Faulty MSI GTX970 Graphics Card

soumyakantidatta

Reaction score
Hi,

The MSI GTX970 4GB Gaming DDR5 Graphics Card is causing a lot of issues in my desktop:
1. Causes problem in startup :(
2. Computer is dead slow and it becomes a pain to load frames after 20 mins into running :s11: (Runs like a breeze without the GPU)

I had brought in my PSU (Seasonic 650W Gold Modular) and my GPU for a check. You have already replaced my PSU, and had stated that the GPU is fine. But ever since, the GPU is causing more such problems. Can you please help me replace my GPU or do a more thorough testing/ replace the GPU.

Every single other part has been tested and no issues with any other component.

Couldn't thank you guys enough for understanding!

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi soumyakantidatta,

How was the start up without the GPU.
You mentioned that runs like a breeze w/o the GPU.
So it slows down when in windows using the 970?
Or are you referring to solely games?
Seldom windows loading speed is affected by GPU.
Please bring the card down for our guys to check and do describe the problem in detail so that they can try to mimic the issue. :)

Cheers.

soumyakantidatta

Reaction score
Hi,

Windows also slows down quite a lot with the 970. Games dont even start up properly.
I'll try to bring it now to you guys.

Thanks.

Hi soumyakantidatta,

How was the start up without the GPU.
You mentioned that runs like a breeze w/o the GPU.
So it slows down when in windows using the 970?
Or are you referring to solely games?
Seldom windows loading speed is affected by GPU.
Please bring the card down for our guys to check and do describe the problem in detail so that they can try to mimic the issue. :)

Cheers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.