EDMW Knife Collectors

mamba2012

Reaction score
Because knifeknuts are a friendly bunch, we will help you out. Although the question has been asked often, I guess there's no sticky or anything.

1. What can I import, export or possess?

There are a few primary legislation governing this topic. There may be subsidiary legislation, regulations and guidelines but you'll need to do some legal research on your own and if you have time.

Arms and Explosives Act:

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...49-555fc9998837" Status:inforce Depth:0;rec=0

It deals with the import, possession, buying/selling of 'arms' which includes bayonets, swords, daggers, spears and spearheads.

An exception is made for the ownership of the above whereby it is not an offence to own for eg. a sword/dagger which is for ornamental or curio - this is why it is legal to buy swords as long as you import it legally and with a licence.

Corrosive and Explosive Substances and Offensive Weapons Act:

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...847-758d-40d9-8440-289b1fe30697;rec=0#pr7-he-

It deals with the carrying of 'offensive weapons' and 'scheduled weapon' in public.

“offensive weapon” includes any instrument which if used as a weapon of offence is likely to cause hurt;

“scheduled weapon” means any offensive weapon specified in the Second Schedule.

[Second Schedule]

Scheduled weapons

1. Any knife, sometimes known as a flick knife, which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife.

2. Any knife, sometimes known as a gravity knife, which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force and which, when released, is locked in place by means of a button, spring, lever or other device.

3. Any whip manufactured from bicycle or motor cycle chains or from any similar kind of chainwork.

4. All kinds of knuckledusters.

5. Any blade or other instrument attached to or forming part of a bicycle pump, metal-pipe or stick, and concealed therein, which is capable of being used for cutting or stabbing.

6. Any sword, machete or parang, axe, sickle, bearing scraper, spear, bayonet, iron rod, or nancha-ku (segments of wood or metal joined by a chain, leather strap or cord).

7. Any knife, sometimes known as a wasp knife, which is capable of injecting a ball of compressed gas that freezes both human and animal tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection.

2. The SPF website helps to put this together in an easy to understand communication for the layman, and clarifies a little on 'licensing' in relation to the importation. It goes further to clarify what items require licensing (because as you can see, the primary legislation is quite widely drafted).

http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/frameset_AE.html

But in a nutshell, this pictorial FAQ makes it easy for owner, users and collectors to know what they can buy (whether locally or imported) or otherwise:

http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/AE/FAQ- Items.pdf

The preface in that PDF doc summarises it well:

Permissible Items are not regulated and no licence or permit is required for their import, export or possession. However unlawful possession of such permissible items in any public place may constitute to an offence of Possession of Offensive Weapon or Scheduled Weapon under the Corrosive and Explosives Substances and Offensive Weapons Act.

3. So, in your case:

- if your zombie sword is deemed to be a sword (maybe, as the blade length is 17"), then the item will require an import licence. The item will be detained and you'll need to present yourself at Cantonment to clear the item. There is no guarantee that you will be granted the import licence (there's some fee involved) - I have heard of requests being turned down and vice versa. If you want to be 100% sure, just email SPF and give them details of the item - links, pictures etc and they can advise you further.

- you may not carry that sword around in public unless you have a lawful purpose. Unless you want to be charged and prosecuted. Note the penalties - they are harsh. Note that a sword is a 'scheduled weapon', so the authorities don't have to prove that:

- it is an offensive weapon; and
- it was being carried in public.

So mere possession of a sword allows authorities to charge you if you don't have a lawful purpose, say - display, ornamental, art/exercise/ceremonial etc etc.

Hope that helps. You can donate USD10 to my paypal account to pay for my coffee and cookies :D

I shall save this as a text document and help to post it when others ask. :) thanks for the contribution

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Great links Vespa. Didn't know throwing knives and slingshots are prohibited.
The ZT Scyllis being a single edge knife should be no problem to import. Won't need a license for it. Go for it and post some pics and review once you got it.

now that's succinct. made me look like a long-winded old fool :s13::s13::s13:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'd like to make one last special offer to local guys before I retire it to the safe or to another country =:p

1. Bundled Offer only (I won't separate at this price):

ZT0801 + Spyderco Domino with additional aftermarket 'original spaceman' deep carry titanium clip. NIB/LNIB. Box papers everything.All for only USD375 via paypal, all in.

For transparency:

ZT0801 - USD192 + shipping (usually around USD20+)
Spyderco Domino - USD210 + shipping (usually around USD20+). Aftermarket titanium clip is another USD20.
Total value (assuming you buy from same place and pay USD25 shipping): USD447.

2. Marfione Custom Anax plus whole suite of freebies is still available at USD783.75 via paypal, all in. NIB/LNIB. Box papers everything.

For transparency:
The CRKT Ikoma Fossil I'm including is USD50 + shipping (usually around USD20+). The other freebies are priceless (and definitely more than USD20+). Marfione Custom Anax is USD750 + shipping (usually USD20+ or more).

3. Hinderer Custom Spearpoint with custom silver lanyard bead is still available at USD1,280 via paypal, all in. The value of the silver bead plus extra Orange G10 Scale is more than USD100. Dead Mint.

Transparency: This is a very rare grind, I have not seen this long-deep swedged being sold in the aftermarket, don't confuse with the normal swedged spearpoint.

Payment must be via paypal in USD. Not cash, not SGD. Self collect or delivery in Bukit Panjang area.

Hope you can help with my quest to streamline and downsize - my loss is your gain.

