The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, Tampines used to have a shampoo shop that sells Kerasys wax. However for some reason, it's no longer there.

Can any kind soul advise me where to buy it in Singapore?

Thank you!

1422950585_l1
i think i saw kerasys products selling at pasir ris white sands...not sure if the shop is british essentials or beauty language... one of those pattern one. not sure if there's this particular product though.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i'm asking is does paraben have negative effects on hair/scalp? does the exclusion of it make it a 'better' hair product?
Paraben is a common ingredient in almost all of skincare/bodycare/haircare products. Paraben has been a preservative ingredient for many many years. There's inconclusive reports that says paraben leads to cancer, blah blah blah.

Bottom line is, no paraben does not have any negative effects on the hair/scalp. The exclusion of paraben just makes the product have a shorter/not-so-effective shelf life.

You'd probably be more affected by the amount of sodium chlorides in your food, than the paraben in your hair product.

Sent from Nokia 3310 without using internet browser or using GAGT

Last edited:

thisisnotme1212

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any discount codes for cny? hairbroducts? :D
i want to try slick back look products.
bored of matt look liao.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol just started. can go bio.

have to work still even thought i am travelling.

btw BluMaan shipping, i would say will be here pretty soon. Maybe End Jan can reach SG. I hope... lol

dj_flame

Reaction score
I'm actually on board with gel pomade. As long as your sides are long enough to slick down, you get all day hold if you spam a load of the stuff - the gel just hardens and locks it in place and it's quite weather friendly.

Don't bother with an undercut though because you sides will still stick out.

Only drawback is that gel pomade is hard to wash out and my hair feels unhealthily dry after a day of use.

tl;dr - Gel pomades can work for that slicked down, thrown back look if your sides are long enough.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm actually on board with gel pomade. As long as your sides are long enough to slick down, you get all day hold if you spam a load of the stuff - the gel just hardens and locks it in place and it's quite weather friendly.

Don't bother with an undercut though because you sides will still stick out.

Only drawback is that gel pomade is hard to wash out and my hair feels unhealthily dry after a day of use.

tl;dr - Gel pomades can work for that slicked down, thrown back look if your sides are long enough.
Gel pomade hard to wash meh? It's water soluble what. And the after effects of washing off gel pomade from your hair, it strips off all the oil on your hair, is it leaves the hair muthafukin-squicky-clean squeek squeek dry as an 80yo cheesepie...

Sent from Nokia 3310 without using internet browser or using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.