Apple Watch

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried running runkeeper and activity app at the same time on apple watch for a run.

my observation, the app that is in the background will not track anything.
e.g. i start runkeeper follow by activity app, activity app will get al the stats wheresle when runkeeper will revert to startup mode..

same as the reverse order for activity app then runkeeper, runkeepr will have stats and activity none.

benz1987

Reaction score
Just like to check do you all use the wake screen on wrist raise function? For myself, I do initially have the function on but realised that it drains the battery quite fast. When I'm on my keyboard, the screen wakes itself up many a times due to the position of my wrist.

Cheers!

speedster4005

Reaction score
Just like to check do you all use the wake screen on wrist raise function? For myself, I do initially have the function on but realised that it drains the battery quite fast. When I'm on my keyboard, the screen wakes itself up many a times due to the position of my wrist.

Cheers!

Yes, I do use it since the beginning.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cheers!

I'm not bothered by that as it's supposed to function as it is and also not bothered by batt life as it's a smartwatch anyway.

That being said, I just received a Milanese Loop strap from my wife for Christmas present and upcoming 1st-year wedding anniversary. :deg:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it still too late to buy the Apple Watch? Or should i wait for Watch2?

There are new stating the Watch 2 will be out late in 2nd quarter of 2016. Theoretically means left around 6-7 mths left before it's out.

So if you can wait that long, just wait. Else, get the current model. Though 1st gen, it's a real technical marvel of a smartwatch! :D

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are new stating the Watch 2 will be out late in 2nd quarter of 2016. Theoretically means left around 6-7 mths left before it's out.

So if you can wait that long, just wait. Else, get the current model. Though 1st gen, it's a real technical marvel of a smartwatch! :D

my sis in law is working in Apple HQ so she can get at good price.. tempting.. I played with her Apple Watch before but didn't fancy it at first. I think it will be good when i wear it for my run and gym (measure HB rate etc).

I'm always wearing mechanical watches and I'm worried when i start to wear the Apple Watch, my other watches will get practically 0 wrist time except when attending functions.

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my sis in law is working in Apple HQ so she can get at good price.. tempting.. I played with her Apple Watch before but didn't fancy it at first. I think it will be good when i wear it for my run and gym (measure HB rate etc).

I'm always wearing mechanical watches and I'm worried when i start to wear the Apple Watch, my other watches will get practically 0 wrist time except when attending functions.

Well it's like that. Ever since I got mine in July this year, I totally never wear my G-Shocks, Seiko, TAG and Rolex for around 3 mths. Sometimes I felt really guilty neglecting them but recently also started wearing my mechanicals again, but seldom too.

The AW is such a fantastic watch to wear and I mainly wear it for notifications and activity monitoring and neglecting it for a day disrupts the flow. But I only wear it when I'm out so sometimes on weekends when I'm home I don't wear it.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Well it's like that. Ever since I got mine in July this year, I totally never wear my G-Shocks, Seiko, TAG and Rolex for around 3 mths. Sometimes I felt really guilty neglecting them but recently also started wearing my mechanicals again, but seldom too.

The AW is such a fantastic watch to wear and I mainly wear it for notifications and activity monitoring and neglecting it for a day disrupts the flow. But I only wear it when I'm out so sometimes on weekends when I'm home I don't wear it.
same here. i do miss the haptic feel whenever notifications come in.

last sunday, did not wear the AW out. felt so lost, like something missing.

it's a good notification device though price is a tad expensive.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same here. i do miss the haptic feel whenever notifications come in.

last sunday, did not wear the AW out. felt so lost, like something missing.

it's a good notification device though price is a tad expensive.

Alternatively you can wear the AW on one side and the other watch on the other side. But then, it looks weird.

So far the AW is the most expensive smartwatch to date but it's also the most good-looking amd most functional too.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Alternatively you can wear the AW on one side and the other watch on the other side. But then, it looks weird.

So far the AW is the most expensive smartwatch to date but it's also the most good-looking amd most functional too.
have u seen the asus zenwatch 2? it looks sleek & stylish too!

apple products always come w a premium.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have u seen the asus zenwatch 2? it looks sleek & stylish too!

apple products always come w a premium.

Don't really like it. One of the better android-powered smartwatches are Samsung Gear series, but still, no fight to Apple's.

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung gear2 cannot fight la.. The built is worst then a Dora watch.. So filmsy and looks like a toy watch

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
My alternative would be the Pebble Steel. (not the pebble time)

On a separate note, i realised that even m1 is selling the watch now. Saw it on m1 website. Not sure about other telcos as i didnt check.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
But some said the Gear S2 is very tok kong.
the rotating bezel is unique la, but in terms of app quality/quantity, another issue altogether .. budden ... even with a lot of apps. also never use on my Apple Watch Sports. lolz.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the rotating bezel is unique la, but in terms of app quality/quantity, another issue altogether .. budden ... even with a lot of apps. also never use on my Apple Watch Sports. lolz.

I think smartwatch apps needed to be improved in a sense being native. Certain apps which are great for the phones should be added to smartwatches too.

Guess now it's still an 'experimental' period.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The Apple Watch Edition is the most expensive smartwatch...The Tag Heur smartwatch is the next most expensive smartwatch followed by a tie between Huawei Watch and Apple Watch...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Apple Watch Edition is the most expensive smartwatch...The Tag Heur smartwatch is the next most expensive smartwatch followed by a tie between Huawei Watch and Apple Watch...

I was referring the AW in general to be the most expensive of all the smartwatches instead.

subisisniki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. Apple Watch already have the function to reply directly to whatsapp notifications. What i want to know is can anyone change the default messages and it works with the quick reply for whatsapp

Sorry, I'm thinking of getting one. Means I can't text out?

I can only reply to notifications?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.