Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

aurorhapsody

Reaction score
Hey guys, if I want to get the Wii U Splash Splat bundle that will be available on Walmart and used the Live Quote on CGW, are the prices quoted in USD or SGD? Shipping for 5.50kg is $42 for standard or express for $50 (unsure which currency it is in). also, it is advisable to ship such a heavy bundle?

tippytop123

Reaction score
65daigou USA

Looking to ship something from the US to Singapore.

Only 1 package, total weight is under 1kg (~800g), all items are liquids.

Can any experts advise the best option for this? I am considering 65Daigou since as they seem to be the most cost effective. But I can't seem to find many reviews on 65Daigou USA (other than the whole Black Friday mess).

Hoping to order soon so as to avoid this year's Black Friday peak season! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edit: I see CGW currently has this promo. http://www.comgateway.com/src/com/comgateway/red3/track/dbssg/

But not sure what it means by "shipments of USD100 or more". Does that mean the CGW shipping fees have to be USD100 to qualify for discount? Or is it that the items ordered from the US retailer have to be USD100?

Last edited:

zodiac21

Reaction score
I have started another thread but this is FYI for those reading about forward shipping reviews.

I recently tried gshipexpress following good reviews on HWZ.

They promote that they offer "FREE REPACKING" service but in reality, its bullsh*t.

I purchased 2 items, a kindle and a kindle cover and both were sent separately.

After "free repacking" The are charging me 1kg for kindle and 3kg for the cover - so total 4kg. The cost to send the cover is more than triple of the cost of the product.

Reaching customer service is impossible. I have emailed them numerous times and they completely ignore and do not send a reply. The email works as their response to other questions such as "where is my item?" is pretty much next day.

My past experience with comgateway has been great with live chats and I thought of trying out gshipexpress for their "free repacking service" but this turns out to be rubbish.

Avoid GSHIPEXPRESS if you need to receive multiple items or if there is ever a need to contact their customer service.

ps. I don't even know if the item will reach me as I am still awaiting their reply.

Hi penyekz,

I am not sure about your case. But just my neutral comment here.
Been a user for gshipexpress for quite some time now. Previously hop from CGW and vpost.

First, I do not see the need not refrain from using gshipexpress for multiple packages. So far, I have not face any issue with their repacking. Moreover they are providing it for FREE.

If you put it in another sense, if you have multiple packages for Vpost and CGW. I think you will need to pay for all the packages repacking (Vpost -$6/pkg and CGW - $3-6/pkg). So is a multiplication factor. You are paying for repacking. Surely, you know the maths best.

So with gshipexpress, I indeed save up this repacking amount. Comparing the charges for one time shipment fee plus the weight fee, they are lower cost than both vpost and CGW. So I do not see any issue with that.

I do agree that CGW has live chat. Provided you do not face resistance with their CS. I did countless email with them debating about repacking. And indeed some repacking are really Bull*hit. Worse of all, you need to pay for it. I believe some user also face issue with Vpost repacking as well.

But this is my 5cents worth of thoughts. Let me know if I state any fact wrongly.

zodiac21

Reaction score
hmm you're right. looks like GSHIP and 65daigou are cheepcheep.
meanwhile vpost is right down the middle in terms of price, and CGW/blinx are abit more ex due to strong USD.

i did a quick comparison below, but it excludes things like insurance. so far CGW (for me) is the most slack on claims, and fastest.. but vPost you can sneak things in past them. borderlinx is... depends on their mood. they called a $20 necklace "jewellery" once.. and banned me from shipping it.

oh well hope this helps!

IwrJgva.png

Just to add on the comments. A price review done by feist.
Hope this helps.

zodiac21

Reaction score
Looking to ship something from the US to Singapore.

Only 1 package, total weight is under 1kg (~800g), all items are liquids.

Can any experts advise the best option for this? I am considering 65Daigou since as they seem to be the most cost effective. But I can't seem to find many reviews on 65Daigou USA (other than the whole Black Friday mess).

