Car Rental in JB Sentral

FieldName

Reaction score
Does anyone knows any car rental just around JB checkpoint. Around city square would be good. Just wanna rent a car for 3 days and travel within JB.

beanstalk6

Reaction score

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've used Wahdah car rental before. Rates are pretty decent, car was almost new (less than 1000km on the car!)

Picked it up from Caltex Sentral (just outside the CIQ)

Have to place a MYR300 deposit though (which will be refunded 3 weeks after the car return)

gascooler

Reaction score
I've used Wahdah car rental before. Rates are pretty decent, car was almost new (less than 1000km on the car!)

Have to place a MYR300 deposit though (which will be refunded 3 weeks after the car return)

which car model and price?

looking for budget car rental on a weekday too, preferably within walking distance from johor customs. Thanks!

nashrul91

Reaction score
Im renting a Hyundai Starex for 400RM per day for 2 days.

On a side note, has anyone drive up to KL during the countdown day,31 dec? How is the traffic from jb to kl? My first time driving to kl on that period.

Thanks in adv!

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I don't think you will face anything exceptional on the drive from JB to KL. Be careful within KL. People do drive recklessly or under the influence of alcohol anywhere in the world when it is New Year's Day. Maybe avoid KLCC and KL Tower where the traditional fireworks display will take place at midnight.

arshadm

Reaction score
How is Wahdah Car rental?

Has anyone used Wahdah Car Rental before? One of the options is that the car can be picked up and dropped off at Caltex at JB Central? Has anyone tried this?

Also how do you pay them? if it upfront or at the time of pick-up of the vehicle?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Wahdah Car Rental before? One of the options is that the car can be picked up and dropped off at Caltex at JB Central? Has anyone tried this?

Also how do you pay them? if it upfront or at the time of pick-up of the vehicle?

Might want to PM him in case he doesn't drop in.

Evielicious

Reaction score

Hi, I am about to book with Wahdah.. i was wondering if you could tell me if you encountered any problems collecting from Caltex? (How do they collect payment and do you have to pay everything cash upfront?) Since there isn't an office.. how do they pass u the car? And as for the 300 MYR.. was it paid using a card (for guarantee) or cash?

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The same Wahdah guy (hasan) dropped it off at Caltex and waited for me to arrive. We went through the handover process and marked out the dings (if any) / mark petrol level on the handover form.

Drop off is done by leaving the car at the same spot. There is a secure box on the caltex wall where you can drop the car key in.

Deposit is paid through a Paypal invoice (where you can select cash payment / credit card payment). The RM300 deposit is typically refunded to you via the same channel of payment 2-3 weeks post car return. Have rented twice, no problems at all. Heading up again next week.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I shall try Wahdah the next time. Previously I have used Hertz (Sime Darby, Kotaraya) and also Avis (Kotaraya II Terminal). Both were fine, just pricey.

gunners46

Reaction score
I book from economycarrental, they assigned me to "Hawk rent a car", cost me 140rm/24hrs for Toyota Altis.

Overall car condition and service is good. They don't scrutinize small scratches and stuff when I return.

Their office located at Puteri Pacific hotel, just 5mins walk from city square.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
I book from economycarrental, they assigned me to "Hawk rent a car", cost me 140rm/24hrs for Toyota Altis.

Overall car condition and service is good. They don't scrutinize small scratches and stuff when I return.

Their office located at Puteri Pacific hotel, just 5mins walk from city square.

Which version of Altis do they offer?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.