The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
strong hold product is not what u are looking for. a nice hairspray might be more up your alley
Haha I am trying to avoid hairspray route and looking for alternatives. The best so far for me is Baxter's clay pomade and next on my consideration is Daimon Clay Pomade..

Sounding out to see if there are alternatives nia.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

dj_flame

Reaction score
ktOZVSal.jpg

Hello ppl, now better at styling liao. MM really is jin good!
Did you use a comb?

dj_flame

Reaction score
My hair is v thick like grass kind one. But like you say it gets weighed down by GD by lunchtime
What kind of hairstyle are you going for?

Voluminuous hair is better off styled with a proper blow dry plus a lightweight product with excellent hold to weight ratio, like Dynamite Clay or Morris Motley Balm - The heat of the blow dry and the way your hair is cut determines how your hair lays, not the strength of the product.

I guess Gold Digger is best for if you want to rely on its weight and hold to "glue" your hair into place, but this means you will be going for more of a slicked down rather than something "poofy". In that case, even Blind Barber 90 Proof is a better product because it goes into easier and has more slickness aka holding individual strands together.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What kind of hairstyle are you going for?

Voluminuous hair is better off styled with a proper blow dry plus a lightweight product with excellent hold to weight ratio, like Dynamite Clay or Morris Motley Balm - The heat of the blow dry and the way your hair is cut determines how your hair lays, not the strength of the product.

I guess Gold Digger is best for if you want to rely on its weight and hold to "glue" your hair into place, but this means you will be going for more of a slicked down rather than something "poofy". In that case, even Blind Barber 90 Proof is a better product because it goes into easier and has more slickness aka holding individual strands together.

I don't do slickbacks/pomops so that's not an issue. My hair short on top and cropped by the sides. I just need something that keeps unruly hair in its place.

Products I've used so far since reading this thread in terms of how well they've worked for me:
Baxter's Clay Pomade, HDF Quicksand (Don't laugh), By Villian Gold Digger, Blind Barber 90 Proof.

Based on the GPGT that I've seen my hair length is definitely much shorter than everyone else's, so styling profile is different as well.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't do slickbacks/pomops so that's not an issue. My hair short on top and cropped by the sides. I just need something that keeps unruly hair in its place.

Products I've used so far since reading this thread in terms of how well they've worked for me:
Baxter's Clay Pomade, HDF Quicksand (Don't laugh), By Villian Gold Digger, Blind Barber 90 Proof.

Based on the GPGT that I've seen my hair length is definitely much shorter than everyone else's, so styling profile is different as well.
U nvr gpgt?

Sent from an emulsion of Love without using GAGT

dj_flame

Reaction score
Pretty much any matte product with decent hold will work here - the shorter hair is it easier it becomes to style, no?

Anyways, I spent years fighting unruliness, finally gave in recently and I have never been happier. Now I just brush hair out of my face, and let nature do its thing. *Shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.