Switching from iPhone to Android

siandiao

Reaction score
Supposedly you've matured in your smartphone usage, or simply made a mistake. Here's a guide to help your transition into using Android, if you've previously used an iPhone.

Switch to Android

cherryjiyong

Reaction score
Android phone for me is more user-friendly. I got a quite cheap but good quality Android phone from China. I'd like to buy China cheap Android smartphone again.

starbucksrox

Reaction score
Nice~ enjoy. i also switched from iPhone 4 to a Mi 4i.. my iphone last me very long but i realise after a few years the device lags like siao and cannot flash. So expensive to buy that latest iphone so i tried Xiaomi phone.. the UI looks like iOS one anyway.

avidflorist

Reaction score
This should help when I switch over to android later this year. Sick of ios and it's problems

skygarden

Reaction score
from iphone to android because of whatsapp web , but last week announced whatsapp web on ios , omg........ lazy change back haizz:zotto:

Steve2stv

Reaction score
android has so much more possibilities and less restrictions than iOS. it's a plus for users especially with today's growing technology changes.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
With android marshmallow 6.0 one can move all the installed apps from internal storage to sd_card whereas Iphone can't

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My iPhone Whatsapp chats history, how can they be ported over to my new android phone? Is that even possible?

alex76

Reaction score
I'm surprise that nothing much have been discuss about the switching. you mean no one really swicth from iPhone to Android??
The sticky posted doesn't talk about moving sms, call logs other apps chat history from iPhone to Android.

I am planning to switch to Android mainly due to the crystal clear of S7 edge screen compare to iphone.
I have seached the whole web (perhaps missed out some) but still unable to extract all my call logs, sms, notes, line and whatsapp chat history to be ported to my new samsung s7.
I have even bought the registration code for Wondershare mobiletrans but it failed to read the call logs and sms from my iphone, wasted my money :mad:

Anyone have more solution for this?

Jun Kid328

Reaction score
I have swapped from my Iphone 8+ to my Huawei Mate 20 Pro and now I have swapped back to Iphone due to the uncertainty of the ban and all its issues, so I have a lot to say about this topic.
Firstly, when you swap from an Iphone to Android, you’re not just changing phone, your changing an entire ecosystem. With Apple and its Iphone, its much easier which phone you should get because there’s literally so few options, most of which use IOS with its pros and cons. So swapping to an Android phone means you have to learn all the new tricks and gestures. There’s even a performance mode on Android (sometimes known as Game mode). So it’ll take a while but once you get used to it you’ll start to realise how annoying IOS flaws are.
Secondly, the camera performance also differs a lot. Iphone’s camera is tuned and engineered for Apple, not built for how good you look or any over saturation nonsence. It tries to get the image as realistic and as easy to use as possible. No super high res mode for the photo. Just pure 12 Megapixel shots with just a tap of the button. With Android phones ots much different. Samsung aims to get sometjing like the Iphone except the photos are sometimes better (S10) or worse (A50) due to the price gap in each. Huawei photos are usually the most over saturated and will make all your pictures look damn good to the human eye but thats trades off as being unrealistic in the process. Xiaomi basically is something like Apple’s but with a bit more features but trades off in things lack of OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) and slightly lower dynamic range. But because of the massive proce gap its all negligible (For Xiaomi).
Thridly, its pretty hard to transfer all your stuff from Iphone to Android but this seems to be the past cause now many companies are making it easier to transfer your stuff over.
Those are the main things when transferring from an Iphone to Android or vice versa.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.