[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC5300

CoolRock

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Smart connect still works with different SSID? If the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz same signal level, which one will it connect to first?

bingrui

Reaction score
Thanks for the info tml i shall go Amk Hub and check out if they still have stock for the router if not i have to wait till SITEX..

Only the flagship stalls+those where we have promoters. (AMK, JP, NEX, PP, Funan. Regrading stocks left, I have no idea. But just now 8.30 i left JP still have 4 to grab:s13::s13::s13:

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm staying in a 4-Rm HDB lah. The most is to monitor the stability of the connection (or you would like to call it coverage) of my 9xIP cameras over the next few days lor

Can we help to monitor for you together ??

:D

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Can somebody answer as to how many MU-MIMO devices can the AC5300 connects at any one time?

:s8:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

How many MU-MIMO devices do you have? ;) :D

Ok found out that AC5300 can support 8 MU-MIMO devices max.

Also, if just running on SU-MIMO devices do I benefit from the NitroQAM or is it meant only for MU-MIMO devices? Or the NitroQAM feature only benefits clients with Broadcom chipsets?

:D

Last edited:

guards80

Reaction score
anyone have whatsapp call issue connect wifi on ac87u, call other side was on 4g network and i cannot hear other side speaking sound but other side can hear what i speak. but i try connect on both ac87u wifi on my home but its work both can hear the speaking sound. and i change router to 7009singtel set. no problem at all. either call other side on 4g network. both using 4g data also no problem. i think issue is on ac87u.

hope this ac5300 no have this wifi problem.

Last edited:

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone have whatsapp call issue connect wifi on ac87u, call other side was on 4g network and i cannot hear other side speaking sound but other side can hear what i speak. but i try connect on both ac87u wifi on my home but its work both can hear the speaking sound. and i change router to 7009singtel set. no problem at all. either call other side on 4g network. both using 4g data also no problem. i think issue is on ac87u.

hope this ac5300 no have this wifi problem.

Were you using the 2.4 or 5GHz band on the AC87U?

guards80

Reaction score
Were you using the 2.4 or 5GHz band on the AC87U?

both have try before but same problem no sound. if both phone on wifi either 2.4ghz or 5ghz no problem. if 1 of phone on 4g data. and other phone on wifi 2.4 or 5 the problem come no sound. if both phone on 4g data also no problem. then i change to singtel 7009 router no problem at all. think ac87u got problem. hope the ac5300 dont have this issue.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lunch walk around vivo saw 7 sets in total at challenger and Asus brand store.

mikengtw

Reaction score
I just went to AMK challenger and grab the Last set Asus AC5300.. Lucky lor..

No wonder I just when to AMK challenger there see nothing
so you are the lucky person got it.. so how much did you
pay for it.

jeffong

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, there's no MU-MIMO device that can actually leverage on the faster speed offered by the AC-88 and AC-5300 yet right? If so, why the rush since it might be a year or two out before consumer devices start to integrate the chipset similar to how long it took before AC devices launched and become mainstream.

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, there's no MU-MIMO device that can actually leverage on the faster speed offered by the AC-88 and AC-5300 yet right? If so, why the rush since it might be a year or two out before consumer devices start to integrate the chipset similar to how long it took before AC devices launched and become mainstream.

I think most of the buyers didn't buy them because of MU-MIMO (they're not the first routers which support MU-MIMO anyway). It's just new Asus fever. :D

jeffong

Reaction score
I think most of the buyers didn't buy them because of MU-MIMO (they're not the first routers which support MU-MIMO anyway). It's just new Asus fever. :D

That's true especially for those unfortunate souls who were hypnotized into getting the AC-87's which turned up to be a dud. Already learned my lesson from the similar AC-66 saga which has that horrendous flaky 5Ghz band problem.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Some ACER and MSI laptops have mu-mimo. Smartphones like Oneplus2, Xiaomi Mi 4i, Mi Note Pro etc also have it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.