Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

COL Juay

Reaction score
Anybody will like to sell me your free shield remote?

Looking to pair it with my nexus player.

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Anybody will like to sell me your free shield remote?

Looking to pair it with my nexus player.

Are you sure it will work? I tried pairing my Nexus player remote to the shield TV and it wun work. I have not tried pairing my Shield Remote to the Nexus player though.

MiNiCooper

Reaction score
I hop on the shield's wagon... after contemplating between getting a mac mini and this.

Hopefully wont have any buyer's remorse.

DailyRoutine

Reaction score
I hop on the shield's wagon... after contemplating between getting a mac mini and this.

Hopefully wont have any buyer's remorse.

actually i dont think these 2 are comparable. if you're thinking about media consumption devices, then its a toss up between the apple tv or Nvidia shield tv.

mac mini is more of a productivity device....it really boils down to what you want to do.

jazzper

Reaction score
Just received my SATV, anyone can advise which VPN/DNS works best for USA services? Currently have PIA VPN, but realise that it has no native android tv vpn app for SATV, no built in VPN on Android TV either :( Gonna try sideloading PIA apk later

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Just received my SATV, anyone can advise which VPN/DNS works best for USA services? Currently have PIA VPN, but realise that it has no native android tv vpn app for SATV, no built in VPN on Android TV either :( Gonna try sideloading PIA apk later

https://deals.androidauthority.com/sales/getflix-lifetime?rid=2325549

I use this, it has lifetime subscription and works great with Android TV (Both my nexus player and Shield TV).

Disclaimer: The link is a referral link not sure if that is allowed here.

jazzper

Reaction score

I use this, it has lifetime subscription and works great with Android TV (Both my nexus player and Shield TV).

Thanks I will give it a try later
Updates: Pain in the ass to get PIA vpn running on SATV, using (sideloaded) open vpn works though. Unable to run netflix, Nvidia Gamstreaming works(seriously looks good) but there is input lag and some drop frames probably due to high ping due to VPN.

Anyone know how to pin installed apps to the homescreen? Currently have to launch sideloaded apps from settings>app

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Thanks I will give it a try later
Updates: Pain in the ass to get PIA vpn running on SATV, using (sideloaded) open vpn works though. Unable to run netflix, Nvidia Gamstreaming works(seriously looks good) but there is input lag and some drop frames probably due to high ping due to VPN.

Anyone know how to pin installed apps to the homescreen? Currently have to launch sideloaded apps from settings>app

Using DNS is better for devices like Android TV. Dun use VPN when playing GeForce Now games, as it will use Japan Servers which has very good connections for Singapore.

And as for sideloaded apps, you can use this, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.tv.sideloadlauncher

But I stopped using it as most apps I use already is supported for Android TV.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Anyone who bought the Shield TV during the cyber monday deal with free remote, who plans to only use it as a video streaming device, please PM me if you want to sell the Game Controller. If your device is still not here I don't mind waiting as well.

Thanks.

jazzper

Reaction score

Switched to getflix DNS currently still laggy using USA East Servers(DNS). Netflix still geoblocked any solutions? Im on Starhub's 100mbps plan, did a speedtest w the washington node and scoring a measly 3mbps....

Will update on japan's server later, upgrading to m1's 200mbps this week

Last edited:

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Switched to getflix DNS currently still laggy using USA East Servers(DNS). Netflix still geoblocked any solutions? Im on Starhub's 100mbps plan, did a speedtest w the washington node and scoring a measly 3mbps....

Will update on japan's server later, upgrading to m1's 200mbps this week

Bro, you need to choose the server closest to you. I use the below as primary and secondary.

Singapore 54.251.190.247
Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) 103.241.150.100

Just set them in your router and dun need to set up anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.