Anyone Excited About Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge?

Hello_Kitty

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It all boils down to the type of customers Samsung wants to target. By copying the product strategy of Apple, and with its focus on building on Tizen, it is clearly abandoning its original target market segment - people who care more about features and an open environment than aesthetics and bling. Yet if I'm going to choose between Samsung and Apple given that they are both offering similar high-end but closed products, Apple will win hands down. This is the real reason why Samsung is suffering. They are under attack by the low-cost Chinese companies like Xiaomi and Huawei who have swallowed a significant part of their cheap phone market, and are now having trouble trying to move up the food chain to the space occupied by Apple.

I think China is dominated by Apple and Xiaomi. This market is very important. I use a Xiaomi phone, find that for a cheap price, it's phone is actually very good

aogiliu

Reaction score
I think China is dominated by Apple and Xiaomi. This market is very important. I use a Xiaomi phone, find that for a cheap price, it's phone is actually very good
true. but recently xiaomi lost his direction on phone. the redmi note 2 and 3 are quite bad. lots of problems. My redmi note 2 can not work well until i flashed Poland ROM.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Price vs expectation. It's indeed comparable to the big guys

sporean

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiya... u all write until so tldr for wat..

watever design or specs samsuck wants to come up wif their next flagships, we average consumers also llst.. once the phone goes on sale, if u like wat u see then buy lor.. if not, look at other brands lor..

old saying goes - no perfect phone... they give u sumthing, they will take back sumthing.. u want removable batt, then no premium look/feel lor...

my only hope for this S7 series is that it will perform better than its S6 relatives... eg. dun keep giving us smlj 8 core, 20 core cpu etc but nvr improved on its batt resources..

or keep saying on paper the camera simi this best that best but on practical use there are more cons than pros..

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
AnTuTu Benchmark for S7
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-antutu-benchmark-leaks-samsung-galaxy-s7-specs

Extracted from the article:

The benchmark revealed that the 2016 flagship will come with Android 6.0 OS (Marshmallow) out of the box, and they will also be using Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 processors.

S7 will be changing their rear camera to a 12-megapixel BRITECELL sensor, which is a higher resolution sensor that touts better low-light performance and a wider dynamic range (compared to the current models).

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
i hope to see better software optimizations.

hardware-wise, samsung has improved a lot from the S5/S4/S3/S2/S.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hardware man, is all about the hardware for me.

If SoC sux, it can be as good as destroy the whole experience.

Sd820 uses Adreno 530. And for single threaded workload, sd820 beats the Exynos 7420 by marginal. But in multi threaded workloads it is slower than the 7420.

Hope the rumour benchmark isnt true. If so i would skip entirely on s7.

Lance321

Master Member
Reaction score

Sd820 uses Adreno 530. And for single threaded workload, sd820 beats the Exynos 7420 by marginal. But in multi threaded workloads it is slower than the 7420.

Single core performance matters a lot, which is why iphone 6s is dominating everyone else despite their lower multi core scores. Exynos processors come with that mali gpu that gets outdated very fast for some reason. The adreno gpu is a lot better. In the end, software integration also matters, and not just better processors. If touchwhiz still has crappy RAM management and lags, it doesn't matter if they use exynos or snapdragon, the experience will be sub-par...

aogiliu

Reaction score
Latest news say that there will be no external sd slot on S7 series. sigh. if it ia true, will consider iphone.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest news say that there will be no external sd slot on S7 series. sigh. if it ia true, will consider iphone.

all are runours til its release ..there was s7edge no sd support while s7 hv..
to.jump over to iphone sound too much. Its a differ ecosystem whereby itunes is a muz (file transfer)

Montoya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if is only marginal improvement for single core workload then it does not justify for S6 users to upgrade..

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
CZ6lKoiWAAEnG2i.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.