[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

thiamhui

Reaction score
Same problem. On SingTel fiber, unable to connect. Xianz..
Try set the VLAN manually.

Under Advanced Settings -> LAN -> IPTV, select Manual Setting for ISP Profile. Then enter 10 for Internet VID and 0 for PRIO.

See if you can get internet access.

uplinkhack

Reaction score
Try set the VLAN manually.

Under Advanced Settings -> LAN -> IPTV, select Manual Setting for ISP Profile. Then enter 10 for Internet VID and 0 for PRIO.

See if you can get internet access.
working now! thank you so much!!!

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Same problem. On SingTel fiber, unable to connect. Xianz..

Which SingTel Fiber plan are you on and what is your previous router? If it's ASUS router, just setup exactly the same in the ASUSWRT GUI configuration. If you are new to ASUS routers do a quick search.

A quick search in IBNC forums will have various postings and guides on how to set up ASUS routers with various SingTel Fiber plans.

Some examples ~

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/64617548-post4.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...us-ac87u-singtel-fibre-unlimited-4904278.html

Please provide more details.

~ Edit ~

Case closed .... lol

Last edited:

uplinkhack

Reaction score
Was using N66U previously, no issues with auto-detect. Likely something wrong with auto-detect and configuration in AC88U.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using firmware 3.0.0.4.380.858 downloaded from Asus support website. This and original firmware doesn't work directly out of box.

Dear uplinkhack,

I will check. thank you for your feedback.

Best regard,
JK

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using firmware 3.0.0.4.380.858 downloaded from Asus support website. This and original firmware doesn't work directly out of box.

Dear uplinkhack,

I will check. thank you for your feedback.

Best regard,
JK

Let ASUS SG check and look into the matter with the ASUS TW RD, he will provide any updates if any.

If any ASUS RT-AC88U users have issues trying to establish Internet connection on their SingTel Fiber, we are here to assist.

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of using this to replace my existing singtel aztech router but it resides in the dB box. Wonder whether this monster can fit in or not. (Can it stand?) But the wireless will be abit useless if kept inside.

ptey

Reaction score
Just bought mine at Parkway. Before changing to this unit, can someone confirm it can support MIO TV? same using LAN port 4?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
At Challenger Funan, the stocks are not on the shelves. You need to go to the counter at the network/wi-fi section and ask for it.

1 down. 2 more to go. (I have 3 AC87U.... :D)

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Note

The latest firmware (3.0.0.4.380.941 onwards for ASUS RT-AC88U) resolves the QIS SingTel VLAN profiles not applied correctly. It has been tested and QIS now works as intended.

Those SingTel Fiber Internet users with SingTel TV are strongly encouraged to update to this version before proceeding with the QIS or manual selection of the preset SingTel VLAN profiles.

Other ISPs AC88 users need not update to this firmware version.

ASUS SG will post the download links shortly.

Full QIS screenshots, one can refer to my AC5300 thread.

@ ~> http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/97918320-post6.html

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.