Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
newbie here, just started trading with poems which i open long time ago.

seem that SCB commission is way lower. Any pro and con between the 2?:s11:

dividend from shares bought from SCB work the same as poems? credit to bank a/c? but a SCB account? so need to open an account with them?:s22:

TIA

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
newbie here, just started trading with poems which i open long time ago.

seem that SCB commission is way lower. Any pro and con between the 2?:s11:

dividend from shares bought from SCB work the same as poems? credit to bank a/c? but a SCB account? so need to open an account with them?:s22:

TIA

Dividends will be in your scb settlement account and you will need to manually transfer to your SCB savings account before you can transfer the money out. Sign up for a dash account

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite disappointed with SCB.

I got my dash easy account via SingTel. After I got my atm card etc, I go down to their branch to apply for trading account with my dash easy. Told cannot, die die need esavers. Waste one trip.

I went home, applied for trading account thru online banking with dash easy account. Eh, can leh! Everything go thru Sui Sui, last week got a call for face to face verification for my SCB trading account. Ytd lunch time I go down to their branch. CSO say ok settle already, ask me go home wait. This is my second trip.

Then today rec call in the morning say, face to face verification is for my dash easy account ask me go down to PS to sign some form. I told them my dash easy account already activated, you ask me go down again for ****? Then I ask them how about my trading account, they ask me simi trading account, their computer got no record!

They ask me go down verify for trading account in the end become simi trading account. Tml is my third trip Liao, they really knn one... Set up one simple account can drag for one month plus wasted trips

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I got my dash easy account via SingTel. After I got my atm card etc, I go down to their branch to apply for trading account with my dash easy. Told cannot, die die need esavers. Waste one trip.

I went home, applied for trading account thru online banking with dash easy account. Eh, can leh! Everything go thru Sui Sui, last week got a call for face to face verification for my SCB trading account. Ytd lunch time I go down to their branch. CSO say ok settle already, ask me go home wait. This is my second trip.

Then today rec call in the morning say, face to face verification is for my dash easy account ask me go down to PS to sign some form. I told them my dash easy account already activated, you ask me go down again for ****? Then I ask them how about my trading account, they ask me simi trading account, their computer got no record!

They ask me go down verify for trading account in the end become simi trading account. Tml is my third trip Liao, they really knn one... Set up one simple account can drag for one month plus wasted trips

It's worth the effort

Imagine the amount of commission saved. Each time can save $24 per trade.

One week do 5 trades can save $100+ already. 1 month save $500, and 1 year save $10,000

Even if they scold me, I would still stick with them

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you should have just opened the eSaver account first together with the trading account, then link your dash account to the trading account and then close down the esaver account.

I opened esaver together with the trading account and had no problems at all, and everything settled in less than a week by them. though did not try linking with dash account yet as heard they don't get any points for opening dash account so a lot try to siam doing it. or maybe its just the branch you went to or the banker

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's worth the effort

One week do 5 trades can save $100+ already. 1 month save $500, and 1 year save $10,000

then other brokerages jiak simi ?!

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
then other brokerages jiak simi ?!

Jiak sai lor.. Nvm lah, too many brokerages in Singapore for such small population

Maybe in 5-10 years time, brokerages will be forced to merge to compete against scb le.. Maybe left with 3-4 brokerages + scb next time le probably

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jiak sai lor.. Nvm lah, too many brokerages in Singapore for such small population

Maybe in 5-10 years time, brokerages will be forced to merge to compete against scb le.. Maybe left with 3-4 brokerages + scb next time le probably

maybe.. but now at least I see still a lot of retailers still mostly using brokerages other than SCB... but they are mostly from the older generation and teletext generation.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I set up my account with scb not SingTel but I oso had a lot of problems... Cause first time I tried with dash easy, they said need dash savings so I went down to scb Vivo... They say only plaza sing can create... Then I went down to scb ps... Quite ok but need to go front counter talk to the SingTel dude on the other side...

After that the scb guy serving me smugly said need esavers to trade... But I just laughed and said ok. Then when I receive my atm card I went online to open trading account... Whole process took about 3 weeks to a month lol

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you should have just opened the eSaver account first together with the trading account, then link your dash account to the trading account and then close down the esaver account.

I opened esaver together with the trading account and had no problems at all, and everything settled in less than a week by them. though did not try linking with dash account yet as heard they don't get any points for opening dash account so a lot try to siam doing it. or maybe its just the branch you went to or the banker

If bobian will open one la... But I already got accounts with dbs, ocbc, cimb then now scb... Open so many for what? This is why I die die don't want esavers account. Hope tml they will settle the dash easy account thing

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Is worth it for no min com... I could had bit more of My old holdings in vickers if I had used scb

If bobian will open one la... But I already got accounts with dbs, ocbc, cimb then now scb... Open so many for what? This is why I die die don't want esavers account. Hope tml they will settle the dash easy account thing

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ya, that's why say just open and close it.. no penalty fee anyway within 6 months

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score

They are confirm lying if they say need esaver. The RM only said it's recommended to separate your savings from trading funds when I opened and I did it cos last time no fall below fee. I've been using the trading account without esaver and everything works fine. I don't see why they should waste our time opening and closing accounts.

01asdf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They are confirm lying if they say need esaver. The RM only said it's recommended to separate your savings from trading funds when I opened and I did it cos last time no fall below fee. I've been using the trading account without esaver and everything works fine. I don't see why they should waste our time opening and closing accounts.
They just need the paperwork to show they went through due diligence with the whole account opening and verification process.

I'd go for super salary instead of esavers though - no fall below fee so you just need to run a 1500 FAST trsf in/out within 3 months to keep the account active.

i.e. It needs AN account, any account, not necessarily esavers.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's worth the effort

I just traded 100 shares last Friday....comm charge little bit nia. Can use this method to buy in small amt over time.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.