Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sharing my experience with IPhone 4s at low temperature when I was in Iceland last month. When my battery is low around 40-50%, can only take two or three pictures before auto shut down. Phone only revive when plug into power bank for a while. Can feel the phone was ice cold when auto shut down. So make sure your battery level is high.

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was all over Hokkaido in Feb this year.
Surprisingly no issue with my iPhone 6+ & Panasonic GF6 batteries.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for opening this thread, I have a question about Li-ion battery in -0 environment.

I read that, batteries, such as iphone, DSLR, etc. dies very quickly in -0 environment.
How does Japanese work around it during those season?

I was hoping to bring my DSLR to Hokkaido in this Dec, but was worry if it even last a few hours.

Thanks for your time!

keep spare batteries close to ur body, inside ur winter jacket to keep it warm.

alexboy

Reaction score
Going to japan first time next year and want to go to Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. Totally no idea what kind of itinerary I should have, and how to travel. Any recommendation? TIA

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Going to japan first time next year and want to go to Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. Totally no idea what kind of itinerary I should have, and how to travel. Any recommendation? TIA

Number of days over there? Since u r going there for the 1st time. U can just stick to toyko or osaka/Kyoto. I been to tokyo twice in 2009 and 2013. 1st time only spend 6days 5 night there which was not enough. That y visit again in 2013.

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for opening this thread, I have a question about Li-ion battery in -0 environment.

I read that, batteries, such as iphone, DSLR, etc. dies very quickly in -0 environment.
How does Japanese work around it during those season?

I was hoping to bring my DSLR to Hokkaido in this Dec, but was worry if it even last a few hours.

Thanks for your time!

hi raymond

no worries !

DSLR works fine. used my nikon D5000 in hokkaido for 3 months, no problems with batt life. Iphone 4 too.

it is really quite overstated. most people will not spend hours outdoors.

besides, the camera itself generates heat from continuous operation. the temperature will never be at 0

w3nGaL

Reaction score
shops in Ameyoko Shopping Street closes on Wed? I read online that it closes on selected Wed....and i already make plans to go there in dec. if that wed is a PH, higher chance the shops will be open?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was wrong about outlet shopping in Japan. Left 20k yen poorer with 5 items from Nike. The kurashiki mitsui outlet is not bad at all. But for Nike not all items are cheap. Other brands like Adidas, puma, asics seem to have mire cheaper items.

Sent from using GAGT

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
going straight to Osaka on arrival? yes get on the shinkansen. I think you should get the 7 days JR Pass if your return trip back to Tokyo is within 7 days, otherwise you should just get the normal ticket. if you don't mind taking the slower shinkansen, you can use the Purrato Kodama ticket option to save some money. this is if you cannot use the 7 days JR Pass...

yes and get the NEX round trip ticket.

Anyway, for 2 days Kyoto trip, should I buy any bus pass? I heard there can travel around via bus..

Travis_Touchdown

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japan noob here

Hi,

I want to plan for a trip to Japan in 22 March-31 March 2016 to see the sakura.

But I am a total noob about Japan and don't know where to go to.

May I ask what are the differences between the provinces? What to do at which province?

Also, which airport should I fly to?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to plan for a trip to Japan in 22 March-31 March 2016 to see the sakura.

But I am a total noob about Japan and don't know where to go to.

May I ask what are the differences between the provinces? What to do at which province?

Also, which airport should I fly to?

Thanks in advance!

For first timer can base in Tokyo and take day trips to Nikko, kamakura or Yokohama. Lots of nice spots in Tokyo see sakura.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Is tralocal service good? It's a free service where those jap locals will offer to meet u and guide u around.. Say free is free, but will they expect any tips at the end?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just left shinsekai, tried the kushikatsu at one of the shops. Not too bad but not that cheap. 5567 yen for 3 pax.

Got police action. Four police cars then my mom kp when to ask some ojisans sitting nearby what happened. Apparently caught some yakuza. They repeated the words Kuro Kuro (black?) and pointed to the eyes?

Sent from using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.