Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

nikomesh

Reaction score
i have been using HMA for quite some time..works well and now they are much faster than before..they interface also is quite straight forward.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have been using HMA for quite some time..works well and now they are much faster than before..they interface also is quite straight forward.

I was on hma once like 1.5 years ago, but the speed was miserable compared to astrill. Not just bad, but really, really bad. Did they improve since? How is the speed compared to other services?

jaason

Reaction score
Is Pure VPN good? User please share. Thanks.

I started using PureVPN for 2 months. So far reasonably ok. Using it largely to unblock youtube, China video streaming and etc... US sites usually ok. China video streaming sites depend on the time of day... Generally ok with iPad & IOS. But have some problem at times with Android

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I started using PureVPN for 2 months. So far reasonably ok. Using it largely to unblock youtube, China video streaming and etc... US sites usually ok. China video streaming sites depend on the time of day... Generally ok with iPad & IOS. But have some problem at times with Android

For China streaming, weekday night time stream fast?

ilOmbr4

Reaction score
I've been going with PIA for a while now. Use it mainly to get around content restrictions in the US. Speeds are pretty good when connected to servers in Silicon Valley in the US, around 25 mbits/s. Enough to get a 1080p stream running without buffering. YMMV

oric1

Reaction score
hmm, yesterday i have a weird discovery.
I tried using my astrill stealthvpn on my china brand and brought tablet using windows 10 and the download for youku actually went up to 1-2 mBps, limited by the tablet n wifi connection. But it seems like it will go in a cycle with a 0 connection after 10mins before picking up again in 5 mins.
On my desktop, the most it was 300kBps using the same method but in windows 7.

On Win8.1 desktop, I was able to get 900kBps on China Server 2 via Astrill StealthVPN.

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Hi bros,

I'm currently on 600mbps VQ plan(renewing to 1gbps this weekend). Currently on VQ's Freedom VPN and am quite happy with it. Using it mainly for geo-restricted content.

However, Freedom VPN is obviously not able to work on 3G/4G. As such, I wanna get a VPN so that I can stream netflix on the go.

At home, I usually also climb BT so getting a VPN is another plus. Will also be using the connection to stream netflix.

As such, can anyone recommend me on which VPN to use? The requirement are:
1. Decent speeds on BT
2. Stream 1080p on netflix with no or minimum buffer

edit: Oh right, I forgot 1 last requirement

3. Able to do both 1 & 2 at the same time

Thanks bros.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway, ec2 has always been good for some free hulu. i'm on the west coast and it streams 480p smoothly all the time. im running on less secured pptp though. but then again, can't really ask for much since the whole setup process takes less than 1min excluding the initialization of a node.

did the sg node really give out UK address? if that is the case, i can finally watch bbc on iplayer!

May be u can tell us a bit more about ec2. It is a free vpn?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been going with PIA for a while now. Use it mainly to get around content restrictions in the US. Speeds are pretty good when connected to servers in Silicon Valley in the US, around 25 mbits/s. Enough to get a 1080p stream running without buffering. YMMV

I try their free trial but could not unblock Hong Kong Site whileas others can unblock.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros,

I'm currently on 600mbps VQ plan(renewing to 1gbps this weekend). Currently on VQ's Freedom VPN and am quite happy with it. Using it mainly for geo-restricted content.

However, Freedom VPN is obviously not able to work on 3G/4G. As such, I wanna use get a VPN so that I can stream netflix on the go.

At home, I usually also climb BT so getting a VPN is another plus. Will also be using the connection to stream netflix.

As such, can anyone recommend me on which VPN to use? The requirement are:
1. Decent speeds on BT
2. Stream 1080p on netflix with no or minimum buffer.

Thanks bros.

But it is expensive compare to others that offer 1 yr subscription. Of course price not a big issue.

Last edited:

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
259cVbG.jpg

ASTRILL black friday deals coming.

stiwipl

Reaction score
ASTRILL black friday deals coming.

They seem to have increased the price for 2 year plan? US$149.99 was the price for 2 year plan last month (even US$125.99 as stated here), now they increased it to US$169.99 ahead of Black Friday...

Some users here paid US$89 & US$99 for 2 year plan, which were fantastic deals I think. Let's see what they will come up with.

oric1

Reaction score
They seem to have increased the price for 2 year plan? US$149.99 was the price for 2 year plan last month (even US$125.99 as stated here), now they increased it to US$169.99 ahead of Black Friday...

Some users here paid US$89 & US$99 for 2 year plan, which were fantastic deals I think. Let's see what they will come up with.

I paid US$99 (S$134) last year for the 2-year plan which includes StealthVPN, RouterPro VPN & connect 2 devices at the same time. Surprisingly the China servers still working when I enabled the StealthVPN.

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
TorGuard having 50% offer for 1 year vpn (US$29.99 after discount) promo code is BlackFriday :s12:

Sensational

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wanna ask what is the recommended vpn man? thinking of subscribing for one this blackfriday. read through some pages and seem like astrill is good?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.