Question about Malacca

vonluvlette

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would you guys recommend purchasing coach tickets and book the hotel rooms directly or via those packaged deals (hotel+coach) from Groupon/deal.com.sg? Plan to travel on 1st Jan 2016.

Thank you!

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would you guys recommend purchasing coach tickets and book the hotel rooms directly or via those packaged deals (hotel+coach) from Groupon/deal.com.sg? Plan to travel on 1st Jan 2016.

Thank you!

If it's New Year's Day, you better decide quickly. Better a package deal if that's still available.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno if its just me but i never trust those packaged deals from those groupon or deal sites.

if i wanna purchase packaged deals i rather walk in to transtar or those local more established ones.. like grassland transtar konsotium etc..

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Same here. I avoid those from Groupon or similar sites. Lots of fine print. Better those from established operators at Beach Road or even WTS.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If anyone happens to visit the Portuguese Village while in Melaka, you can consider buying the bottles of mango or fish pickles sold by the museum's shop. Or ask at the nearby beer joint if the museum is closed.

In glass bottles, though, but it's worth your effort if you like pickles. :D

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah ok! Thanks for the prompt reply! Have any of you tried Lapan Lapan Travel?

Dont use, i have try them once.

From SG to malacca no problem,

but from Malacca back to SG they chu pattern liao

Claim that the bus have broken down and they just put us on other bus.

They is only less than 10 person travelling as it was a mon......

TheAvengers

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you!

I am gonna drive in on the same day!

first time driving in.. hope it turns out well.. should i use the second link though i leave quite near woodlands

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I am gonna drive in on the same day!

first time driving in.. hope it turns out well.. should i use the second link though i leave quite near woodlands

Easy of you to check the OneMotoring live camera view of the traffic. Very up-to-date in your case since you live so near the Causeway.

TheAvengers

Reaction score
Easy of you to check the OneMotoring live camera view of the traffic. Very up-to-date in your case since you live so near the Causeway.

hi thanks for your reply

i read online that second link is more straight forward since it leads directly to the highway. go by woodlands need u turns and stuff... is it still true?

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi thanks for your reply

i read online that second link is more straight forward since it leads directly to the highway. go by woodlands need u turns and stuff... is it still true?

yup. 2nd link more dummy proof. once clear custom u are on ur way already.

acetylcholine

Master Member
Reaction score
hi thanks for your reply

If you are using a GPS device, you shouldn't have any problems getting onto the highway. Slow traffic might be a problem though.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
hi thanks for your reply

No longer true for a few years since the opening of the EDL, which gives a direct route to the North South Highway without having to enter JB.
Follow the directions in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtDXi14LaEU
Head for KL to get onto the North South Highway.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd link is true for dummy drivers who had more money to burn

cannot like that say lah. some will prefer 2nd link, its not always abt the $$.

anyway its 1:3 now how much can they burn. its just that few dollars xtra only.

buswhiz

Reaction score
cannot like that say lah. some will prefer 2nd link, its not always abt the $$.

anyway its 1:3 now how much can they burn. its just that few dollars xtra only.
agree, agree.. doesnt make much difference.. if you stay around woodlands area, exit via woodlands more convenient, if you are staying east side, it does not make any difference

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im at melaka now. took 2nd link, journey to melaka no jam. reach customs ard 9am. reached melaka ard 1pm+

its only when reach melaka den start to jam, quite slow moving. very packed traffic going towards hatten hotel.

stopped at machap for toilet break den pagoh to pump petrol.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
traffic really terrible. driving to bei zhan to makan just now... jam gaolat.

makan finish... jam gaolat again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.