APEC Business Travel card

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
applied 15 Jan 2015, checked the BM website, mostly pre-cleared. left a few to go

You have been pre-cleared by the following economies:
Singapore
Singapore
Australia
Brunei Darussalam
Chile
China (PRC)
Hong Kong (China)
Korea
Malaysia
New Zealand
Peru
PNG
Russia
Thailand
Vietnam

maybe another month or so for the rest, i don't know

Last edited:

ChaoJiBoomz

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure whether this will get any reply. Don't want to start another thread.

I saw one of the requirements that says Bona fide business persons (i.e. those who represent an economically-active business entity). Is there a definite meaning to this?

I do regional (Asia mostly) business development for a UK company, does that consider so?

jarvis

Master Member
Reaction score
Your company just write letter can already. I think there's a sample letter at the website. Otherwise just compose a simple one lah.

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just ask your company to write a letter will do
trust me, worth the $100. I save so much time in Vietnam and BKK
can use crew line in USA

Not sure whether this will get any reply. Don't want to start another thread.

I saw one of the requirements that says Bona fide business persons (i.e. those who represent an economically-active business entity). Is there a definite meaning to this?

I do regional (Asia mostly) business development for a UK company, does that consider so?

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can use crew lane in Melbourne. :)

BTW any experience to bring a friend with u using one card?

I heard sometimes the custom don't let even if its ur gf/wife + one kid. My boss say he famoly of 5 OK. No reject before. One wife plus him and 3kids.

chottohen

Reaction score
Can use crew lane in Melbourne. :)

BTW any experience to bring a friend with u using one card?

I heard sometimes the custom don't let even if its ur gf/wife + one kid. My boss say he famoly of 5 OK. No reject before. One wife plus him and 3kids.

Depends on country. I have used it in Japan and Vietnam before with family and friends, no issues.

I couldn't in Malaysia, though. Think sometimes gotta see their mood, too.

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
need to reapply again and pay $100 again.

FYI the card is tagged to your passport number.. so if you get a new passport before the expiry of your apec biz travel card, you also need to pay $100 and reapply a new apec card for your new passport number.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Ok thank you. For $100 and five years seems reasonable. It used to be three years only

CoolRock

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Travels frequently to conduct trade and investment activities in the APEC region"

How frequent is frequent? If not frequent, renew will fail?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.