[Review] D-Link DIR-890L AC3200 ULTRA Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!!! .... can share with us what u see? Curious leh...
Something like that:
(I disabled my wifi for this shot so as not to sexpose my SSID)

fAGhl2wl.jpg

Sent from the darknet using GAGT

HyperBaka

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My n56u router uplorry liao, thought can tong till it show then buy this bundled with the ball adapter.
Now need buy this router at ex price without discount tmr :s22:
Any other place cheaper than 379$(challenger member)?

Last edited:

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
My n56u router uplorry liao, thought can tong till it show then buy this bundled with the ball adapter.
Now need buy this router at ex price without discount tmr :s22:
Any other place cheaper than 379$(challenger member)?

u use your n56u for how long liao?

whats your isp plan? cos if your internet plan not fast enough, u buy this one also no use leh...

HyperBaka

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u use your n56u for how long liao?

whats your isp plan? cos if your internet plan not fast enough, u buy this one also no use leh...

used 2-3yrs liao.
recently just upgraded 1gbps so nid change router and adapter too.
suddenly my n56u worked again so can tong till it show 26 nov :s13:

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
used 2-3yrs liao.
recently just upgraded 1gbps so nid change router and adapter too.
suddenly my n56u worked again so can tong till it show 26 nov :s13:

eh! good leh! then u tong until sitex... the last show they promote DIR-890L + DWA-192 @$399... I find it quite a good lobang but I didn't get cos wasn't too sure if I really need the DWA-192... now that there are so many good reviews and talks about DWA-192, I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT THEN... :S

but I can tell u, u'll enjoy the red spider... :D

VodkaDevil

Reaction score
Hahahahah i cant wait for that long leh...just got my hand on DIR-890L...now is enjoying it...hope the price gap during the show will not be big....if not heartache hahahahaha...so far performance is good, i am happy with it...if there is white color one, would be better coz match my furniture....anyway red makes it stands in my living room! kekeke

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
I've been using 890L for a while and trying the wireless with SmartConnect ON and OFF.

I have come to a conclusion that turn off SmartConnect is better because i could set the wireless channels myself. When SC is turned on it decides for you. Sometimes when your phone/laptop switches 2.4 to 5GHz there is a slight moment where you are connect but internet connection is not working.

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been using 890L for a while and trying the wireless with SmartConnect ON and OFF.

I have come to a conclusion that turn off SmartConnect is better because i could set the wireless channels myself. When SC is turned on it decides for you. Sometimes when your phone/laptop switches 2.4 to 5GHz there is a slight moment where you are connect but internet connection is not working.

really, I did switch off the SmartConnect cos I want to connect my desktop to the 5Ghz... hahahah but I don't face the sudden switch before leh...

anyone faces this?

lookeong

Reaction score
ROCK Suntec now!!!I saw they are selling DIR-890L @$299 & DWA-192 @$79 only at Gamestart at Suntec Convention Hall

chanbri

Reaction score
@299 that looks very tempting.. still contemplating whether get this or asus ac3200 or asus 88u... asus 5300 still too exp.

HyperBaka

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow 299...
steady liddat it show cheap deal liao!!!!

this compared to the new DIR-885L got wad diff?
which is better?

chanbri

Reaction score
Went over and finally got myself one Red Crab!
Still got chance to win the 885L if can win the lucky draw.

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a beta firmware 1.09b08:

CHANGE LOG:

2.4GHz radio stability issue fixed
Enhanced NTFS performance.
WPS Enable/Disable switch.
IPv6 Auto-detection improvement.
IPv6 Simple Security patched. supported RFC 6092 REC-[1-19, 21-23, 24, 31, 33, 36, 37, 49, 50]
Add Schedule Reboot
Extends the number of rules from 15 to 24. (StaticRoute v4 and v6, PortForwarding, Firewall IPv4 and v6, VirtualServer, WebsiteFilter)
Fix mydlink® portal can’t be accessed while Captcha is enabled.
Fix the firmware notification on management UI.
Windows 10 Edge browser compatibility
Firmware notification fixed

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=63786.0

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.