Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

kengo2r

Reaction score
Wow, great thread. pacme.com is another option (and there are hundreds!). PacMe is a great value when you have a lot of packages, but not so good when you have just a few (vPost is better for that).

For instance, if you build your PC on pcpartpicker and order from newegg, amazon, etc., PacMe will repack the items from all the incoming packages into a single box (or a few) - like playing Tetris to minimize the dimensional weight. Even if you place a single order on Amazon, it still comes in 6 or 7 packages because they drop ship from different warehouses.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow, great thread. pacme.com is another option (and there are hundreds!). PacMe is a great value when you have a lot of packages, but not so good when you have just a few (vPost is better for that).

Which delivery courier do they use? How fast is their response time, repacking, assigning packages, etc?

Just did a quick browse:
We ship to addresses worldwide except where prohibited by the US government or restricted by our shipping partners (Fedex, UPS, USPS)

Too bad no DHL.

Last edited:

kengo2r

Reaction score
I run pacme.com - sorry should have mentioned that. I can't post links, but you can see a link to our testimonials on the pacme.com home page (in the "bulletin") and you can read the "save money" FAQ to understand our business model. The FAQ is loaded - I wrote it all myself - probably more than what you wanted to know. Been doing this for 10+ years but started the company a few years ago. Absolutely love it.

We actually ship by DHL also, but UPS is much cheaper and has a better service record to Singapore in our experience. Our shipping calculator does real-time quotes. We can ship by Express (UPS Express Saver, 3-4 days) or Economy (UPS Expedited, 5-6 days).

Packages are almost always checked in within an hour of arrival. Every package has it's own dedicated chat box. There is no blackhole customer service. It's either me or my business partner.

We can usually do same-day turnaround if you need it urgently. But our afternoon shipping deadline in Oregon is very early in the morning Singapore time (about 7am). What most customers do is submit a consolidation the night before and put their "expected" packages in it. Then as soon as the straggler arrives, we will automatically do the consolidation.

The only thing I caution is that we are not a good value for small shipments. We are a consolidator and repacker of several packages and then have great shipping rates above 10kg or so. Our packing fees are essentially fixed after 7 packages, so "going big" is when the value begins.

Our typical consolidation contains items from 8 incoming packages and weighs about 15kg, but we have several customers who consolidate 50 packages at a time. I think there were probably a couple group buys off this forum even. on edit: I just set up promocode HWZ for a free account.

Last edited:

El_Boombastico

Reaction score
So I actually tried Airfrov, which is a p2p type delivery stuff. It worked really well, and was significantly cheaper than vPOST, etc. Less hassle too - it relies on people who are travelling back to SG and have extra baggage room.
Everything is done through their app - and you can even message the person who'll be bringing your stuff back to SG.
You can use the code GR93N - add this to your Airfrov credits to get $5 off.

I got shoes sent to me for $18 - and communicated with the other party directly. As opposed to vPost for example who's base rate is close to $14 - with useless customer service.

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!!

First time using Vpost and i am going to give my reviews.
Ordered 15 items on Amazon and shipped via Vpost.
(Items include: headset/amazon fire and more).
Total cost to ship is $200.

Paid on 17 Jan, they put the ETA date as 26-29Jan.
However, i received the orders on 20Jan!! SO FAST!!!
ALL ITEMS CAME, ALL 15. THAT IS AMAZING, given that some people have complains that some items were missing, but all of mine came for a fact!

Was overall pleased with the service. MOST of the items came in the original amazon boxes, which has plastic cling wrap and the bubble wrap, which is great.

However, i have one con.
actually i ordered 16 items, only 15 items were updated in the system throughout the 20 days, checked with the courier, one of the item was not updated in the system, since my 20days were almost up for free consolidation, i have to pay and get them to ship... ONLY TODAY, they update it when for a fact that UPS has shown tracking delivered way earlier. so that is my downside, now i have to pay a base charge of 13.40 without discount to ship it over, currently talking with the **** and ask if they could waive the base charge.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: PLEASANT.

ruffruff

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if Microsoft onlinestore US can send to forwarder address? Looking to buy the xps 13 signature edition

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So I actually tried Airfrov, which is a p2p type delivery stuff. It worked really well, and was significantly cheaper than vPOST, etc. Less hassle too - it relies on people who are travelling back to SG and have extra baggage room.
Everything is done through their app - and you can even message the person who'll be bringing your stuff back to SG.
You can use the code GR93N - add this to your Airfrov credits to get $5 off.

