Question about Malacca

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
just book 2 nights hatten hotel hatten suite. cant wait to go! :D

Hatten hotel is good and convenient. got direct bus to singapore. The only bad thing is that it gets very crowded during morning buffet breakfast.

When will you will be travelling? that time i book last min so not that cheap.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hatten hotel is good and convenient. got direct bus to singapore. The only bad thing is that it gets very crowded during morning buffet breakfast.

When will you will be travelling? that time i book last min so not that cheap.

i going xmas period. abt 2 wks later.. actually all rooms soldout for the period i going.. i emailed in to enquire abt corporate rate, just nice my company had.. so they offered me the only suite left...all other rooms all soldout....

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i going xmas period. abt 2 wks later.. actually all rooms soldout for the period i going.. i emailed in to enquire abt corporate rate, just nice my company had.. so they offered me the only suite left...all other rooms all soldout....
just came back last night. whole malacca jam. wasted my youth on the roads due to jam and traffic lights :(

buswhiz

Reaction score
expected to be heavy traffic.. heard the jam on the road, one the custom was horrible.. better dont travel during school holidays

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gaolat.

but malacca itself jam just walk lor if possible.

just worried going to and fro jam like a dog.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys know there are actually 2 highway exits leading to Melaka town? Might want to try the longer one (I THINK second exit?), which though longer, has lesser vehicles/jam?

Don't ask me the names, coz I just sit in the coach and let it take me there. =:p

But coming back, there's only our SG CIQs that are getting more stringent these days, thus the longer wait.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
You guys know there are actually 2 highway exits leading to Melaka town? Might want to try the longer one (I THINK second exit?), which though longer, has lesser vehicles/jam?

Are you talking about Jasin exit 227 or Alor Gajah exit 233? Not sure to agree with you. It is not just Singaporeans heading into Malacca town. Malaysians from all over too. Coming by way of Alor Gajah, the old AMJ road has many traffic light junctions with the irritating countdown timer, with more of them added as we speak. Jasin should be better, though one has to be skilful on the single-lane carriageway and avoid the traffic coming from Muar on AMJ as far as possible.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe it could be Jasin.

Just made the remark to share that there's an alternative route, won't know the detailed situation as I personally avoid going or coming back during weekends, let alone this crazy period. :s13:

AngeLx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tong sheng restoran is worth it. remember to try the big prawn bee hoon.

Tong Sheng very nice!!! 
Love the cheese Prawn beehoon, superb!

I usually go Bei Zhan also, not sure the standard got drop or not.

I read there is a Teochew restaurant but limited tables so must make very advance in booking. Teo Soon Loong Seafood Restaurant

The rest are the usual Nyonya food, Haianese chicken rice near Jonker walk (no signboard one) not sure still operate ornot, etc

and my favorite Putu Piring as big as palm and with gula melaka inside..:s12:

And also Dim Sum!!

Makota eat crepe, etc

Malacca basically is to rest and relax.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tong Sheng very nice!!! 
Love the cheese Prawn beehoon, superb!

I usually go Bei Zhan also, not sure the standard got drop or not.

I read there is a Teochew restaurant but limited tables so must make very advance in booking. Teo Soon Loong Seafood Restaurant

The rest are the usual Nyonya food, Haianese chicken rice near Jonker walk (no signboard one) not sure still operate ornot, etc

and my favorite Putu Piring as big as palm and with gula melaka inside..:s12:

And also Dim Sum!!

Makota eat crepe, etc

Malacca basically is to rest and relax.

saw the tripadvisor reviews on teo soon loong like not so good leh.. decided on visiting bei zhan restaurant on my first night den 2nd night will go tong sheng restaurant.

think will drive bah, LOL... wish me good luck. my last trip to melaka returning on a sunday via 2nd link was nightmare thats why now abit phobia. the jam started after u top up petrol and cross the toll... den i ended up bua-ing side by side with a fellow sporean... i guess both understands the fustration thats why we just let go only... all wanna go back home fast.

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we just walk in to Bei Zhan, or do we have to make advance booking?

What is a good time to go eat at Bei Zhan? Lunch or dinner?

Been to Melaka numerous times but never got to go Bei Zhan.

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Better to call ahead. They are a popular venue for wedding dinners.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i called in beizhan and they advised us to just get a booking just in case.

once u get a booking, a parking slot will be reserved for u as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.