[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he is probably a kid using his parents money to buy the digital games from the way he post. will just add him to ignore list.

Then i must be barely a fetus when i joined HWZ in July 2002! /S

coincidentally, i am a 33 guy working full time in a bank and didn't get a cent from my parents since the age 18 but i digress...

Oh....and i am not a uni-grad. TP Alumni here. I believe in capitalism...i.e....paying for quality and reward the artiste/creators for it.

Last edited:

runforyourlife

Reaction score
i'm sorry if i offend anyone but i don't think i will change in my heart on how i view ppl that buy 2nd hand...because i attribute these ppl that caused the current DLC/season pass scourge that plagued the gaming industry now........you buy 2nd hand, you are not giving the developers/publisher money (but the 2nd hand shop/dealer) and the devs/publishers had to come up with sh!tty method to earn their profit. And then the ones that paid full price to the devs because they wanted to support them like me becomes a carrothead.

And then the same group of ppl that don't buy games full price/1st hand complained about DLC/free to play...when they are the ones that caused it. The worst are those that did the 'gamesharing' thing in the PS3 days....and that forced sony to restrict digital games to only playable on 2 systems at any time now. Thanks, guys for that!

That aside, in another news...Sony just announced that the PS4 has sold through 30.2 million units worldwide. #ps4masterrace

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/25/9797964/ps4-sales-worldwide-30-million

I give my POV. Ytd after Crescendo ended, they interviewed a producer and he said that in the market now, CDs are harder to sell, because many peeps pursue digital. But to them, the profit they obtained from CDs is still more than the profit them obtain through digital music. That context may or may not apply to ps4 games, as CDs doesn't really have a resale value (unless one keep them for ages:crazy:)

The opinion from both of u represent both sides of a coin, like literally:s13:. One feel the need to maximize their purchase, the other is willing to pay for convenience and tech. No right or wrong, both avenues present an option for gamers and ultimately its good for us all.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
probably because i REALLY do think that ppl who buy 2nd hand games are cheapskate and i do really mean it 1000%

(that and those ppl that kept on bargaining to get a freebie mousepad that they throw away and also to get that 1.2% discount/rebate like it's gonna save their life)

why buy new when there's 2nd hand?

:s8:

stridersd

Reaction score
Ps4 from Sony store worth to buy MA? Now got discount. Or q10 still gives a better price!

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I give my POV. Ytd after Crescendo ended, they interviewed a producer and he said that in the market now, CDs are harder to sell, because many peeps pursue digital. But to them, the profit they obtained from CDs is still more than the profit them obtain through digital music. That context may or may not apply to ps4 games, as CDs doesn't really have a resale value (unless one keep them for ages:crazy:)

The opinion from both of u represent both sides of a coin, like literally:s13:. One feel the need to maximize their purchase, the other is willing to pay for convenience and tech. No right or wrong, both avenues present an option for gamers and ultimately its good for us all.

Just my 2 cents.
it's different comparing games to music industry as the music industry is much more complicated with licensing and royalties to the cover artiste. The games industry don't have such thing. There are only so many 'super star' developers in the world, you know. When you buy a Beyonce album, you buy it because it's Beyonce the artiste, not the recording label company...thus a majority of the royalties and profit went to the artiste in the music industry. But in games, when you buy Call of Duty, you buy it because it is call of duty, not because it is developed by Mr John Doe the game director. The publishers owned the IP and got the majority of the cut and the developer will get a subsequent cut of the profit based on how well the game sell and metacritic score (Bungie missed out their 2014 bonus last year because Destiny did not met the metacritic requirements set by activision last year as a real life example). That is why it is mandatory to make sure you pay in full of a game created by a developer that you love. If not, the publisher will shutdown the developer or the franchise you love will be buried.

ckleow79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ps4 from Sony store worth to buy MA? Now got discount. Or q10 still gives a better price!

Store got those bundles might be better as many come with extra 1 year warranty (12mth +12mths+3mths = 27mths in total) and 1 year playstation plus subscription.
Have to do your homework.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

qoo10 still give the better price since the ps4 you are buying from qoo10 is the same as sony store unless you are into buying the bundles which i dun think qoo10 has it.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm??
I'm getting it off someone who bought the bundle, heard it come with some weapon upgrade

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00G using GAGT
maybe just some weapon armoury stuff that give you ACCESS to those green/blue common weapons ( that are trash btw)...........Destiny will NEVER EVER give you a weapon without you grinding.....you can believe me on that.

kianzzz

Reaction score
Anyway, let's not debate on the 1st hand 2nd hand thing aldy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's focus more on discussing about games & good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.