[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC5300

guards80

Reaction score
Dear Asus@SG,

when will the new firmware to be release? ETA?

Best Regards,

kin830725

Reaction score
Curious how far are you away from the router?

Previously you compared to Dlink 865 you were connected to 5G as well I suppose?

Can try setting the control channel to 36 for Band 1 and 149 for Band 2 manually and see what it does there for you. Also can consider trying 20/40/80 mhz channel bandwidth.

For me I am getting 780-1.3gbps connection speed (of cuz the real life speed differs) using DWA-192, 2 rooms away.

I am 1 room away. Previous i can get 650mbps with DIR-865L. Now i am stuck at 173.

Dear kin830725,

Did you try installing the latest driver from Intel?

Best regard,
JK

Yes. Driver version 18.21.0.2

iceboi

Reaction score
Dear Guards,

Official ETA: next week.

Best regard,
JK

Hello Asus@SG,

i hope the next firmware will be better this current alot of bugs cannot be we buy Ac5300 signal worst then ac3200.. I hope the next firmware we will unlock this router potential i believe this machine works better and better signal then currently we all facing..

guards80

Reaction score
Hello Asus@SG,

i hope the next firmware will be better this current alot of bugs cannot be we buy Ac5300 signal worst then ac3200.. I hope the next firmware we will unlock this router potential i believe this machine works better and better signal then currently we all facing..

hi asus@sg for this issit firmware problem or manufacturing defects problem on weak 5g signal?

Dear Guards,

This is UI issue and this have been fixed in the next firmware.

Best regard,
JK

Asus@SG say will fixed in the next firmware. so u wait for next week new firmware release and see how

Last edited:

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Asus@SG,

Dear Iceboi,

Can take photo of your router? how you place it?

Best regard,
JK

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear Iceboi,

Can take photo of your router? how you place it?

Best regard,
JK

Tiagong you place it like this...

asus-ac5300-intro.jpg

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feat...etgear-nighthawk-x8/performance-conclusion-12

The signal stronger by 10x!

kin830725

Reaction score
Guys can anyone help me.

I wanted to by pass the company port blocking so i change my download manager access port to 8443. then now, i cant even access the download manager at all. tried to do reset and reformat the hard disk. doesnt help at all. how??

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Guys can anyone help me.

I wanted to by pass the company port blocking so i change my download manager access port to 8443. then now, i cant even access the download manager at all. tried to do reset and reformat the hard disk. doesnt help at all. how??

Dear kin,

Why don't use VPN back to your home network.?

Hope your company don't block VPN :)

Best regard,
JK

kin830725

Reaction score
Dear kin,

Why don't use VPN back to your home network.?

Hope your company don't block VPN :)

Best regard,
JK

VPN isnt working on my router (IDK why) and i already built a VPN using my Linux server. Anyway, the whole download server is down/disappear/not accessible. How do i get it back up again?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
VPN isnt working on my router (IDK why) and i already built a VPN using my Linux server. Anyway, the whole download server is down/disappear/not accessible. How do i get it back up again?

Dear Kin,

Can fill us with more details?

ISP:
What is download server?

Best regard,
JK

Khairul565

Reaction score
AC88U OR AC5300?

Hello! My household currently has ~12 devices connected to the router via WiFi. As such, what would be the recommended router for my type of household - the AC5300 OR AC88U? Would like a router that's a more futureproof solution as well. Thanks!

P.s - I also read the article on Hardwarezone whereby there's only 1 LED for all the LAN ports on the 5300. Would this pose a problem for trouble shooting if I only have 1 desktop that's connected via LAN?

SimonLam

Reaction score
Hello! My household currently has ~12 devices connected to the router via WiFi. As such, what would be the recommended router for my type of household - the AC5300 OR AC88U? Would like a router that's a more futureproof solution as well. Thanks!

P.s - I also read the article on Hardwarezone whereby there's only 1 LED for all the LAN ports on the 5300. Would this pose a problem for trouble shooting if I only have 1 desktop that's connected via LAN?

what 12 devices you using? are they 2.4Ghz only devices (aka older device); 5Ghz (but lower speed) and 5Ghz capable of high speed?

Going from my experience of using AC5300:
1. You can choose to turn off Smart Connect, and manually assign your devices to the 3 SSID bands: 2.4Ghz; 5Ghz-1 (lower frequency range); 5Ghz-2 (top speed).
2. You can also choose to turn on Smart Connect to let the AC5300 decide, but warning, the Smart Connect is still not that Smart. Also, you need to wait for next firmware release.
3. I don't see 1 LAN LED having a big issue. You can isolate the equipment 1 by 1 for troubleshooting (max 4). If you have only 1 desktop connected, then surely no issue. You can 'see' the connection details from the desktop OS.

AC88U is a dual band. So if you have a lot of 5Ghz devices, they share the same and only 5Ghz channel.

For me, i deploy AC5300 as main router (and AP), and AC88U as media bridge :)

Last edited:

leechoonhwee

Reaction score
AC5300 router + AC88U bridge on MR 1Gbps Gamer Plan:

Bridge Performance (current official firmware):
Linked Speed = 1300Mbps (seem max here)
wired PC to the bridge: 700+Mbps down; 480+Mbps up (max on my MR)

Waiting for next firmware for improvement.

Hi,

May I know why do you need the bridge for? The AC5300 cannot gives 700 up and 400 down on wired connection?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.