Reaction score

cleffa3000

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Lets say i want to visit tokyo only for 6 days
Should i buy jr pass or is there any other cheaper pass

socrates

Reaction score
Anybody knows if the the instant noodle museum in osaka and yokohama are the same? From what I see on the websites they look the same but it seems that entry to the one in osaka is free while the one on yokohama costs 500Y. Anybody been to both? Deciding on which one to visit.thanks

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows if the the instant noodle museum in osaka and yokohama are the same? From what I see on the websites they look the same but it seems that entry to the one in osaka is free while the one on yokohama costs 500Y. Anybody been to both? Deciding on which one to visit.thanks

The Ikeda, Osaka one has the historic significance than the Yokohama one

socrates

Reaction score
My 4 day plan of Osaka
Use the Hankyu tourist 2 day pass (1300Y) for the 1st 2 days and perhaps the Osaka amazing 2 day pass for 3000 yen for day 3 and day 4

Day 1:
I am staying near Nakatsu station which is 1 stop away from Umeda station
Morning take the 1 hour hankyu train trip from Umeda to go to Arashiyama. Walk about and admire the scenery. Spend 2 hours there? How long does it take to walk around?

Take the train from Arashiyama to Kawaramachi Station. Walk to Nishiki market for lunch and look around.

Afternoon go to Imperial palace or visit Tofukuji temple. Is it possible to do this 2 places in one afternoon with early sunset ? Too rush?

Have dinner at downtown Kyoto and then take a Hankyu train back to Umeda/Nakatsu from Kawaramachi station

Day 2:
Morning use the Hankyu pass to go to Minoo park. How long does it take to walk around the park? Hopefully have time to also go to the cupnoodle museum at Ikeda till about lunch time.

Afternoon either use the Hankyu pass to go to Kobe or don’t use the pass and visit Nara and visit nara park, Todai-ji temple, Kofuku-ji temple, Kasuga Taisha shrine and deers.

To me Nara looks more attractive while Kobe another big city though the kobe beef seems like a good attraction !

From my calculations I would be able to save some money using the Hankyu tourist 2 day pass even though if go to Nara it would costs me 1600 Y return trip from Osaka station as I cannot use the pass.

Day 3 and Day 4:
Thinking of using the Osaka amazing 2 day pass for 3000 yen to visit attractions like Osaka castle, museum, ferris wheel etc within Osaka area. Also shopping and visit Dotonburi, Namba, shinsaibashi etc

If I get the 1 day Osaka amazing pass then that will leave me with 1 spare day. Should I with 1 spare day visit Nara (means I go to Kobe on day 2) or go to Himeiji castle or head back to Kyoto to visit more attractions there?.

I am open to suggestions and advice to my plans. Thanks

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 4 day plan of Osaka
Use the Hankyu tourist 2 day pass (1300Y) for the 1st 2 days and perhaps the Osaka amazing 2 day pass for 3000 yen for day 3 and day 4

Day 1:
Morning take the 1 hour hankyu train trip from Umeda to go to Arashiyama. Walk about and admire the scenery. Spend 2 hours there? How long does it take to walk around?

Take the train from Arashiyama to Kawaramachi Station. Walk to Nishiki market for lunch and look around.

Afternoon go to Imperial palace or visit Tofukuji temple. Is it possible to do this 2 places in one afternoon with early sunset ? Too rush?

Have dinner at downtown Kyoto and then take a Hankyu train back to Umeda/Nakatsu from Kawaramachi station

Day 2:
Morning use the Hankyu pass to go to Minoo park. How long does it take to walk around the park? Hopefully have time to also go to the cupnoodle museum at Ikeda till about lunch time.

Afternoon either use the Hankyu pass to go to Kobe or don’t use the pass and visit Nara and visit nara park, Todai-ji temple, Kofuku-ji temple, Kasuga Taisha shrine and deers.

To me Nara looks more attractive while Kobe another big city though the kobe beef seems like a good attraction !

From my calculations I would be able to save some money using the Hankyu tourist 2 day pass even though if go to Nara it would costs me 1600 Y return trip from Osaka station as I cannot use the pass.

Day 3 and Day 4:
Thinking of using the Osaka amazing 2 day pass for 3000 yen to visit attractions like Osaka castle, museum, ferris wheel etc within Osaka area. Also shopping and visit Dotonburi, Namba, shinsaibashi etc

If I get the 1 day Osaka amazing pass then that will leave me with 1 spare day. Should I with 1 spare day visit Nara (means I go to Kobe on day 2) or go to Himeiji castle or head back to Kyoto to visit more attractions there?.

Arashiyama can take you one day just to cover the main sights. If you allocate 2 hrs, the most is to do a quick look-see at Tenryuji and Bamboo Groves only. And you still have to walk back to Arashiyama hankyu stn for your next destination.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3912.html

IMO, Nara is nicer than Kobe.

The 1 or 2 days Amazing Osaka passes you can look though the list of attractions to decide if they worth your money and time or not. For me I gotten the 1 day pass only and did 2 onsens, 1 river cruise and one ferris wheel ride with it. I got my money worth and did things that I enjoyed only.

Last edited:

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 4 day plan of Osaka

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3 and Day 4:

my suggestion - choose either Arashiyama or Minoo park. you are spreading your itinerary too thin and not allocating enough time for each event. your morning itinerary for day 1&2 is not realistic.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is osaka a good place to visit/shop if one is an anime fan?

Sent from Samsung SM-G901F using GAGT

for general anime stuff, there is Den Den town which is the Osaka equivalent of Akihabara. there is also the usual Bic and Yodobashi Camera department stores for model kits and figurines and other toys.

if u are looking for anime related attractions, it depending on wat anime u are into. I can only think of the pokemon centres in osaka and the tetsujin28 statue in kobe. maybe Kyoto to visit the sites that are featured in assassination classroom ,k-on and other animes.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shibuya, akihabara, shinjuku

Pokemon center is where ar

If i know which pass is best i wouldnt have asked here

what he meant is that u can only determine which pass is best based on the places u are going.
if u are just visiting the places within Tokyo city, u dun really need any passes. just get a store-value card, such as SUICA, to get ard.

J O K E R

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone visited fushimi Inari shrine during the night?

Plan to visit it next month but not sure whether is it safe?

nonpareil

Reaction score
I know this might be a rather subjective question, but I have a question for all you experienced Japan travelers, so here goes: For a first time traveler, which of this places would you recommend? Nikko or Hakone? Or specifically Nikko or Fuji 5th station? as i hear some parts of the hakone route is closed. Its just that I am going next week and still trying to figure out which of this day trips should I do. Fuji is obvious as I get to see it up close, while Nikko has Ieyasu's grave and I like old jap architecture. Thank for any reply.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone visited fushimi Inari shrine during the night?

Plan to visit it next month but not sure whether is it safe?

i went at night. its safe but super super creepy. after i start the climb along the tori gates, the light n shadows + the quiet really unsettling maybe cos i go alone lol..

the main shrine at the base is ok.

Integra.TypeR

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to travel to Osaka > Kyoto > Tokyo from 1 April to 12 April 2016.

Which airline would you recommend? SQ timing not very good.. My budget is around $700 per pax. SQ has 2 to go promotion.. but the timing is horrible although the promo met my budget.

How about United Airline? Anyone tried Scoot to Tokyo before? They have decent timing and it's cheap.

And, i plan to propose to my GF in Kyoto, which "area" would be best in terms of romantic and full bloom of cherry blossom?

Thanks.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
taking Scoot you need to note the 2 legged flight and you need to ninja your makan :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.