Hoping to order soon so as to avoid this year's Black Friday peak season! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edit: I see CGW currently has this promo. http://www.comgateway.com/src/com/comgateway/red3/track/dbssg/

But not sure what it means by "shipments of USD100 or more". Does that mean the CGW shipping fees have to be USD100 to qualify for discount? Or is it that the items ordered from the US retailer have to be USD100?

For daigou, I never tried before. You may try and share with us the experience.

For CGW promo, you have to spend min of US$100 on SHIPPING. So you have to ship over ~15kg to enjoy this discount. But I do not know if that amount includes GST as well (if incurred).

Maybe CGW rep. can comment.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Please note on the 25% CGW promo

The 25% discount is only valid for new comGateway members, who have registered their accounts during the promotion period,
and is eligible for a one-time redemption per person.

Sadly, I can't use this promo even though recently been shipping almost weekly with each shipping costs more than USD$100.

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Been using CGW for all my stuff from US. All are good. But is freaking expensive. Now looking for alternative.

CyberMew

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hahaha thank you! maybe we need some sort of google sheets - but i don't wanna use my account because..it's.. private. lemme know if there's an anon worksheet somewhere where we can contribute! (i rmb someone shared before, but i cldnt find it)

and for card discounts, not in the excel sheet above, i didn't, cos they vary with time. if i use borderlinx, i use citi rewards (because of the awesome miles), if i use CGW, i use DBS Altitude for 10% off. quite negligible.

then i don't use vpost because they're horrible horrible people who seem to want to help the company, not help customers.

and then we are left with the 2 local newcomers, at least one of whom messed up last black friday - i'll be watching them...

Is there a public Google sheets available now?

Also which provided messed up last Black Friday? I was originally on comgateway without issues, but after reading the guy being cheated by them and the recent increase in price as well as the inflation I'm thinking of trying daigou or the gship. But gship I read they don't really repackage also, not a big deal but.. Anyway so which should I go for? Should I go back to vPost? They usually no problems for me except slow at times. Anyone knows can share?

slowbrogal

Reaction score
I just paid US$83 to HSG for a 4.5kg bag i got from USA..... *heart pain*

I don't understand why the tax they calculate is more than 7% of what I am suppose to pay though. But don't bother liao since it's already there. Oh! I got an express shipping upgrade.

PA3131T

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys if I miss out those posts...

Any forwarder to recommend shipping from Italy other than Vpost?

feist_

Reaction score
Is there a public Google sheets available now?

Also which provided messed up last Black Friday? I was originally on comgateway without issues, but after reading the guy being cheated by them and the recent increase in price as well as the inflation I'm thinking of trying daigou or the gship. But gship I read they don't really repackage also, not a big deal but.. Anyway so which should I go for? Should I go back to vPost? They usually no problems for me except slow at times. Anyone knows can share?

oops no. that was a screenshot from my own laptop. let me know if you start one.

the provider that messed up was 65daigou. but you know... it's this kind of thing that will make them wake up their idea and improve. i would lay off them this year: if they do well this year, next year will consider.

gship - feelz like got mole here, read carefully and you'll see why i say that.. i hate, hate, hate VPOST. only thing good about them is i moved house recently..to beside a popstation. so if i'm not home to collect my stuff, it's still convenient for me to pick up my things. but then the lack of insurance really irks me, and the really WOLS and inconsistent service. i only use them for ahem...banned items like nail polish, cos they don't check their shipments as diligently as borderlinx or comgateway. but then that's quite rare la huh, because singapore does have a cheap-ish supply of these things to begin with.

comgateway still seems okay.. i got the prime membership, so it's still pretty affordable to ship stuff. in fact, i just got my latest shipment -- i bought a bag from kate spade, and some tshirts, and then i also got a thick men's sweater from gap, and some supplements (in a bag). I requested repack, and when the box came, it was damn small, and the sweater was neatly folded. i was quite impressed. paid around usd40 in total, for usd160(sgd224) of stuff which would've cost about sgd540 in singapore... so im still okay.. haha

Last edited:

CyberMew

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Com gateway still expensive though, and with the guy items returned and money not credited back, I'm hesitant to use it again. I think I will give daigou a try and see how it goes. As long they don't lose my packages or charge me an exorbitant price I don't mind trying it.

