Wireless IP Camera thread

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at $219 free 32gb microsd

wide angle, IR, good audio, up to 64gb microsd slot, ease of set up, supported by Synology now, relatively ok app except for the new firmware disabling local access for it. i find its ok...aesthetically nicer than all the other brands i find.

but that's just me and some others.

we just don't like the look of others.

before this i was primarily using Panasonic entry level, now upgrade abit for Facial Recognition.

found another camera while googling for more IP cam.

http://foscam.sg/store/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=c2&product_id=88

looks like Samsung.

c2-1-228x228.png

cheaper by $60-70

also have wide angle, IR, two-way audio, support 32gb only.

any insight for this model?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
the way you reply is offensive don't you think?

I am a consumer and would like to know more on how much you could offer with that price tag. Does that warrant a threat?

If i buy a camera at $30-50 based on geckoSG recommendation and include your $139-$199 price tag it will only sense for me to get SINEOJI no?

batniss, they have camera plus delivery pricing, and camera with installation pricing, go check out their website first and maybe you will understand what they mean.

Anyway, if you buy those cameras that I shared the lobangs here, they or their group of SI/Installers can do the installation for you. But I am seriously keen on what sort of pricing you will be willing to fork out for installation services even before these guys quote. I am expecting pricing around $80~$120 minimum, what's your price that you are willing to pay?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
batniss, they have camera plus delivery pricing, and camera with installation pricing, go check out their website first and maybe you will understand what they mean.

Anyway, if you buy those cameras that I shared the lobangs here, they or their group of SI/Installers can do the installation for you. But I am seriously keen on what sort of pricing you will be willing to fork out for installation services even before these guys quote. I am expecting pricing around $80~$120 minimum, what's your price that you are willing to pay?

Not something I could say. Probably nothing as i could fix it by myself because iirc one of your posts you said is easy to install by ourselves.

besides, he did not make himself clear. When i asked for more details he went all aggressive... not something that i wish for.

Appreciate that you've taken the time to explain on their behalf.

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
precisely, then its kinda funny that you commented as steep right? Tats why they snap back at ya. Lolz. Cos before you go read their product, u commented expensive.

Anyway, if you do not wish to spend much. Go for those models i recommend. Easy setup n use N no fuss. If spoil, throw n get new ones

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Panasonic, samsung r good, but expensive, cos u pay for branding n support. Yes, i hog here to share lobangs. Not happy, too bad. Cant please everyone.

IT market is bad, long working hours n cant make much money n gotta bear with demanding pple here. I can only say good luck to those IT hardware n service providers here. For me, i m out of IT long long ago n enjoying my life.

But a piece of advise to these distributors. As long as one of U spoil market, its a none reversible effect to the SG market. Good luck.

Working after office hours doesnt mean u r good, it means you are too desperate for sales that you need to work 24x7 to earn the same amount of what the major distributor earns within their short 8 hours

Ok, back to party!

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
precisely, then its kinda funny that you commented as steep right? Tats why they snap back at ya. Lolz. Cos before you go read their product, u commented expensive.

Anyway, if you do not wish to spend much. Go for those models i recommend. Easy setup n use N no fuss. If spoil, throw n get new ones

And that is the reason why i asked for clarifications. He could man up and clear his explanations but instead, he went all aggressive which is really uncalled for.

I am a consumer, like most customers i rather asked and be fed with questions. He did not even provide links directly at that post and cite further services will be rendered at the same cost, did he?

There is nothing to lol. Still, as a customer and as a service provider wanting more sales, the least they could do is be professional and not snap over at the slightest questions which i see no faults.

my 2 cents.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I am a consumer

Honestly, since i m no longer needing to carry anyones balls as i earn everything n goes into my own pocket without needing anyone. What i m going to say is not directing immediate at anyone personally. Its general.

Problem here we have is consumers. They think they r always the kings. Before reading and finding info, they jump the gun with the word "steep", "expensive".

In overseas, the ang mo does not do that, they ask, and understand before verdicts r made. Maybe not all the ang mos.

