Custom In-Ear Monitors information & discussion thread

ritvik123

Reaction score
Oh ok. Good news then. Cos I intend to lose weight or to build up muscle mass. If ear canal change shape it will be :eek:

I second the weight loss thing, 15 down and a bit more to go. Not much of a change. I did however need to get a refit done when I had my wisdom teeth removed.

philipsony

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's your budget?

same situation as him, actually i prefer westone sound sig, started with um2 but gotten trifi10 amazon promo and had it reshelled
my budget hopefully 600-800 range? westone custom super exp
possible to get quard driver?

Last edited:

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same situation as him, actually i prefer westone sound sig, started with um2 but gotten trifi10 amazon promo and had it reshelled
my budget hopefully 600-800 range? westone custom super exp
possible to get quard driver?

Possible. But don't think too much about driver count. Tuning and cohesion most important.

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
From my experience, ear canals do not change with weight. There was a period of time where I lose almost 10kg from 70kg to 60kg, my customs still fit the same.

Heng... ah
So far I reduced 6kg still ok , so far so good.
I'm gunning for total of 10kg though.

xuan87

Reaction score
Heng... ah
So far I reduced 6kg still ok , so far so good.
I'm gunning for total of 10kg though.

Don't aim for weight loss, aim for body fat loss. In most cases, most of the weight loss is actually muscle loss rather than body fat which is of course undesirable.

Best case is lose body fats but gain muscles. In this case, it won't be surprising if your body weight doesn't change much.

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't recommend E1. Extremely poor customer service. If want try go Music Sanctuary, although quite small they have way better service. Avoid E1 if possible. Music sanctuary just further down.

Sent from Sony C6833 using GAGT

I'm not affiliated to E1 and I dunno wat issues u have with them, but I've been up there often enough and they have always been nice to me.
Additionally, I'd like to add that E1 has the most comfortable environment for demoing stuff, while most other places are either too noisy or packed.

Gaghiel

Reaction score
Wouldn't recommend E1. Extremely poor customer service. If want try go Music Sanctuary, although quite small they have way better service. Avoid E1 if possible. Music sanctuary just further down.

E1 poor customer service :s11::s11: Did you go to the wrong shop? Not sure what else you are expecting if they are offering 'bad' service.

Reaction score
E1 has one of the better CS out there... off course if it is full don't expect them to wait on your every need cos they only got 2 ppl iirc ( if that's what happened to you )

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If E1 got bad customer service, I really wonder which audio shop have good customer service.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If E1 got bad customer service, it makes me wonder how does one define 'bad customer service'. As usual there are always some people on da internetz out there really is 吃饱没事做 like to spout such slanderous and ludicrous remarks on shops for whatever agenda that is unknown to the rest of us.

Oh guys....just recalled it is just the school holidays now. Another one of the trolls I guess.
:s13::s13:

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went down to e1 yesterday. The shop wasn't full. I was the only one there. I tried a few ciems for about 30-40 mins, then after trying he said to me "you try so long and not buying? Haizz".

Not only that, when I wanted to try other ciems, he acted like I was disturbing him and wasn't so friendly.

I don't know how u guys define 'good customer service' but I'm never going back. I believe even jaben or AVone has better customer service.

Last edited:

xuan87

Reaction score
I went down to e1 yesterday. The shop wasn't full. I was the only one there. I tried a few ciems for about 30-40 mins, then after trying he said to me "you try so long and not buying? Haizz".

Not only that, when I wanted to try other ciems, he acted like I was disturbing him and wasn't so friendly.

I don't know how u guys define 'good customer service' but I'm never going back. I believe even jaben or AVone has better customer service.

I find that abit hard to believe. I tried stuff without buying for way longer than that on multiple occasions and was never pressured into sales (except for the time when the Nighthawk just arrived and Albert tried to poison everyone by putting a brand new box in front of you when you try it but that's in good fun).

What I like is Albert will just put down the item in front of you, then go back to his Mac and do his stuff without disturbing you instead of hovering around in front of you.

The most recent time I was there, I tried out the Beyer T1 V2 and after testing it, I put the headphone back and was coiling back the cable when he came and said "No need to to do that, that's what I'm here for" ;)

In general, most audio shops have good customer service, but the atmosphere at E1 is one of the most chill or relaxed environment for listening to new gears.

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
I think online readers these days are wary of "paid detractors" and people who are hired to bad-mouth competition, just to divert customers to their stores. Such tactics and behaviour, in the end, will never help in sales or bring good customer feedback.
If your business practice is rotten at the core, nothing will save it.

E1 is not a new audio retailer, and looking at the comments fired back against what is a fabrication of the truth, only proves the good service E1 has given.

I hope this ill practice will stop, and should the guilty party be exposed, that shop will NEVER gain my trust nor get my business.

fumoffuXx

Reaction score

Kids ear canal not develope shouldnt make customs lulz

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
I think we deviated enough, let's not give him credit and go back to discussing CIEMs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.