Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if umbrella can carry on to plane?

i saw a lot of very nice umbrellas in kyoto ( full size type) but i want to buy but i dun dare to check in 1 single umbrella haha...

can. have brought the full length (1.1m i think) mt fuji trekking pole as handcarry luggage before

they will insist that you check in, but if you insist they be held responsible for any damage, they will allow you to hand carry

once on board, ask the stewardess politely. they usually have a closet or space to hang coats, guitars and other long odd shaped objects.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
put power bank in carry on safer. Fren and I flew to Taiwan on Scoot, then he put his power bank in the checked in luggage and we prepared to board the plane. Then the check in counter person announced his name; turned out that the security checked that his power bank was not supposed to be in the luggage.

Yeah Power banks don't leave it in checked luggage.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Will be at kyoto for 2 days 1 night ftom feb 1. I am staying within walking disrance from kyoto stn.

On the 1st full day.
It is ok to visit Fushimi Inari Shrine in the morning, followed by ginzakuji on the northern side and follow by Kiyomizudera Temple last . May I know how much time needed for each attractions?

On my 2nd days, I will be departing to osaka after 3pm and use luggage locker service at kyoto stn. So it is ok to do Arashiyama and kinkakuji from the morning till mid afternoon? Or should I just concentrate just kinkakuji?

TIA.

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
since you make a round trip for Tokyo-Osaka/Kyoto-Tokyo, its best that you get the 7 days JR pass. You can go Yuzawa on your 8th Jan. High chance you can play some snow there.

http://www.e-yuzawa.gr.jp/english/index.html

yeah will be getting the JR 7 day pass since we will be staying at Osaka for 4 nights and will be using that as a base to Kyoto and Kobe/Nara.

Yuzawa can use the JR pass to take train there from Tokyo?

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
1. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2276.html
u can join the crowd shrines such as meiji shrine. or maybe go to some pubs/clubs for countdown

2. disneysea is unique, only one in the world, whereas there are many Disneyland ard. many rides in Disneyland are common throughout the world. Disneyland also cater more to children, whereas the rides in disneysea are more adult orientated.

3. Tokyo doesn't snow much, so there is no ski resorts. u will need to head out to places like mt Fuji or gala yuzawa for skiing

4. u can head to lake kawaguchi for view of mt Fuji. then go up to fifth station if u want to set foot on mt fuji

thanks for your detailed information. appreciated.

regarding mt Fuji, where can I buy bus tickets to head to fifth station from Tokyo? I saw one bus website it says no buses will be going to gift station during winter :(

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah will be getting the JR 7 day pass since we will be staying at Osaka for 4 nights and will be using that as a base to Kyoto and Kobe/Nara.

Yuzawa can use the JR pass to take train there from Tokyo?

yes, it covers by JR pass

Haman

Reaction score
Hi, looking at my itinerary below for Tokyo, where should I stay for family of 4, 2 rooms and budget of $60 per person( can cheaper better) for 4 nights? I read that Ueno is recommended? Thanks.

Day 1 Tokyo (10 Mar, Thurs) Reach Haneda airport @4pm. Check in hotel n dinner n shop around.

Day 2 (11 Mar, Fri) Meiji shrine, Shibuya, Hachiko Statue, Tokyo metropolitan building, Yoyogi park.

Day 3 (12 Mar, Sat) Hakone free pass, Tokyo tower.

Day 4 (13 Mar, Sun) Tsukiji Seafood Market, Ginza, Senso-ji temple, Asakusa area (shrine & shopping), Ueno park, Pokemon Mega Centre.

Shortiesnap

Reaction score
hi, I need some advice. Please help..
I am travelling this coming 24th March to Tokyo..
Will touch down at 1420 at Narita Airport and plan to travel to Kyoto the same day.
question: will it be very rush to travel to Kyoto the same day or stay Tokyo for a night and travel the next day?

where should I get the JR Pass? in SG or from the counter in Tokyo?
thanks a lot for your help.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, I need some advice. Please help..
I am travelling this coming 24th March to Tokyo..
Will touch down at 1420 at Narita Airport and plan to travel to Kyoto the same day.
question: will it be very rush to travel to Kyoto the same day or stay Tokyo for a night and travel the next day?

where should I get the JR Pass? in SG or from the counter in Tokyo?
thanks a lot for your help.

JR pass can only get outside of JP. like online or from agents like HIS, JTB Sg.

14.20pm arrive means about 15.20 then u will take NEX to Tokyo or Shinagawa. The shinkansen you can take is Hikari 481 at 17:10 or 17:22. Reaching Kyoto at 19:47. Is it too late for you? If you are travelling light and fit enough, shouldn't be too big a problem if you make the immediate transfer to Kyoto.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking at my itinerary below for Tokyo, where should I stay for family of 4, 2 rooms and budget of $60 per person( can cheaper better) for 4 nights? I read that Ueno is recommended? Thanks.

Day 1 Tokyo (10 Mar, Thurs) Reach Haneda airport @4pm. Check in hotel n dinner n shop around.

Day 2 (11 Mar, Fri) Meiji shrine, Shibuya, Hachiko Statue, Tokyo metropolitan building, Yoyogi park.

Day 3 (12 Mar, Sat) Hakone free pass, Tokyo tower.

Day 4 (13 Mar, Sun) Tsukiji Seafood Market, Ginza, Senso-ji temple, Asakusa area (shrine & shopping), Ueno park, Pokemon Mega Centre.

4 pax can try airbnb

eg
https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/9066911?checkin=10-03-2016&checkout=14-03-2016&guests=4&s=NooTj0CZ

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At summer ,Tokyo is up to 35 degrees ,5th Station is 15 degree & the summit is just above zero. I was there for Mt Fuji hike last August.

Winter time ? 5 Station should be -10 degrees at day time.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Had looked around Airbnb and booked with him in the end for 4 nights.

Good for you. It does seems like a good spot being so near to Ueno stn. he provides free pocket wifi too I think.

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Checked into airbnb apartment in shinjuku earlier. Took the monorail and changed to the yamanote line. There's promotion fare of flat yen500. Meaning there's savings of yen190 a pax.

gogo1980

Reaction score
Hi

Would like to ask if anyone knows whether it is possible to cancel flight ticket of one person, when the online booking is made for 2 person.
Airline: ANA

Tried to do this from website but the cancellation seems to be applied to the whole "booking reference" ie both tickets.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.