[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC5300

guards80

Reaction score
i think is the Firmware buggy which cause the wifi signal issue where it cannot perform the best of it yet.. i also find that my asus ac3200 signal better then this router something weird that i found..

i think AC88U not bad right so far no compliant abt the signal

Seedbox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2015-11-27%2017.31.22_zpsmev7cv0c.jpg

Upgraded from AC87U. :o

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought the 8 legged monster to replace my 4 year old AC66U.

Placed at the same location, same settings etc.....but I am shocked that I cannot detect the first 5Ghz SSID in my room which I have full signal previously......

Stay in HDB 5 room flat and the distance is less than 5m with only 1 wall in between.

The other 5Ghz can be detected but upon connection the speed is much lower....

Is there something I need to set in the router?

the router might have selected a channel which might not be supported by your wireless device... is smart connect turned on?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did not turn on. Not sure how to configure 😁

go to wireless section, then choose the band which u cannot detect, try to bring it to the lowest channel, cos usually higher channels might not be supported in older devices..

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a guy selling challenger vouchers $400 for $350 in the gen. merchandise section. Can save 50 bucks if you are buying this router or AC88U from challenger.

armisg

Reaction score
Picked up one set from SITEX at ~6.30pm. Looked around and looks like there are 2 units left in the exhibition. Really like hot cakes!

kin830725

Reaction score
Just done all the set up and i have to say. the firmware isnt stable yet. I have disconnection issue twice and the speed isnt a lot faster. got to wait for Asuswrt-Merlin build

Firmware: 3.0.0.4.380_630-g1ed8484

armisg

Reaction score
QIS (Quick Internet Setup)

Setting up the ASUS RT-AC5300 a breeze, just enter the one's desire SSID and password, first time changing of admin's password etc and that's it.

I chose the M1 Fiber profile for my network, however it resulted in no internet connectivity with the internet indicator showing a red light. then everything worked normally once i changed to default (no ISP profile). Noob question - when it says VOIP LAN 3, does it mean I can plug a VOIP device to that port and skip the telephone port on the modem?

Smart connect works well with my devices. I'd wish I can tweak the channels though; all settings are Auto when in smart connect mode. as it is, there are a bunch of 2.4Ghz networks on the default Channel 6. This can only be changed if smart connect is off.

Just want to share this feedback, but certainly none are show-stoppers. Overall very pleased with the performance. Considerable upgrade over my DIR-850L. I had thought to use the old router as a media bridge, unfortunately it's not in DD-WRT's supported list.

Last edited:

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Just done all the set up and i have to say. the firmware isnt stable yet. I have disconnection issue twice and the speed isnt a lot faster. got to wait for Asuswrt-Merlin build

Firmware: 3.0.0.4.380_630-g1ed8484

Dear Kin,

Please use this firmware.
Download: 3.0.0.4_380_838

Best regard,
JK

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I chose the M1 Fiber profile for my network, however it resulted in no internet connectivity with the internet indicator showing a red light. then everything worked normally once i changed to default (no ISP profile). Noob question - when it says VOIP LAN 3, does it mean I can plug a VOIP device to that port and skip the telephone port on the modem?

Smart connect works well with my devices. I'd wish I can tweak the channels though; all settings are Auto when in smart connect mode. as it is, there are a bunch of 2.4Ghz networks on the default Channel 6. This can only be changed if smart connect is off.

Just want to share this feedback, but certainly none are show-stoppers. Overall very pleased with the performance. Considerable upgrade over my DIR-850L. I had thought to use the old router as a media bridge, unfortunately it's not in DD-WRT's supported list.

No need to apply profile for M1. Voip dont apply as the digital line is actually located at the ONT (modem)

guards80

Reaction score
Dear Kin,

Please use this firmware.
Download: 3.0.0.4_380_838

Best regard,
JK

hi asus@sg can fix whatsapp call? same as AC87U. 1 HP using 4g data call to another HP using ac5300 wifi either band cannot hear pple talking no sound. both connect on ac5300 wifi either band or Both using 4g data no problem. and also using singtel 7009 no problem at all... or need setting? pls advise thanks

SimonLam

Reaction score
Anyone using AC-5300 with AC-88U on wireless bridge?

PM me if you using. Need to check something.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.