SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, may I ask, how can I extend my RT as I can't seem to complete my RT on time in view of work and studies commitment?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By now you should know that SAF is not a welfare organization which is the reason why a lot of us KPKB about NS because your commitments are never SAF problem.

There is no way to extend RT. You just have to give up your work and studies commitment or face charge with supporting documents especially you never know if you will face a nasty discipline officer who don't bother about sweet talk.

For example, you work 6 days (Mon - Sat) & study at night on Mon, Wed & Fri. You have to prepare to answer why you cannot go on Tue, Thu & Sat Night and Sunday whole day. Try to get company letter from your 'Team IC' if you unable to get your reporting officer to justify for working OT.

Hi, may I ask, how can I extend my RT as I can't seem to complete my RT on time in view of work and studies commitment?

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By now you should know that SAF is not a welfare organization which is the reason why a lot of us KPKB about NS because your commitments are never SAF problem.

There is no way to extend RT. You just have to give up your work and studies commitment or face charge with supporting documents especially you never know if you will face a nasty discipline officer who don't bother about sweet talk.

For example, you work 6 days (Mon - Sat) & study at night on Mon, Wed & Fri. You have to prepare to answer why you cannot go on Tue, Thu & Sat Night and Sunday whole day. Try to get company letter from your 'Team IC' if you unable to get your reporting officer to justify for working OT.

Even if extend one month also cannot?

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I seem to have problem booking my RT.

I miss today session, and thought to go for tomorrow's, but when I try to amend my RT session (which I booked for Mon), it said that I need to rest a day before my next RT.

It seem to have taken into account my RT for today, which I miss. In that case, how should i go about doing it?

Calander

Reaction score
I seem to have problem booking my RT.

I miss today session, and thought to go for tomorrow's, but when I try to amend my RT session (which I booked for Mon), it said that I need to rest a day before my next RT.

It seem to have taken into account my RT for today, which I miss. In that case, how should i go about doing it?

it takes about 2-3 working days for the system to be updated on your absence from RT. which is why u are not able to book for tomorrow. Nevertheless, your session on Monday is still registered

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it takes about 2-3 working days for the system to be updated on your absence from RT. which is why u are not able to book for tomorrow. Nevertheless, your session on Monday is still registered

So it means that I can't book for tomorrow session?

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
I asked this question some time ago and received conflicting answers; I have since tested it for myself and can now confirm.

Yr1: Attempted IPPT 7 times, all fail.
Yr2: Only need to do RT 13 times. No further IPPT needed after the 13 sessions.

Now I'm quite curious what happens if I attempt IPPT 20 times in 1 year.

Calander

Reaction score
I asked this question some time ago and received conflicting answers; I have since tested it for myself and can now confirm.

Yr1: Attempted IPPT 7 times, all fail.
Yr2: Only need to do RT 13 times. No further IPPT needed after the 13 sessions.

Now I'm quite curious what happens if I attempt IPPT 20 times in 1 year.

attended 20 IPT = cleared your window

for your next window, either to attend 20 IPT, or having your mentioned experience to repeat again

this info can be found online if u have checked for it

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
attended 20 IPT = cleared your window

for your next window, either to attend 20 IPT, or having your mentioned experience to repeat again

this info can be found online if u have checked for it

Lol you are the one who gave wrong info last time. :vijayadmin:

See your own post:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/92274401-post8.html

a. Yr 1 - 1 IPPT & Fail only (not under IPT or RT phase)
Yr 2 - 20 RTs

IPPT that is not under IPT also can get the discount. The correct answer is

Yr 2 - 19 RTs

Anyway attend 10 IPT can clear window already. If attend 19 IPPT, next window will be just 1 RT.

I asking if attend 20 IPPT, next window will be free 0 RT window, or they make you open new IPPT window. I will test this for myself next year.

Last edited:

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
Okay managed to find some of the people who gave me wrong info last time.

20 - D, where D is the number of IPT attempts

It's IPT attempts not IPPT!

Sent from something using GAGT

I can now personally confirm it's both IPT and IPPT attempts. The PTI gave me correct info.

besides, you can not do this for consecutive years.

eg.
year 1, 20 ippt
year 2, do nothing
year3, 20 session RT.

or if you bo liao enough.

year 1, 20 ippt,
year 2, 20 ippt,
year 3, 20 ippt.

I think long run not ideal.

Assuming you never ever pass IPPT, and you don't opt for the IPT program, it looks like this

Year 1 : IPPT Window (D = Number of IPPT attempts)
Year 2 : RT Window (Need to go for 20 - D RT Session, unless you pass at 8th/14th session)

If you attempt 7 IPPT in year 1 (IPPT Window), you will only need to do 20 - D = 13 RT in year 2 (RT Window). After finishing the 13 RT, there is no more IPPT for the year.

In year 3, you restart IPPT Window, NOT RT Window. Your previous window is finished even if you never pass till the end.

=====

Guys try not to give wrong info okay. Per trip to FCC takes 1hr plus. Give wrong info will sabo people one.

Sorry it took me like half a year to get back to you guys, but I manage to personally prove it already haha.

As to following possible scenario, I will test it this year and get back to you guys in Dec 2016.

Year 1 : 20 IPPT, all fail
Year 2 : 20 - D = 0 RT, or NEW IPPT Window?
To be tested and confirmed in Dec 2016.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

See your own post:

Yr 2 - 20 RTs

Yr 2 - 19 RTs

Anyway attend 10 IPT can clear window already. If attend 19 IPPT, next window will be just 1 RT.

I asking if attend 20 IPPT, next window will be free 0 RT window, or they make you open new IPPT window. I will test this for myself next year.

i suspect it is either full 20 RT window or new IPPT window.

cos if you clear 10 IPT, it means you clear your window but it does not mean next year is 0 RT, your next year will become a new window (ie. 10 IPT) again.

a few years back under the new system, i clear 10 IPT and then normal pass my IPPT, but next year become new window again.

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
i suspect it is either full 20 RT window or new IPPT window.

cos if you clear 10 IPT, it means you clear your window but it does not mean next year is 0 RT, your next year will become a new window (ie. 10 IPT) again.

a few years back under the new system, i clear 10 IPT and then normal pass my IPPT, but next year become new window again.

If you clear 10 IPT, you clear the current IPPT window. The next window is new IPPT window, not RT window. You are correct on this.

If you keep taking IPPT but never pass, the next window is RT window instead of new IPPT window.

As of now, I can confirm if you take 19 IPPT, the next window is a RT window with only 1 RT required.

So for the hypothetical scenario of taking 20 IPPT, it's quite unlikely need to do 20 RT since 20 - 20 = 0. But yes there is a chance it will become a new IPPT window since you have essentially no RT left.

If I do 19 IPPT, I will only need to do 1 RT next year. If I do 20 IPPT, your guess that it may become new IPPT window is possible and is sibei lugi.

So in conclusion, this is a high risk gamble, but I am willing to be the guinea pig and sacrifice myself. I will come back in Dec 2016 to share the outcome.

Calander

Reaction score

See your own post:

Yr 2 - 20 RTs

Yr 2 - 19 RTs

thanks for the information.
in that case, I can just keep taking IPPT 10 times and clear my window.

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can choose between:

Year 1: 10 IPPT
Year 2: 10 RT
Year 3: 10 IPPT
Year 4: 10 RT

Or also can
Year 1: 10 IPT (1st & Last session is IPPT anyway)
Year 2: 10 IPT
Year 3: 10 IPT
Year 4: 10 IPT

Personally I like Option A. IPPT is much faster (and less shiong) than IPT/RT.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.