MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

My5tICal

Master Member
Reaction score
no idea on battery life yet, cos running on ac to do update. battery report looks ok, don't have one bro's 27kwh issue.

no dead pixel that I cld find. phew.

backlight bleeding thou those areas quite obv on black bkgrd, didn't notice them during normal usage like web surfing. think I cant be bothered w the hassle for now. shall see if it worsen.

need get the complete warranty later tonight.

Same. Did some research, backlight bleeding is normal to some extend for our type of screen.

To be honest, I can't tell anything when the screen is on. only when it's pitch black and the screen is black, then you can spot the backlight bleeding if you look closely.

Not a huge issue, but its kind of disappointing because sp4 is meant to be a premium product for MS

Other than that, so far so good.

samsrinivas

Reaction score
my understanding so far is that , i7/512 will come in only 16th dec, and i7 /252 is coming in stages to retailers.

sherwinosama

Reaction score
Really? I also haven't receive any information after writing to them yesterday. Maybe got to wait again. I ordered the i7/16GB/512GB in 15th Oct. :D

Anyway, they called me back say my i7 model is ready for collection. Perhaps you should call their customer service too

lololoony

Reaction score
Hi guys. Thinking of getting a SP4 for school, currently using an iPad mini 2.

Basically I need it for two purposes, I love the functions a SP4 will provide, writing etc. however, I also need it to be able to play Dota 2 hahahL as when I go my gf house I have nth to do.

I'm stuck between i54gb and i5 8gb. The price difference of $400 is quite substantial as the 8gb costs 2k with discount and touchpad, which makes me wonder will a MacBook Pro be better at 1.8k..

If the i5 4gb can play DOTA efficiently, it will be good enough for me, so I guess that's my question.

Please advice! Thank you for your time :)

dexterchua88

Reaction score
Anyway, they called me back say my i7 model is ready for collection. Perhaps you should call their customer service too

Called Challenger, CSO said i7 models will be delayed until 15th Dec. After pressing further, she said she needs to ask the person in charge to call me back hahahaahaaa :D

sherwinosama

Reaction score
Called Challenger, CSO said i7 models will be delayed until 15th Dec. After pressing further, she said she needs to ask the person in charge to call me back hahahaahaaa :D

Did she ask for your contact number and invoice details? If yes, think they will call you very shortly

dexterchua88

Reaction score
Did she ask for your contact number and invoice details? If yes, think they will call you very shortly

I rebuked her for not asking the order numbers and only kept telling me it's delayed. After giving the order numbers, I told her to go check and ask the person in charge to contact me. :D

gunners007

Reaction score
I rebuked her for not asking the order numbers and only kept telling me it's delayed. After giving the order numbers, I told her to go check and ask the person in charge to contact me. :D

If you want a faster response from Challenger, go and post on their Facebook, response will be fast.

dexterchua88

Reaction score
Yeah hor, thanks for reminding me hahahaaa :D:D

Got replied hahaaha...funny thing is, I have to wait hahahaa :D

We regret to inform you that Microsoft has not made any announcement regarding the Surface Pro 4 512GB/ i7 model arrival.

Once the stock has arrived, we'll keep you updated and prepare your Surface Pro 4 512GB/ i7, Pro 4 Type Cover along with the sleeve and micro SD cards.

We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and work together with Microsoft to resolve this issue.

Yours sincerely,
Challenger Online Team

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
mine is 512/16gb i7... so the screen qc is really huge disappointment given the premium price :(

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Thinking of getting a SP4 for school, currently using an iPad mini 2.

Basically I need it for two purposes, I love the functions a SP4 will provide, writing etc. however, I also need it to be able to play Dota 2 hahahL as when I go my gf house I have nth to do.

I'm stuck between i54gb and i5 8gb. The price difference of $400 is quite substantial as the 8gb costs 2k with discount and touchpad, which makes me wonder will a MacBook Pro be better at 1.8k..

If the i5 4gb can play DOTA efficiently, it will be good enough for me, so I guess that's my question.

Please advice! Thank you for your time :)

u need apple w apple comparison. mbp n sp4 diff pdt. one is laptop, one is tablet transformable to laptop like. imho, mbp not portable engh for me like sp4. loving my sp4 albeit the screen issues...

if u decided for sp4, n if ur budget allow that stretch, i5 8gb is a better choice. i5 w 4gb is waste of i5 core, a techie once told me tt.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.