[News] - ASUS Networking @ CES 2016 and some new ASUS 2016 networking products

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
As usual, ASUS has announced some new networking products @ CES 2016.

1). ASUS CM 32 AC2600

It's cable modem cum 4x4 dual band WiFi router all in one.

2). ASUS RP-AC68U

ASUS RP-AC68U is a brand new repeater which doesn't halve the bandwidth performance in 2 modes as compared to traditional repeaters in the market and roaming assist which allows auto switching over on WiFi clients between the ASUS router and this repeater.

ASUS ExpressWay

ASUS Roaming assist

3). ASUS RP-AC66

Some images are screengrabs from Linustechtips CES 2016 YouTube video.

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
You guys getting ready for the various telcos 10G Fiber Internet?

You guys will be needing all these :D

4). ASUS XG-D2008 10G based T switch

ASUS has just announced a 10-Gigabit Ethernet switch, although it has limited usage (according to its product photo). The device has ten ports, but only two are 10-Gigabit Ethernet. This means that you are not gaining any 10-Gigabit devices, because you could have just connected devices 9 and 10 together without the switch. What this provides is the ability to append eight, 1-Gigabit Ethernet devices onto two devices that each have a single, 10-Gigabit Ethernet port, while letting those two connect together.

So 9 and 10 can still communicate at 10-Gigabit Ethernet, while seeing 1 through 8 as Gigabit devices, all on a single 10-Gigabit Ethernet port. I'm not sure whether the 10GbE ports, 9 and 10, can talk to multiple of the other eight, Gigabit Ethernet ports at a combined rate that is higher than gigabit.

No word yet on pricing or availability, because it might vary by region. They also don't seem to have a website up for this product at the moment, but the product will be on display at the show.

5). ASUS ROG 10GbE NIC

Asus' 10G Express uses a Tehuti Networks controller, but we haven't isolated the specific model. Unlike many older 10 GbE products that need a lot of power, Tehuti Networks has models that consume less than 4 watts of power.

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
6). ASUS Google OnHub - SRT1900

Wait no further, ASUS Google OnHub - SRT1900 will be arriving @ our shores very soon for those whom need a very simple, seamless WiFi connectivity and idiot proof router.

Expect my take on this beauty soon :D

Last edited:

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
interested to replace my AC68u with the OnHub

my main concern is COVERAGE

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
As usual, ASUS has announced some new networking products @ CES 2016.

1). ASUS CM 32 AC2600

It's cable modem cum 4x4 dual band WiFi router all in one.

2). ASUS RP-AC68U

ASUS RP-AC68U is a brand new repeater which doesn't halve the bandwidth performance in 2 modes as compared to traditional repeaters in the market and roaming assist which allows auto switching over on WiFi clients between the ASUS router and this repeater.

ASUS ExpressWay

ASUS Roaming assist

3). ASUS RP-AC66

Some images are screengrabs from Linustechtips CES 2016 YouTube video.

Asus Expressway is like Netgear Fastlane and Linksys Crossband technology, which has been around forever. Nothing new and exciting leh?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asus Expressway is like Netgear Fastlane and Linksys Crossband technology, which has been around forever. Nothing new and exciting leh?

The exciting part is on roaming assistant. You wanna check with linksys and netgear if they have this implemented yet? :D

ykeen

Reaction score
interested to replace my AC68u with the OnHub

my main concern is COVERAGE

Yeah I got the TP-Link onHub its an improvement to my ac66.. Pretty happy with it except I can't change the subnet to something from its default 192.168.86.0/24 ..

Imagine your house is looking like this with ASUS Google OnHub :eek: ;)

In a way the TP-Link onHub is more "fun" as they launched shells for it..

JetstreamShell_O_TAF1_16x9%2B%25281%2529.png

https://googleblog.blogspot.sg/2015/12/make-your-home-internet-look-like-your.html

It's funny the TP-Link and Asus onHub are inverse designs of each other. The Asus onHub seems to remind me of an inverted trashbin... But if both were launched at the same time, I would most probably have bought the Asus one as well..

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
ASUS PCE-AC88

ASUS USB-AC68 and WiFi adapter

Additional images of the ASUS XG-D2008

Additional images of the ASUS RP-AC66

Last edited:

NewWing

Reaction score
The exciting part is on roaming assistant. You wanna check with linksys and netgear if they have this implemented yet? :D

Don't repeaters all work this way? I remember messing around with a Linksys repeater (can't remember if RE3000W or RE 4000W) and I get switched between APs automatically just fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, memory is a bit hazy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.