[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For me personally SSD is way overkill. That few seconds more won't add years to your life. Rather use it for games. Anyway with physical discs, your games don't really consume much data unlike digital games so I'm sure each physical copy won't take up 30-50GB of HDD space.

articated

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
For me personally SSD is way overkill. That few seconds more won't add years to your life. Rather use it for games. Anyway with physical discs, your games don't really consume much data unlike digital games so I'm sure each physical copy won't take up 30-50GB of HDD space.

I got some games hitting in between 30-50gb
With physical disc

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I got some games hitting in between 30-50gb
With physical disc

I see. Well then maybe 1TB also won't be enough cause that's around 20 odd games during the lifespan of your PS4. Unless you uninstall the game but not sure if your save files are gone if you do that.

articated

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
I see. Well then maybe 1TB also won't be enough cause that's around 20 odd games during the lifespan of your PS4. Unless you uninstall the game but not sure if your save files are gone if you do that.

Not wrong saved files is in another part
So deleting game data saved data not affected

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if you play physical discs, complete one game then uninstall and play another. this is what i do and i still got 300gb of free space despite having many games.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For Valkyria fans, there will be a PS4 game next year.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For FFX|X-2, is there option for Japanese voice with english subtitles?

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Alot of website will talk abt ssd but if compare to a 7200rpm the diff is not alot. But from the original 5400rpm to 7200rpm, you will notice the different.

I changed mine to 1tb 7200rpm and I noticed the different from booting up of the PS4 to loading of the game (the same game I been playing since I bought my ps4 3 months back)

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alot of website will talk abt ssd but if compare to a 7200rpm the diff is not alot. But from the original 5400rpm to 7200rpm, you will notice the different.

I changed mine to 1tb 7200rpm and I noticed the different from booting up of the PS4 to loading of the game (the same game I been playing since I bought my ps4 3 months back)

will it shave 10mins from each loading time or just less than a min?

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
will it shave 10mins from each loading time or just less than a min?

If you think u are ok with loading lag of about 1 min and you don't really need so much hd space then there is not a need to change.

I will said it wouldn't shave off 10mins.. Like 1min or slighty more the most if add up. All depend on your preference. :)

Found this link.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps4-hard-drive-upgrade-guide

It should SSD got a big diff but some website said not much diff. End of the day it boil down to are you willing to spend more for the upgrade or just save the $$ to buy more games.. heehee

Last edited:

bbcccc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you think u are ok with loading lag of about 1 min and you don't really need so much hd space then there is not a need to change.

I will said it wouldn't shave off 10mins.. Like 1min or slighty more the most if add up. All depend on your preference. :)

Found this link.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps4-hard-drive-upgrade-guide

It should SSD got a big diff but some website said not much diff. End of the day it boil down to are you willing to spend more for the upgrade or just save the $$ to buy more games.. heehee

SSD ftw~~~~~~~~

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Even if you have the disc, your entire game will be downloaded and installed fully on your PS4. So its consumes the same space as a digital game. You don't ever hear the disc spinning after starting it up right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.