Thanks!

up for some air. Still available. Someone has dibs on the hinderer but the Anax and Domino and 801 still waiting for new owner.

ps: all are ok to own and possess! :D

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone here use full serrated blades? I am not a fan of serrations until I tried the partial serrations on my Leatherman Wingman. Cuts extremely aggressively. With slightest slicing action will bite into the material that are hard to cut with the plain edge. It will also push cut paper. Now I wish it was full serrated. Curious about how well those on Spyderco, CRKT and Cold steel work.

The standard SAF Victorinox serrations actually slices pretty well. Other than that, I've heard that Veff serrations are really good. Only downside to serrations is that they're hard to maintain.

Btw, Massdrop's Black Friday drops are pretty good. They have the PM2 at USD99.99 and the Panchenko Coin Claw at USD229.99. Have to use a forwarding agent as they will not ship outside US.

black911

Reaction score
any recommendation for spade? need not be folder since i can mount it on my rig.
surprising, i rely heavily on my multitool during camping - shelter, hammock, cap lifter, open wrapper...etc

I'm using the SOG shovel with the carbon fiber handle.

black911

Reaction score
Anyone here use full serrated blades? I am not a fan of serrations until I tried the partial serrations on my Leatherman Wingman. Cuts extremely aggressively. With slightest slicing action will bite into the material that are hard to cut with the plain edge. It will also push cut paper. Now I wish it was full serrated. Curious about how well those on Spyderco, CRKT and Cold steel work.

Serrated edges are aggressive cutters but pain in the butt to sharpen.

black911

Reaction score
fiskars axe

Anyone here knws where to get fiskars hatchet
or the gerber 14" hatchet which is made by fiskars.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone here knws where to get fiskars hatchet
or the gerber 14" hatchet which is made by fiskars.

I know other forum members have used it - there may even be a video on it somewhere. I have also used it - I used it to split wood in Scandinavia. Give me a Granfors Bruks with a wooden haft anytime. The only thing good about the Fiskars is the price.

You can get it online.

TheBUSTED

Reaction score
Thanksgiving Sale

Hi all, I have a few knives for sale this Thanksgiving week. Please do DM me if interested or look me up on Carousell under TheBUSTED.

1) ZT0560BW - $280
2) Spyderco Techno S30V - $260
3) Shirogorov F95 Kevin John Clone -$220 (This thing flips like a dream with its ceramic MRBS)
4) Boker Plus Exskelibur 1 Decade Edition - $130
5) Cold Steel Code 4 Spear Point CTS-XHP - $110
6) CRKT GSD - $80
7) Enlan M021 -$20

All prices are negotiable. Will prefer to deal in the East but location can be discussed later. Please do DM me or check out my Carousell account for more info and pictures.

Thank you very much for looking and have a great week ahead :)

arcan3

Reaction score
I read from the forum that someone is able to use 65daigou to ship folding knife from US back to singapore. To confirm this, i have emailed 65daigou regarding this and they replied that they are unable to ship the folding knife back to singapore. Thus, can i ask which forwarder you all use to ship knife back to singapore? I am buying from BladeHQ.

Thanks for your help.

mamba2012

Reaction score
I read from the forum that someone is able to use 65daigou to ship folding knife from US back to singapore. To confirm this, i have emailed 65daigou regarding this and they replied that they are unable to ship the folding knife back to singapore. Thus, can i ask which forwarder you all use to ship knife back to singapore? I am buying from BladeHQ.

Thanks for your help.

Comgateway works fine. :)

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I was the one who said it. Unfortunately I just got this notice as well as I was trying to buy something. Looks like they changed their policy recently. Really disappointed but there's nothing we could do about it

Comgateway it is for me then!

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was the one who said it. Unfortunately I just got this notice as well as I was trying to buy something. Looks like they changed their policy recently. Really disappointed but there's nothing we could do about it

Comgateway it is for me then!

Damn. Comgateway Buy-For-Me says that it is a no. Do I have to ship it myself without Buy-For-Me and "bear the risk"?

mamba2012

Reaction score
Damn. Comgateway Buy-For-Me says that it is a no. Do I have to ship it myself without Buy-For-Me and "bear the risk"?

Yup. Just buy yourself and give the address supplied to u by cgw.

If that doesn't work out for u, u can also email them directly and ask for it to be shipped to sg. The shipping might cost u quite a bit more though.

Last edited:

Stevejobless

Reaction score
Hows the shipping cost for those who used Comgatway before? Is it cheaper to ship by Comgateway than by the original shop? knifecenter ships to sg but their shipping charge is hideously expensive.

Last edited:

mamba2012

Reaction score
Hows the shipping cost for those who used Comgatway before? Is it cheaper to ship by Comgateway than by the original shop? knifecenter ships to sg but their shipping charge is hideously expensive.

It's been awhile since I've used it, but its about 30 usd for fedex/dhl shipping (3-4 days) to SG

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
knifecenter shipping is reasonable and fast. I don't think it's hideously expensive if you compare with all other online dealers for international shipping. in fact, I think it's the cheapest - they use courier, not USPS so it gets to you within a week and is fully trackable. no sense in sending to CGW to reship.

CGW does not ship fixed blades

Whatcha getting? :D

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, CGW has followed up with me that BFM service can be used for folders as they're safe for air freight.

(But that's too late as I've enlisted the help of someone in the States to forward it to me via USPS. I'll also try to get a replacement for my broken DMT clamp in the meantime. I'm excited for this one as it should be a really cool folder!)

Last edited:

HIIT14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need all the experts advice.....
Is ZT 0562 a good knife to purchase as compared to Emerson Mini Commander? Buying as a gift.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.