I got shoes sent to me for $18 - and communicated with the other party directly. As opposed to vPost for example who's base rate is close to $14 - with useless customer service.

Airfrov model doesn't works for many items. Some people are offering you to lug back stuff for them at almost no premium? Some items are even reselling for much higher than the price being offered so most of those on Airfrov are probably resellers themselves, trying to 'score' a good deal for them to earn even more.

Xylitol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think CGW can. i rmb my colleague bought from there last year using buyforme. anw aren't they having some kind of CNY promo now? $15 off $50 with code CGWDBSCNY16

it's first shipment only, but i just created a new account lol.

can i check with the $15 off with min. $50 spending,

the $50 is the price of the items or the shipping price ?

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using daigou and vpost,

i will say vpost is more reliable.
65daigou is only like 5% cheaper than vpost LOL(shipped 2 headphones, vpost cost around 23.50, daigou around 22.50)

so from now on i think i will use vpost...

El_Boombastico

Reaction score
Airfrov model doesn't works for many items. Some people are offering you to lug back stuff for them at almost no premium? Some items are even reselling for much higher than the price being offered so most of those on Airfrov are probably resellers themselves, trying to 'score' a good deal for them to earn even more.

What I did was put up the price I was willing to pay, and someone responded to it. Makes sense though people use it to resell stuff, though I would think the primary purpose is to tap on people who are in the country where the merchant is at, and seeing if they have excess baggage to bring your stuff back. Works especially well if you are buying stuff from countries outside U.S, U.K, Japan.

I was getting apparel, but if I was getting a TV or something like that, I'd prolly stick to vPost. For apparel, the vPost model truly sucks though, because at times, the shipping costs are way higher than the price of the stuff.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What I did was put up the price I was willing to pay, and someone responded to it. Makes sense though people use it to resell stuff, though I would think the primary purpose is to tap on people who are in the country where the merchant is at, and seeing if they have excess baggage to bring your stuff back. Works especially well if you are buying stuff from countries outside U.S, U.K, Japan.

I was getting apparel, but if I was getting a TV or something like that, I'd prolly stick to vPost. For apparel, the vPost model truly sucks though, because at times, the shipping costs are way higher than the price of the stuff.

As a traveler, the price offered by many buyers was simply not attractive enough to warrant the extra effort to go search for it and buy it, then you still have to drop it off at the airfrov office? All for that $10-20 profit? What's your 'real' profit?

El_Boombastico

Reaction score
As a traveler, the price offered by many buyers was simply not attractive enough to warrant the extra effort to go search for it and buy it, then you still have to drop it off at the airfrov office? All for that $10-20 profit? What's your 'real' profit?

Ah, I didn't see it from the traveler's perspective. But I guess it's a demand and supply thing - as long as there is enough travelers (supply), the model would work, just like in any marketplace.

They should, however, have a drop off centre at the airport -so you can offload the package the moment you arrive.

netnetpop

Reaction score
this is vpost repack service

i paid SGD6.00 for repack,but vpost ship my package like this

with no cardboard box or even plastic

LPAVeQf.jpg

iwLtn0Q.jpg

105hj8y.jpg

s2fdU1j.jpg

Last edited:

xxxjhxxx

Master Member
Reaction score
Need help! First time trying daigou for shipforme.. roughly how long does it take for daigou to update your order status after receiving the goods?

needsomecash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to buy from USA sites that requires a US credit card with a billing address?

Or at least someone that has friends in USA that can help to ship? :( Sis want to buy a laptop from Best buy or Microsoft USA but requires US Credit card.

psykhy

Reaction score
Hi, anyone can give me advice.

I plan to ship a pair of Nike shoe from Footlocker.
- Should i use footlocker's shipping service @ 28% of the shoe price, for my case would be USD$150*28%=USD$42.
- Or would it be better to consider forwarder's service? If so, which forwarder would be cheaper for a pair of nike shoe?

needsomecash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone can give me advice.

I plan to ship a pair of Nike shoe from Footlocker.
- Should i use footlocker's shipping service @ 28% of the shoe price, for my case would be USD$150*28%=USD$42.
- Or would it be better to consider forwarder's service? If so, which forwarder would be cheaper for a pair of nike shoe?
just use any other service like 65daigou shipping around 15usd

Sent from AOA dormitory using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.