Proposal Ring - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_hero

Reaction score
Apologies bros & sis. My first post in HWZ.

Went to JP last week, and realised I need to book an appointment prior to the session. However, the staffs were still very willing to serve me despite without the appointment.

Anyway, I am planning to propose in May/Jun, and I have a budget of 3.5k. I remembered I was quoted about 4+k for 0.4ct, G, super ideal.

Any comments bros & sis?

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
can go n talk about fire n sparks... but end of the day the size is the main focus.
maybe now say won't upgrade but later on.... lol

get a triple EX from GIA cert (try to select better ones) and its enough.
go until super ideal (not sure if its AGS 0) n 4k+ for a 0.4+.... i don't think its worth it. VVS..VS is ok ma unless x-man eyes? last time also bought vvs, now vs is gd enough

if their settings is cheap (1.1k for that design is v reasonable?) then if give n take can consider

Last edited:

1000smiles

Reaction score

Went to JP last week, and realised I need to book an appointment prior to the session. However, the staffs were still very willing to serve me despite without the appointment.

Anyway, I am planning to propose in May/Jun, and I have a budget of 3.5k. I remembered I was quoted about 4+k for 0.4ct, G, super ideal.

Any comments bros & sis?

My friend just bought their super ideal cut 0.4ct F VS2 in the 2k+ range le. You mind sharing how yours is 4+k?

kira1984

Reaction score

Any comments bros & sis?

Hmmm... Mine is 0.49 ct, vvs 2, d Color brellia is quoted 4k +

LauraTTT

Reaction score
Just got quoted 0.81 carat F forgot which clarity for $10,700. Does it sound reasonable that 0.8 carats are now in the tens? :(

Diamond prices start jumping a lot beyond 0.7c I believe. I think 0.81c is slightly ex for 10.7k. Perhaps try dropping clarity and Colour to get a better price. JP quoted 12.8k for my 0.88 c. Additional 1.1k for setting, thought it was way out of budget. In the end I got a 0.9c with setting for 10k. HCA score was 1.2. Do shop around for get a better sense of the market rates, though no two diamonds are the same. All the best!

lovedisorder

Reaction score
Diamond prices start jumping a lot beyond 0.7c I believe. I think 0.81c is slightly ex for 10.7k. Perhaps try dropping clarity and Colour to get a better price. JP quoted 12.8k for my 0.88 c. Additional 1.1k for setting, thought it was way out of budget. In the end I got a 0.9c with setting for 10k. HCA score was 1.2. Do shop around for get a better sense of the market rates, though no two diamonds are the same. All the best!

Thanks! May I know where did you get you 0.9 c from?? I'm just a bit upset because I saw from the thread that someone got quoted 9900 for 0.86 carat and 9600 for 0.81 carat.

hisGRIMness

Reaction score
Thanks! May I know where did you get you 0.9 c from?? I'm just a bit upset because I saw from the thread that someone got quoted 9900 for 0.86 carat and 9600 for 0.81 carat.

Do note that the quote i got for the 0.86 was for F VS1 SI.

If colour and clarity goes up. Every grade up on either side is 10% I think.

Symbol

Reaction score
Seeing all the discussion here makes me consider upgrading my diamond.
hehe :s13:

hahaha! go upgrade! tbh.. I'm alittle tempted myself.. I kinda like the Octagon. :s13: But if its an upgrade.. will become too big for her~ furthermore she still likes the Brellia more. lol.

Skywalker87

Reaction score

Mine sharing where did u het your quote for 0.81, 10k? And may i know whats the clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.