Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys
sorry for digging this up

just wanna check, my shopping estimated is about USD 260, 3 packages
so far 2 packages would cost me 2.5kg of freight, i have 1 more OTW

there is no way i can split into 2 shipments to avoid GST right ?
and splitting into 2 shipments is more expensive then GST itself ?

You can split different packages to be shipped at different times, i.e., different shipments. You arrange shipping yourself, so you decide which packages you want to ship out. And one more thing to note, GST is not just 7% NETT, there is CGW admin fee of 5% based on the GST amount.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can split different packages to be shipped at different times, i.e., different shipments. You arrange shipping yourself, so you decide which packages you want to ship out. And one more thing to note, GST is not just 7% NETT, there is CGW admin fee of 5% based on the GST amount.

hi there
thanks for the advice.

I am using Vpost this time round.. but okay i got your point

Cloudi

Reaction score
My VPOST status now is "Delivery could not be completed as new address could not be located". Try to contact them but waited on the line for 30 min but no one pick up

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Err so can someone summarize what/who does which online sites best? For example breakdown by USA/China/etc? What about buying from Japan or UK/Europe by the way?

Destroybot

Reaction score
I would advise not to use VPOST for oversea shipping. Bought 4 pairs of shoes (3 is the same type) in the USA delivered on 4th of December by Amazon; till date until now item is still on hold without any valid reason.

Currently only 1 pair is allowed to ship over, Shipping cost is ALOT higher than projected, 1 pair charge as 2.4kg @ $35.24.

But the real issue is your package will be on hold for no reasons, till date i cant do anything. Called VPOST, their outsource oversea call center cant do anything about it.

Use any other forwarder for ease of problems!

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any forwarder that can ship lithium camera batteries from the usa to singapore?

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
is there any forwarder that can ship lithium camera batteries from the usa to singapore?

It's a small battery, no issue, any forwarder should be able to ship them without issues. Otherwise, noone would be able to ship in phones/tablets/gadgets/power banks/etc.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
because borderlinx says it's not allowed. so comgateway etc can?

No issue with CGW. Never use borderlinx. Says on their website? Cos it's also stated the same on CGW, but no issue. That restriction applies to bigger battery sizes. However, you can contact borderlinx CS directly to clarify.

Lithium ion batteries (a.k.a.: rechargeable lithium, lithium polymer, LIPO, secondary lithium). Passengers may carry all consumer-sized lithium ion batteries (up to 100 watt hours per battery). This size covers AA, AAA, cell phone, PDA, camera, camcorder, handheld game, tablet, portable drill, and standard laptop computer batteries. The watt hours (Wh) rating is marked on newer lithium ion batteries and is explained in #3 below. External chargers are also considered to be a battery.

s0tong

Master Member
Reaction score
DONT EVER USE BORDERLINX.

IM SO ANGRY....

I got quoted to ship 3 apparels from Germany to Singapore for a hefty sum of SGD79. Despite talking to the agent online TWICE, they never seem to understand what I am saying. They simply reply me saying shipping fee is based on voluminous weight and Im like dude.. YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION..

It was SGD20 above the quote based on their online calculator even with the exact measurements given by them online and the weight.

I NEVER faced this problem before despite shopping 10+ times over with Comgateway.. Anytime I got a problem, their agent gets me right the first time and actually resolves it.

NOT BORDERLINX. exorbitant shipping fees, lousy agents who cant understand english well.. I cant get over paying up the SGD79 for such crap service.

I am more than happy to speak to a representative on here, if any. Facebook has been slow in replies, Emails ignored, agent dont seem to understand what Im saying. Oh, and they take 10minutes to reply EACH question I ask. Crap, crap, crap.

TLDR; STAY AWAY FROM BORDERLINX

onefruitsalad

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Got a question for those who have shipped via Gshipexpress. I usually use CGW where i am a prime member and decided to try out Gshipexpress. From what i can see on their website they use DHL to deliver however when my parcels are being sent to SG, they do not provide the DHL tracking number. Is this a normal practice for them? Also does it always take so long for the parcels to b delivered once the status is updated to be in SG already?

