Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

N

Reaction score
Frankly I haven't really had issues with Vpost's package forwarding service. It's the helpdesk that really drives me nuts sometimes.

SHORTENED
CSRs since yesterday and neither one has gotten back to me, even though 1 said she'll call me back at 8pm last night and the other said I'll receive a replacement code on 1st Jan 2015.

doomgaze86,i encountered that too, and the joker who don't use the door bell, or just pretends to deliver. give up on them. i only used them recently when i desperately needed somethin from UK. problems a-z, no choice

Is daigou also using DHL or other couriers? And how fast 65daigou usually process the packages and shipment orders?

Hi batboyz, they use their own system. Exactly same as how we get china stuff. Delivery time is subjective, 3 week to 1 week. Don't use if you need urgently. I am rarely in a hurry.

I have shipped regularly with CGW/HSG and have both accounts on Prime. But due to many

shortened
they will lose your items and you lose your items value. If you pay insurance, they will lose your items and you lose your 3% of your items value. Rates are cheap and good if you are lucky not to have your items lost.

Just my experience for sharing.

hi djork84 daigou they never lost my items so far, and i had like 10 different items each time. And their repack is very good, super honest when i measure it myself i find that they undervalue.

CGW is super fast and super expensive, but i will use it IF my merchant is very stubborn. Their personal shopper is very good.

i like both because they allow me to pick up at very good timings.
just my personal feel, CGW has too many hidden cost and cost almost double of daigou.

Last edited:

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi batboyz, they use their own system. Exactly same as how we get china stuff. Delivery time is subjective, 3 week to 1 week. Don't use if you need urgently. I am rarely in a hurry.

Thanks for your reply. So looks like any saving on 65daigou is not worth it, since there is really not much different in pricing between 65daigou and CGW.

N

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. So looks like any saving on 65daigou is not worth it, since there is really not much different in pricing between 65daigou and CGW.

erm, based on 5kg, are you sure there's no savings? one is in USD the other in SGD. of course you are entitled to your opinion :D Happy new year

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
erm, based on 5kg, are you sure there's no savings? one is in USD the other in SGD. of course you are entitled to your opinion :D Happy new year

I did not say no savings. Anyone can see that shipping is cheaper with 65daigou.

I said the savings may not be worth it for that amount of time for processing and shipping, with no delivery timeframe commitment and flexibility as compared to DHL. I would choose DHL as long as it's an option any day for piece of mind and flexibility.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
do you buy insurance?

so CGW is compulsory and 65daigou is not?

INSURANCE
CGW
At comGateway, all packages are insured for loss or damage during international shipping, for a cost of 1% of total charges paid to comGateway. Total charges include:
Item cost
U.S. domestic shipping charges (for BuyForMe orders only)
international shipping charges
http://www.comgateway.com/rates-and-fees/#how

65daigou
11.11 Do I need to buy insurance for my items?
You can add insurance for your high value goods. The charge is 3% of the declared value of the goods and international shipping fee. If the parcel is lost, you will be 100% compensated, capped at S$2000.
https://www.65daigou.com/Help/Faq#Shipforme#Shipforme-17

What are GST handling fees?

CGW
It is the processing/administrative fee (5%) levied on the GST amount payable.

65daigou
cannot seem to find GST handling fees

N

Reaction score
I did not say no savings. Anyone can see that shipping is cheaper with 65daigou.

I said the savings may not be worth it for that amount of time for processing and shipping, with no delivery timeframe commitment and flexibility as compared to DHL. I would choose DHL as long as it's an option any day for piece of mind and flexibility.

thanks for clarifying, yes i agree with you if based on this reason. Daigou is for poor folk like me who want rock bottom price.

Last edited:

N

Reaction score
do you buy insurance?

so CGW is compulsory and 65daigou is not?

INSURANCE
CGW
At comGateway, all packages are insured for loss or damage during international shipping, for a cost of 1% of total charges paid to comGateway. Total charges include:
Item cost
U.S. domestic shipping charges (for BuyForMe orders only)
international shipping charges

65daigou
11.11 Do I need to buy insurance for my items?
You can add insurance for your high value goods. The charge is 3% of the declared value of the goods and international shipping fee. If the parcel is lost, you will be 100% compensated, capped at S$2000.

What are GST handling fees?

CGW
It is the processing/administrative fee (5%) levied on the GST amount payable.

65daigou
cannot seem to find GST handling fees

daigou insurance is optional. GST, i guess if your numbers are ok then its not applicable. Daigou is for people on a budget like me, won't be so suey, just save the money for a few days lunch.