I can tell you straight here is consumers here will say. Ur installation charges cannot be more than 10~20% of your product fee. Face it, if I ask you to do it, you will give me all sort of cocks n bulls to decline. Ask you do installation at $30 for 1 cam. U will decline for sure. Needing to bring all gears, cab fares, traveling time, execution time, interaction time. All these r money. You can do the mathes your self n know.

But this is Singapore. We just have to face it. Hahaha.

Maybe I spoke up for all the poor IT companies that are trying to earn a living, but thats how Singapore market is. We r a group of very bad consumers.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly, since i m no longer needing to carry anyones balls as i earn everything n goes into my own pocket without needing anyone. What i m going to say is not directing immediate at anyone personally. Its general.

Problem here we have is consumers. They think they r always the kings. Before reading and finding info, they jump the gun with the word "steep", "expensive".

In overseas, the ang mo does not do that, they ask, and understand before verdicts r made. Maybe not all the ang mos.

I can tell you straight here is consumers here will say. Ur installation charges cannot be more than 10~20% of your product fee. Face it, if I ask you to do it, you will give me all sort of cocks n bulls to decline. Ask you do installation at $30 for 1 cam. U will decline for sure. Needing to bring all gears, cab fares, traveling time, execution time, interaction time. All these r money. You can do the mathes your self n know.

Maybe I spoke up for all the poor IT companies that are trying to earn a living, but thats how Singapore market is. We r a group of very bad consumers.

i think you failed to understand the basis.

"he failed to provide any links citing for more info where we can go read it and etc" You can't blame me for jumping the gun for their mistakes. I did, however ask for more details to be provided so that i could make my judgement accurately and hence i used "alittle steep" and not damn steep and expensive. Note on the words used please.

FYI, i have worked with many Caucasians and no, they are definitely not what you have described.

With that attitude, I don't think I am willing to partake in any of their products and will flag to more people about it and see-ing how you stood to their defenses...

No reason for you to convince me otherwise.

TQ.

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score

you are right, Singaporeans are very bad consumers. I can understand what one of the installer faced as I have encountered bad feedback from SI/Installers whom I recommended to friends/family, if not for our better treatment of them before they wouldn't bother. as such now I am now more selective in making the connections.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
With that attitude, I don't think I am willing to partake in any of their products and will flag to more people about it and see-ing how you stood to their defenses...

No reason for you to convince me otherwise.

TQ.

No worries, btw, if u can, samsung is premium but good. Otherwise, those cheap china made which i shared the links r good enuff. $30 at most.

So, end up, everyone can choose their own preferences of products. N fyi, the links i shared has no relation to any SG companies. Just products, i bought n used. Ultimately what to buy is up to everyone. period. More links coming up, which my others colleagues bought n feedback to be good.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
This thread was created in Oct 2010 by me. At that point of time, wireless IP cameras were still in its infancy, and there were not many posts (locally or otherwise) that may be helpful to potential buyers and users. My foray into wireless IP cameras started a few years before that because of the birth of my daughter. She will be turning 10 in 2016. Yes, she is the one in my Avatar.

Since then, wireless IP cameras have become more common. In part, several OEM (original equipment manufacturers) have allowed a common design to be rebranded. Setting them up has also been made easier, such as the use of cloud instead of the more traditional DDNS-cum-portforwarding method.

To this day, I still find useful information posted on this thread. I have no monetary or vested interest in any of the products mentioned here. I just hope that all users continue to support the 'impartiality' of this thread. I know there are several vendors on this thread, and I also uses some of their products. I thought their presence is useful to give a more complete perspective of some of the issues, including things like installation, set-up, configuration, options etc.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Dear marix, i urge you to have your website and shopping cart properly configured for basic SSL encryption, you are putting your customers information at risk by not having SSL installed on your shopping cart/web-store.

that is basic for any kind of website which handles personal information!

Last edited:

marixsupport

Reaction score
Dear marix, i urge you to have your website and shopping cart properly configured for basic SSL encryption, you are putting your customers information at risk by not having SSL installed on your shopping cart/web-store.

that is basic for any kind of website which handles personal information!

Thanks for the feedback, our recent update yesterday morning created some problem with SSL, we are in the progress of fixing it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.