As for the Google sheets if you can provide me with the file I can upload it up

amigoeva

Reaction score
anyone using myus.com? apparently they charge by real weight (not volumetric weight) and amex plat members can sign up for their premium account for free, and also get 50% off their discounted shipping fees until 31 jan 16

ran a few numbers with the 50% off:

1kg - Fedex Economy @ USD 24.92
2kg - DHL Express @ USD 31.95
3kg - DHL Express @ USD 35.97
4kg - DHL Express @ USD 40.45
5kg - FedEx Priority@ USD 42.42
6kg - Fedex Economy @ USD 47.45

N

Reaction score
May I know, is GShipExpress able to BuyForMe, if I submit the form say, Saturday? (i saw someone bought A & F so that must be non FF address)

for HSG/CGW, their chat and BuyForMe is everyday. i tested it many times over many sales already. but yeah, getting expensive, made worse by USD.

When I submitted 65Daigou for an important item, I didn't know they don't work on Sat and Sun, i missed the deal.to make matters worse they ask for another 10% commission for non FF address. become same price as CGW, speed of turtle.

thankyou

Last edited:

zodiac21

Reaction score
Yeah you should be able to buy from gshipexpress..
I made my Black Friday order for A&F and hollister on Friday night.
Already confirmed and got my tracking today.

Happy shopping.. Cheers...

flexicon

Reaction score
anyone using myus.com? apparently they charge by real weight (not volumetric weight) and amex plat members can sign up for their premium account for free, and also get 50% off their discounted shipping fees until 31 jan 16

ran a few numbers with the 50% off:

1kg - Fedex Economy @ USD 24.92
2kg - DHL Express @ USD 31.95
3kg - DHL Express @ USD 35.97
4kg - DHL Express @ USD 40.45
5kg - FedEx Priority@ USD 42.42
6kg - Fedex Economy @ USD 47.45

you know it's a con right.... businesses never ever intro schemes to earn less money from you....

bullfrog

Banned
Reaction score
Seems vpost having 20% discount now.

Discount code: BLACKFRIDAY20

Any discounts from the others?

Terms and Conditions:
- BLACKFRIDAY20 is valid for 20% off shipping fees, excluding any surcharges.
- For one-time customer use only, no minimum spend is required
- Promo code is valid from 27 November to 15 December 2015 and cannot be combined with other ongoing promotions or discounts.
- Valid for credit or debit card payments only.
- Applicable for vPost Singapore customers only.
- Not applicable for vShop4u or sea freight purchases.
- vPost and its participating partners, may at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice, vary, modify, delete or add to

N

Reaction score
just got this. CGW got $50 off with DBS? if real, then how lucky.. i just bought alot of stuff. lol. anw sharing

[/LIST]
great if you manage to get it/hit the min. even the CSO was apologetic for the lack of good promotion.

100 dollars is not difficult to hit if group buy or buy for whole family of say 4-6. me split the order between Gship, 65 and CGW this time, test water and reduce cost.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, we won't know for sure but we can gauge whether we would be charged GST by expecting the size of the package (and to a lesser extent the actual weight of the item and the exchange rate).

Cost of package (product value + US sales tax + US domestic shipping charge)
Insurance
Freight (shipping charge from US to SG)

GST is liable as long as the CIF as explained is more than SGD 400.

hi guys
sorry for digging this up

just wanna check, my shopping estimated is about USD 260, 3 packages
so far 2 packages would cost me 2.5kg of freight, i have 1 more OTW

there is no way i can split into 2 shipments to avoid GST right ?
and splitting into 2 shipments is more expensive then GST itself ?

i estimate for 3.5 kg....
base 13.40 + (0.91 x 35) = SGD 45.25

hence declared cost + shipping.......
(260 x 1.40) + 45.25 = SGD 409.25

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.