Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

snore93

Master Member
Reaction score
I opened my securities and esaver account around Aug 2015. Can I close my esaver with no penalty charges? Reason being I'm planning to use my dash account to transfer fund to securities account to buy/sell shares. Want to circumvent the $1K minimum sum problem. Thanks

From stanchart website:

Early account closure fee (within 6 months) S$0

No charges.

disavowed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I opened my securities and esaver account around Aug 2015. Can I close my esaver with no penalty charges? Reason being I'm planning to use my dash account to transfer fund to securities account to buy/sell shares. Want to circumvent the $1K minimum sum problem. Thanks

Yes, just ensure u open ur dash acc first. I did this also, no early closure fee

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys trade solely in Singapore market?

Advisable to open account in other market as well, like US?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Do you guys trade solely in Singapore market?

Advisable to open account in other market as well, like US?

You suffer a bad exchange rate using other currency for scb.
I personally trade US counters using SCB because I'm lazy to use Interactive brokers and my trades are small.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You suffer a bad exchange rate using other currency for scb.
I personally trade US counters using SCB because I'm lazy to use Interactive brokers and my trades are small.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still weighing the pros and cons of opening account for diff market.

No maintenance fee for SCB right? Say I open an account each for SG and US but rarely trade on the latter?

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to know who is the RM ? you ask them for their namecard after the application is done ? usually they wont tell u or give u a copy of the forms unless you ask

RM are human beings too. They are also usually wearing a nametag. Always make it a point to know their names and address them by name.

If you want to get promoted to management level, take this as an opportunity to practice your social skills and make it a habit. Address them by name and make eye contact. The most inspiring bosses at the minimum know everyone by name and above that, probably know something about your current job project, your family, interests etc =:p

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how to know who is the RM ? you ask them for their namecard after the application is done ? usually they wont tell u or give u a copy of the forms unless you ask

Rm won't bother with people who use scb to trade one lah

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM are human beings too. They are also usually wearing a nametag. Always make it a point to know their names and address them by name.

If you want to get promoted to management level, take this as an opportunity to practice your social skills and make it a habit. Address them by name and make eye contact. The most inspiring bosses at the minimum know everyone by name and above that, probably know something about your current job project, your family, interests etc =:p

the branch I went to, the person wasn't wearing any nametag, I looked for it at the start

just bluff them say next time maybe want to sign credit card or take loan want to look for them also loh :s13:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Which is why you need to bother them instead. Anyway I bother mine when my account had issues opening. Suffice to say the attitude wasn't good but it works.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Which is why you need to bother them instead. Anyway I bother mine when my account had issues opening. Suffice to say the attitude wasn't good but it works.

Usually just call the Standchart hotline to find the status or anything regarding your account

Rm usually want target those richie rich and high networth people who they can sell their unit trust, insurance, fixed deposit, loan or even structured product to and not those who find $25 is a lot and always looking for the best deal

There was once last year, when I brought my ginna pi friend to open the scb trading account. After everything was completed, my ginna pi friend asked for the guy name card, so that he can directly contact this guy to if the system platform is down but he was declined politely lol. Maybe both of us wear until very lok.

Was told to call the hotline to check for status or any other queries in future. Then the rm just jitao avoid eye contact with us and look at his screen le haha

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the branch I went to, the person wasn't wearing any nametag, I looked for it at the start

just bluff them say next time maybe want to sign credit card or take loan want to look for them also loh :s13:

Maybe it will work for those who are just out working one

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually just call the Standchart hotline to find the status or anything regarding your account

Rm usually want target those richie rich and high networth people who they can sell their unit trust, insurance, fixed deposit, loan or even structured product to and not those who find $25 is a lot and always looking for the best deal

There was once last year, when I brought my ginna pi friend to open the scb trading account. After everything was completed, my ginna pi friend asked for the guy name card, so that he can directly contact this guy to if the system platform is down but he was declined politely lol. Maybe both of us wear until very lok.

Was told to call the hotline to check for status or any other queries in future. Then the rm just jitao avoid eye contact with us and look at his screen le haha

tiagong some very rich ppl sometimes also wear very lok cok one leh.. and some ppl who trade using scb may be rich guy like Perisher..later some time later go back and sign up some big big plan cos have good impression of the guy.. never know when the seed u planted might grow into a tree

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
tiagong some very rich ppl sometimes also wear very lok cok one leh.. and some ppl who trade using scb may be rich guy like Perisher..later some time later go back and sign up some big big plan cos have good impression of the guy.. never know when the seed u planted might grow into a tree

Must be a chao Uncle wear lok cok Lok cok then got potential one ma..

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

My total asset value is less than 1mil. That should clarify alot...:s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.