Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackgunner2

Reaction score
think this is very subjective. really depend on ur interest.
maybe u can list the places u plan to visit in each city, then we can better advise which one will make more economical sense or which is too rush/packed

I have recently been to Kumamoto and Nagasaki. Priority will be Nagasaki as they have much more to do from the atomic bomb musuem, peace park, gunkajima, mount inasa (amazing nighy view).

I personally don't find Kumamoto interesting.

Hi, thank you for your comments..

so previously i asked where to go if i had 2 days 1 night in kyushu. Turned out my friend backed out of our hokkaido trip, so I will be spending 10d 9n in kyushu.

Day 1,2: Fukuoka
Day 3: Beppu
Day 4,5: Kagoshima
Day 6,7: Kumamoto
Day 8,9: Nagasaki
Day 10: Leaving Japan

this will be the places I will be visiting in 3 weeks time.. I havent really plan exactly which places to travel to within the cities above but i have scanned through japan guide and found some places like mt aso to be perhaps less worthy of a visit since the crater cannot be seen now..

looking for any suggestions on places to see.. also, is it better to drive ard sakurajima?

i dont mind places that are 'off the beaten track'.. if anyone has recommendations, pls do comment.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your comments..

so previously i asked where to go if i had 2 days 1 night in kyushu. Turned out my friend backed out of our hokkaido trip, so I will be spending 10d 9n in kyushu.

Day 1,2: Fukuoka
Day 3: Beppu
Day 4,5: Kagoshima
Day 6,7: Kumamoto
Day 8,9: Nagasaki
Day 10: Leaving Japan

this will be the places I will be visiting in 3 weeks time.. I havent really plan exactly which places to travel to within the cities above but i have scanned through japan guide and found some places like mt aso to be perhaps less worthy of a visit since the crater cannot be seen now..

looking for any suggestions on places to see.. also, is it better to drive ard sakurajima?

i dont mind places that are 'off the beaten track'.. if anyone has recommendations, pls do comment.

actually the more iconic feature of mt aso is not the crater, but Komezuka, the cone shaped hill that is typically used pictures of mt aso.

kyushu is best explored by car. a lot of the nature spots are difficult to get to by public transport. maybe u can consider driving?

my trip report here for reference, but not driving trip :o
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/j...ima-northern-kyushu-22-oct-8-nov-2562372.html

think the only places that are a bit off the beaten track that i went is Tsujunkyo and Kikuchi Gorge. tt trip was my first time driving overseas, so only drove 1 day try try.

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone travelled in May / planning, likely after golden week?

How's the weather like? Worried about rain.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I assume you'll be flying in and out of Tokyo. To save money, consider taking advantage of ANA's Experience Japan fares. One way fare HND-HKD or CTS-HND is as low as 10,800 yen.
yes i checked that already. I check the JAL one. It is actually no different when I book from the international page (as in i check the price from SIN-HND +10800yen *2) vs (SIN-HKD, CTS-SIN) the price macham similar
Looking at my trip last year, NRT-CTS return on JetStar including 25kg baggage was ¥36440 for 2pax (¥9110/person/way).

blackgunner2

Reaction score
actually the more iconic feature of mt aso is not the crater, but Komezuka, the cone shaped hill that is typically used pictures of mt aso.

kyushu is best explored by car. a lot of the nature spots are difficult to get to by public transport. maybe u can consider driving?

my trip report here for reference, but not driving trip :o
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/j...ima-northern-kyushu-22-oct-8-nov-2562372.html

think the only places that are a bit off the beaten track that i went is Tsujunkyo and Kikuchi Gorge. tt trip was my first time driving overseas, so only drove 1 day try try.

thanks for sharing your trip itinerary.. will probably go to some of them.. but i read tsujunkyo will not be sprouting water from dec-mar so not sure if i would still be going there..

i would love to drive too but im going alone.. if i had a company, i wouldnt mind..

Hua_Hui

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendations for hotel in tokyo (i guess shinjuku area) and hokkaido?

if i want to stay in hotels near disneyland/sea which are preferred?

thanks.

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendations for hotel in tokyo (i guess shinjuku area) and hokkaido?

if i want to stay in hotels near disneyland/sea which are preferred?

thanks.

shinjuku: hilton, gracery, washington

sapporo: gracery, JR inn

Disneyland: hilton

black_hippo

Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,

Can you suggest a cheaper and yet effortless way to get to kyoto from tokyo without the shinkansen due to the expensive ticket?

Right now i'm thinking maybe i should fly to tokyo then change to a domestic jetstar flight to osaka and from osaka then get over to kyoto again.

Looking forward to your reply!

stars87

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,

Can you suggest a cheaper and yet effortless way to get to kyoto from tokyo without the shinkansen due to the expensive ticket?

Right now i'm thinking maybe i should fly to tokyo then change to a domestic jetstar flight to osaka and from osaka then get over to kyoto again.

Night bus
Seishun 18 ticket (if available during your date of travel)

Most value for money combo may be to take a cheap day bus (2200yen) to Nagoya, buy the kintetsu rail pass (3700yen) and board up the kintetsu ltd express to Osaka

dante-z

Master Member
Reaction score
if 2 weeks in tokyo , any recommendation for gd places to visit ? or should i plan 1 week for another place ?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,

Can try Puratto Shinkansen if you want.

http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/en/

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys/gals,

On Monday I'm taking this journey:

17:16
begin NARITA AIRPORT TERMINAL 1
LTD. EXP NARITA EXPRESS 40
18:18

18:40

transfer TOKYO
[ Arrival track No.2 / Departure track No.21 ]
SHINKANSEN HAKUTAKA 575
20:38

end IIYAMA

22min connection should be pretty reasonable. But ... am I right in assuming that there wouldn't be enough time to go hunt down an ekiben shop, choose a bento, pay for it, and still navigate to the shinkansen terminal on time?

Cos it's around dinner time, scared hungry leh. Better to just order something on the 2nd train?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys/gals,

On Monday I'm taking this journey:

22min connection should be pretty reasonable. But ... am I right in assuming that there wouldn't be enough time to go hunt down an ekiben shop, choose a bento, pay for it, and still navigate to the shinkansen terminal on time?

Cos it's around dinner time, scared hungry leh. Better to just order something on the 2nd train?

22 mins is okay if you do everything chop chop and there is no queue. If you can, buy your bento nearer to the shinkansen terminal... Better still on the shinkansen platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.