CIMB platinum MasterCard 10% cash back

keniphone

Reaction score
<ADV>Receive 10% cash rebate when you charge travel, and health, beauty and wellness-related purchases on your CIMB Platinum MasterCard! For details, visit http://bit.ly/1QgCHxm. T&Cs apply.

Basically it's applicable for airtix purchase and cap at $60 rebate (equivalent to $600 spend)

More benefit access the link above

For CIMB Visa Signature
10% cash back for online spending in foreign currency. Very good as well. Use while it lasts

Last edited:

benlau1

Reaction score
<ADV>Receive 10% cash rebate when you charge travel, and health, beauty and wellness-related purchases on your CIMB Platinum MasterCard! For details, visit http://bit.ly/1QgCHxm. T&Cs apply.

Basically it's applicable for airtix purchase and cap at $60 rebate (equivalent to $600 spend)

More benefit access the link above

For CIMB Visa Signature
10% cash back for online spending in foreign currency. Very good as well. Use while it lasts

Sounds attractive le....

BTW - Any bro here has their internet banking facility? How to apply for it after applying for their cards huh?

Need go down to the branch?

skinlet

Reaction score
No need. Complete form and mail in.
But sorry bro, I cannot post link -.-
Search Cimbclick should be able to link your way there.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So for Visa and master, both shop online and FX got 10%? and visa is for dine and wine, master is for travel and beauty wellness etc. but 8 x $30 really turn off.. $500 min still ok

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So for Visa and master, both shop online and FX got 10%? and visa is for dine and wine, master is for travel and beauty wellness etc. but 8 x $30 really turn off.. $500 min still ok

Visa 10% for online foreign spend and wine and dine. Master 10% for travel and beauty and wellness

galacticnick

Reaction score
the new rebate scheme just isn't well-thought-out. a single air ticket and/or hotel stay would easily exceed $600.

Verbatin

Reaction score
It’s a well thought out plan much to our dismay. it's tedious to chalk 8 transactions but their purpose is force you to spend on other things. without this condition, everyone will just spend everything on travelling and they cant make money giving you 10%. so they have to cap it at $600 and include other condition for you to spend 8 transaction on other things

if I have to book ticket in a particular month, I will just go Vbox and pay my telecoms bill 8 times of $30 each

the new rebate scheme just isn't well-thought-out. a single air ticket and/or hotel stay would easily exceed $600.

Last edited:

galacticnick

Reaction score
It’s a well thought out plan much to our dismay. it's tedious to chalk 8 transactions but their purpose is force you to spend on other things. without this condition, everyone will just spend everything on travelling and they cant make money giving you 10%. so they have to cap it at $600 and include other condition for you to spend 8 transaction on other things

if I have to book ticket in a particular month, I will just go Vbox and pay my telecoms bill 8 times of $30 each

it'd be a well-thought-out plan only if consumers took the bait. the 'combination of the minimum-8-transactions-of-at-least-$30-each condition and rebate categories (travel and beauty & wellness) would, I imagine, put off the average consumer from signing up in the first place. by comparison, their revamped visa signature card, which I just applied for, looks far more attractive. it is highly possible for an average consumer to chalk up at least eight transactions of at least $30 each purely on dining and online transactions (in foreign currency), while capping the total spend at around $600 to maximize the rebates earned.

jertkw1987

Reaction score
just buy air tix and use 7 x $30 to purchase capitalland mall or ntuc vouchers. I think its a great deal.

paurusu

Reaction score
it'd be a well-thought-out plan only if consumers took the bait. the 'combination of the minimum-8-transactions-of-at-least-$30-each condition and rebate categories (travel and beauty & wellness) would, I imagine, put off the average consumer from signing up in the first place. by comparison, their revamped visa signature card, which I just applied for, looks far more attractive. it is highly possible for an average consumer to chalk up at least eight transactions of at least $30 each purely on dining and online transactions (in foreign currency), while capping the total spend at around $600 to maximize the rebates earned.

There's herd mentality and "ah, benefit not bad" thought when people signing up the cards.
A lot of (most) people are not as calculative as people in this forum section.

Verbatin

Reaction score
I think purchase NTUC not so worth it as some other card give 5%. better to pay telecoms bill online. do 8 times at your own pace. go NTUC need to queue and the counter might not want to swipe a few time for u

just buy air tix and use 7 x $30 to purchase capitalland mall or ntuc vouchers. I think its a great deal.

Verbatin

Reaction score
if too many customers took the bait (meaning the benefit is good and easy to achieve), the card benefit will die sooner and the bank will not be making money. which I why I think is a well thought plan

benefit must be good and yet at the same time should not be too easy to achieve. I think the bank took this into consideration

Last edited:

jertkw1987

Reaction score
I will spend around $700AUD for hotel fee(claimable by company) and get the 10% cash rebate + 1.4% waiver for foreign currency. As mentioned by many people, the 8 x $30 transaction is quite troublesome. Is there any other cards that I am missing out that will provide a benefit from what i am intending?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.