So far my experience with them is ok but its not on par with CGW. Find that it takes them a long time to match my parcels to my account when they are delivered to their US address and delivery from US to SG is taking too long as compared to CGW. Only thing that saves them is the free repack.

Shalomp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called VPOST, their outsource oversea call center cant do anything about it.

second this

outsourced to abu neh neh *********

the people there like reciting off some script

can only answer standard cookie cutter questions which can be easily found if u google the FAQ

and if u ask them something different, they just say no no no cannot without giving a reason

where do they get these retarded half wits from?!

NEVER NEVER EVER USE VPOST! :mad:

Last edited:

Shalomp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Got a question for those who have shipped via Gshipexpress. I usually use CGW where i am a prime member and decided to try out Gshipexpress. From what i can see on their website they use DHL to deliver however when my parcels are being sent to SG, they do not provide the DHL tracking number. Is this a normal practice for them? Also does it always take so long for the parcels to b delivered once the status is updated to be in SG already?

So far my experience with them is ok but its not on par with CGW. Find that it takes them a long time to match my parcels to my account when they are delivered to their US address and delivery from US to SG is taking too long as compared to CGW. Only thing that saves them is the free repack.

i have always been a cgw user but would like to give gship a go

hmmm are u saying there is a time lag in gship's tracking? sorry its pretty late so might eyes may not be working :eek:

tohdj

Reaction score
i wish to buy this eczema cream from amazon. does amazon or borderlinx do shipping for this?

N

Reaction score
i have always been a cgw user but would like to give gship a go

hmmm are u saying there is a time lag in gship's tracking? sorry its pretty late so might eyes may not be working :eek:

so far, i don't like Gship. price is just slightly lower than CGW, but their system is so bad, getting them to repack is so difficult, and after repack, they don't update on the interface! Don't take it for granted that their system is accurate. It isn't. Its just a really badly created pretty interface. I suspect their measurement is inaccurate to earn from Vol, i am waiting to receive the packages and compare with CGW and Daigou.

update: Daigou measurement is very accurate, their repack is very tightly sealed package, i like it.

Gship, overcharged me for most of the item, i officially complaining two items that is very overcharged, not expecting much from them though. and they don't use DHL UPS FEDEX, all that is just gimmicky website. They send with their own untrackable courier.

in future CGW and daigou will be my choice.

Last edited:

doomgaze86

Reaction score
Frankly I haven't really had issues with Vpost's package forwarding service. It's the helpdesk that really drives me nuts sometimes.

I was issued a coupon code that expired on 31st December 2015. My item was processed at 442pm on 31/12/15 but I got an error saying the coupon code was invalid when I tried to check out.

According to the helpdesk, the coupon code expired at 421pm (what kind of coupon code expires at 421pm and why wasn't it made clear in the email to me?). I've spoken to 2 different CSRs since yesterday and neither one has gotten back to me, even though 1 said she'll call me back at 8pm last night and the other said I'll receive a replacement code on 1st Jan 2015.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
in future CGW and daigou will be my choice.

Is daigou also using DHL or other couriers? And how fast 65daigou usually process the packages and shipment orders?

Last edited:

djork84

Reaction score
I have shipped regularly with CGW/HSG and have both accounts on Prime. But due to many minor issues with packing and costs, decided to try Borderlinx and 65daigou.

Borderlinx response and customer service is bad. Repacking is badly done. They managed to make the cost of shipping more expensive and prone to dmg as they made my package ultra long. I had two boxes of 12x12x6 boxes, and they ended up putting them side by side to become a 25x14x9 parcel. Most shipping companies would normally put them on top of each other. Response was slow and I gave up trying to communicate with them.

65Daigou lost my expensive items and it is very troublesome to get compensation. Insurance is a must but it's a lose-lose situation if they lose your items. Basically you are still paying them 3 percent for every shipment. If you don't pay insurance, they will lose your items and you lose your items value. If you pay insurance, they will lose your items and you lose your 3% of your items value. Rates are cheap and good if you are lucky not to have your items lost.

Just my experience for sharing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.