Samsung LED Smart TV endless reboot loop problem

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 4-year-old Samsung LED Smart TV (40", 5 Series), suddenly decided to reboot endlessly today. This morning it was still working. I switched it off as usual, before I left home sending my child to childcare centre, and myself to work (by pressing the power button on remote, so technically, it was in standby I think, the red colour LED was on). And in the evening, when my family came home, found that it fell into this endless reboot loop. The SmartTV logo will appear 2, 3 seconds, then disappear, and it appears as if it loses the source, and the red LED is flashing. Few seconds later, the SmartTV logo appear again, then samething follows. It just keep looping. No response to remote, cannot turn it off. I have to switch off power source to keep it off. And once I switch on power source, the loop starts again. It is similar like when our PC has problem, before it can load into OS, it auto reboots itself, something like that.

I searched online, and found that my problem is very similar to this:
http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...ooting-again-n-again-after-smart-tv-logo.html
http://woikr.com/home-entertainment...when-updating-firmware-on-a-samsung-smart-tv/

Compared to this, mine, the logo stays a little longer:

I tried the suggested solution, MUTE, "2", "5", "8", EXIT, no use.
I let it stay that way for 2, 3 hours, thinking that it may be in the middle of undating firmware, no use.

My family called Samsung, asking about that (before I reached home from work), was told to disconnect all power, then power it up again, to try. Of course, it did not help. Asking their tech to come to check will cost SGD160.

I need help here. Anyone knows how to solve this? Or do you have contacts that can solve, but with cheaper cost?

TIA.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Engaged this Yi Leng to come my house to check for 20 bucks. Conclusion is mainboard spoilt, new one, including labour is $280. Now still considering if I wanna buy new one or just repair.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Engaged this Yi Leng to come my house to check for 20 bucks. Conclusion is mainboard spoilt, new one, including labour is $280. Now still considering if I wanna buy new one or just repair.

Well for Tv it is either motherboard or powerboard or Tv Panel. Total cost for u is $300 and a new one is just a bit more, $599.

bh2148

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The problem is the android booting? Is there anyway to bypass & go direct to simple function, different video selections?

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not android tv. It can load into any OS. The tech showed me, with mainboard power disconnected, the power is consistent. However, with mainboard power connected, the power is on and off.

The problem is the android booting? Is there anyway to bypass & go direct to simple function, different video selections?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well for Tv it is either motherboard or powerboard or Tv Panel. Total cost for u is $300 and a new one is just a bit more, $599.

For $299 more can get new set with warranty for 3 years.

Can't tell how long the current set will last.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not android tv. It can load into any OS. The tech showed me, with mainboard power disconnected, the power is consistent. However, with mainboard power connected, the power is on and off.

Will u consider getting a new tv with 3 yr warranty as the repair cost is quite expensive?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Samsung 8 series LED also have this problem now, just under 5 years)

I read online is due to faulty capacitors. Many online discussion on the clicking on / off.

Samsung products dont last !

Jaxxie

Reaction score
Recently the same boot loop problem happen to me. I manage to partially solve it by resetting my eeprom. But sometime the boot loop problem will come back. Suspect a hardware fault. Anyway to reset your eeprom (a chip where they store some of your firmware setting), just open up your TV, on the mother board which is green in color, find a part where there are some pin holes with label EEPROM SDA and H_RESET. Turn off your TV ( remove power), connect the two holes with a paper clip (metal one of course). Turn on your TV and wait. It will eventually boot your TV up after some flashes of white acreen

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.