SingPost/Vpost Bad Experience

Please add to this poll if u have encountered a bad experience with Vpost deliveries...

• Total voters

centauri61

Reaction score
Appreciate if anyone has the address and contact number for BUKIT TIMAH DELIVERY BASE (DBBTD), please let me know.
I'd like to take charge of the situation on my own.
Thanks in advance.

deathdealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi anyone ordered from iherb and parcel was delivery was made by cj korea express but delivery in sg was by speedpost ? so which is actually the delivery company i can complain to for a non-delivery?

wahwah2

Reaction score
hi anyone ordered from iherb and parcel was delivery was made by cj korea express but delivery in sg was by speedpost ? so which is actually the delivery company i can complain to for a non-delivery?

If you have the tracking number, you can call Speedpost directly.

or1onz

Reaction score
They are bad for sure.
From pickup from US via USPS, detour through Taiwan and reach Singapore only took 3 days.

From arrival in Singapore to Processed Through Sort Facility took 3 days.

Wow! I still wonder how many days it will take to be on delivery.

qyc_91

Reaction score
Purchase a camera bag on amazon, decided to use Vpost instead.
The bag is less than 2kg but volumetric came out to be 10kg or more ($130++), which is more expensive than the bag itself. In the end I found the bag at decent price in Singapore so I got Vpost to send it back to the seller (which is free return), but Vpost decided to charge me an amount as admin fees, I did anyway for the refund of money. Eventually I got my refund from US seller.

Recently, I received email from Vpost stating that I need to pay $277.10 before they finally discard my "shipment". I already returned the product & got my refund months ago so I have no idea what are they charging me for.

Overall, bad service, avoid at all costs.

jace88

Reaction score
Purchase a camera bag on amazon, decided to use Vpost instead.
The bag is less than 2kg but volumetric came out to be 10kg or more ($130++), which is more expensive than the bag itself. In the end I found the bag at decent price in Singapore so I got Vpost to send it back to the seller (which is free return), but Vpost decided to charge me an amount as admin fees, I did anyway for the refund of money. Eventually I got my refund from US seller.

Recently, I received email from Vpost stating that I need to pay $277.10 before they finally discard my "shipment". I already returned the product & got my refund months ago so I have no idea what are they charging me for.

Overall, bad service, avoid at all costs.

Stories like this really worry me about using them in case they jack up the shipping rate when the item arrives because when that happens you're stuck.

lotto_

Reaction score
still horrible

I can confirm that their services is still 'horrible' at any level that I experienced.

The tricky delivery guy that never ring the bell - only wanted to issue the delivery notice, and many times, not even with delivery notice.

The untimely customer support.

The pending-for-collection parcels were spread to different post offices made it harder for you to plan for the collection.

*SIGH*

Trinitrophenol

Reaction score
sh*tpost

Yet another very bad experience with speedpost.
Was given a sms notice from taobao 4px that my item will arrive before 6pm (29th June 2015) , waited at home till 4.50pm, called speedpost at 1800 222 5777. Was reassured that item will reach by 6pm.

6++ , item did not show up. Called again and was promised by CSO that item will be placed "priority" and delivered by 29th June.

Waited like an idiot till 10+, still no show. Double checked the item status online, "Delivery attempted, unsuccessful ; Delivery could not be completed as new address could not be located" , did NOT receive missed delivery notice. Called hotline again , CSO can't give me any answers and was told speedpost will call me personally by 9am , 30th June 2015.

Guess what? 9.30+ , no one called me. Called hotline again, CSO "escalated" my matter to the "manager" , told me due to lack of time, item was not delivered (different reason again) , asked to self collect, said not able to. Asked when the item will be delivered, can't give me an answer , told me they would "call" me back in 1 hour . We shall see again.

This is not the first time , I had at least 5-6 times bad experience with singpost / vpost/ speedpost. Phantom receivers, different excuses each time.(vehicle breakdown, weather, not enough time, etc) . No one bothered to call to inform either. From what I heard, they outsourced their call center to India (All my calls are handled by foreign sounding Indians) and the couriers are outsourced too, they don't bother whether the item is delivered or not as they get commission for every successful delivery and "attempted" delivery.

hwspreee

Reaction score
I seldom use Vpost as there are too many regulations that happens and end up package delayed or unable to send over.

Now there is GshipExpress.com so far not bad, i like their prompt courier service and they call before coming over.

Been using it for my mass orders.

dangerdevil

Master Member
Reaction score
What happens if the postman never leave the delivery advice to me although the website said it does? Can I still collect at post office nt???

Makunouchi_Ippo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I opted for registered mail , i track via the website it say item delivered. I whole day at home no one comes and nothing inside the mailbox either.

I call 1605 they say will help me investigate , wonder how long will they get back to me

Whats the point of paying extra for registered.
:(

zodiac21

Reaction score
I opted for registered mail , i track via the website it say item delivered. I whole day at home no one comes and nothing inside the mailbox either.

I call 1605 they say will help me investigate , wonder how long will they get back to me

Whats the point of paying extra for registered.
:(

Time to change provider leh... So many out there..
Vpost I give up on their service long time back.. So many staffs yet oepration like screw up.

I currently happy using GShipExpress... For my USA and Taiwan shipment.
Less red tapes also.. On top , they do FREE repacking for all your parcel.. That the key point.

Vpost charge to do repacking.. Sigh.. Time for them to change..

feist_

Reaction score
What happens if the postman never leave the delivery advice to me although the website said it does? Can I still collect at post office nt???

All you need is your IC! :)

Source: I forgot to bring my delivery advice. Also, the collector needs your IC to proceed - so even if they steal your delivery advice, they can't get your goods

dennislee85

Reaction score
Singpost service level

hi...

i personally encountered a very very bad experience with SingPost.

On 26 nov, i visited their branch to have an ear piece ($299) delivered to my client in Hong Kong. At first i picked SpeedPost. but then they said since the parcel is small and not urgent, just use normal registered Air mail. so i did it.

guess what? parcel lost.

I call up their hotline 1605, normal post dept said i should go to vpost, vpost said its speedpost, speedpost said it is normal post. All because they heard my reference number prefix "VR" wrongly "ZR" :s22:

After a few attempt, i finally get to talk to the right person. then they said my parcel is already dispatched to Hong Kong on 27th Nov. for further query of status, i have to call HongKong Post.

guess what? parcel not found in HongKong.

now SingPost says: you can file a investigation case after 18 working days, we will help you to find your item.

it is a week away from now. and i already lost my trust on their service quality. guess i myself have to fork out that $299 myself.

lesson learnt in an expensive way. no singpost, never.

Shalomp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi...

i personally encountered a very very bad experience with SingPost.

On 26 nov, i visited their branch to have an ear piece ($299) delivered to my client in Hong Kong. At first i picked SpeedPost. but then they said since the parcel is small and not urgent, just use normal registered Air mail. so i did it.

guess what? parcel lost.

I call up their hotline 1605, normal post dept said i should go to vpost, vpost said its speedpost, speedpost said it is normal post. All because they heard my reference number prefix "VR" wrongly "ZR" :s22:

After a few attempt, i finally get to talk to the right person. then they said my parcel is already dispatched to Hong Kong on 27th Nov. for further query of status, i have to call HongKong Post.

guess what? parcel not found in HongKong.

now SingPost says: you can file a investigation case after 18 working days, we will help you to find your item.

it is a week away from now. and i already lost my trust on their service quality. guess i myself have to fork out that $299 myself.

lesson learnt in an expensive way. no singpost, never.

vpost / speedpost / singpost all cock up when it comes to sending stuff out?

what about receiving from them? just as crap?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.