Last edited:

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys,
How to ship anything from India? Looking for Zenfone Max, any website like comgateway for India?

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys i need help,

first time using Vpost, after i declare the item and pay, will vpost ask for the invoice to see if the declared value is correct?

djork84

Reaction score
thanks for clarifying, yes i agree with you if based on this reason. Daigou is for poor folk like me who want rock bottom price.

I did post about loss of items about daigou and it's really a pain trying to get back my money. Maybe that could be one reason why they use Internet banking. It's not possible to charge them back with this mean of transfer/payment. I have also saw many claims of loss of items, especially from their USA warehouse.

May I know what items do you normally ship? And if you buy insurance? Seems like branded goods and electronic stuff are more likely to get taken.

Last edited:

N

Reaction score
I did post about loss of items about daigou and it's really a pain trying to get back my money. Maybe that could be one reason why they use Internet banking. It's not possible to charge them back with this mean of transfer/payment. I have also saw many claims of loss of items, especially from their USA warehouse.

May I know what items do you normally ship? And if you buy insurance? Seems like branded goods and electronic stuff are more likely to get taken.

most of the time clothes for the whole family. from brands such as GAP, levis. branded or not, is subjective. in Singapore, these are quite branded. Over there, nah... Perhaps i always ship as gifts so the price tag won't exist, and no insurance for me.

getting an insurance claim is based on the dollar value declared, it has nothing to do with paypal or mastercard. Getting a ChargeBack is for fraud. If the merchant proves you own the card and you made the transaction, then they will get their money, even if its proven they did lose your item. The moment you use token or sms verification, you already proven you own the card.

my fragile electronics are usually with Amazon, easy to spoil or DOA, easier to return/refund

Last edited:

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, ask u something, i saw Vpost having a promo code SCB30C, for standard chartered bank -30%.
Can i just apply this code and checkout with a POSB credit card?? :O

Anyone got other codes? i can only find -15% now :mad:

El_Boombastico

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm trying to order stuff from Spain. Do you know any service that is able to ship from Spain to SG? Similar to vPost - but vPost Europe's address is in UK (the shipping from Spain to UK is a bit mental) - I was hoping there is some sort of service like vPost, but with an address in Spain.

Thank you.

daredbaron

Reaction score
IM SO ANGRY....

I got quoted to ship 3 apparels from Germany to Singapore for a hefty sum of SGD79. Despite talking to the agent online TWICE, they never seem to understand what I am saying. They simply reply me saying shipping fee is based on voluminous weight and Im like dude.. YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION..

It was SGD20 above the quote based on their online calculator even with the exact measurements given by them online and the weight.

I NEVER faced this problem before despite shopping 10+ times over with Comgateway.. Anytime I got a problem, their agent gets me right the first time and actually resolves it.

NOT BORDERLINX. exorbitant shipping fees, lousy agents who cant understand english well.. I cant get over paying up the SGD79 for such crap service.

I am more than happy to speak to a representative on here, if any. Facebook has been slow in replies, Emails ignored, agent dont seem to understand what Im saying. Oh, and they take 10minutes to reply EACH question I ask. Crap, crap, crap.

TLDR; STAY AWAY FROM BORDERLINX

I totally feel the same way! I just bought a car mat from US and they have just decided to charge me S$180 (!!!) to ship it to SG. Talked to their agents and they only knew how to cut and paste standard answers, they also ignored my request to speak with their supervisor. I will NEVER use their services again.

I regret not reading this post earlier.

industrious

Reaction score
I just used comgateway.

comgateway:
(Good)
1. Shipment was on-time. Repacking server provided.
2. Member portal is user friendly.
3. call center answered my queries very fast. live chat was also very responsive.

(Bad)
1. Shipment cost is pricey. mine was $60 compared to $50 from other providers.
1. Error during shipment payment from time-to-time

N

Reaction score
Gship, overcharged me for most of the item, i officially complaining two items that is very overcharged, not expecting much from them though. and they don't use DHL UPS FEDEX, all that is just gimmicky website. They send with their own untrackable courier.

in future CGW and daigou will be my choice.

update: GShip acknowledge they overcharged me and will refund the difference, but the trust is broken. I should not have to kick up a fuss at all, if the business is honest.

palmpda

Reaction score
Current shipping from USA used Vpost.

From their USA office to Singapore just 4 days.

Speedpost took about a day plus to put it into the Pop box.

Speedpost website already updated real time.

Vpost website still show shipping from their USA office. HahaHaha....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.