*OFFICIAL* Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone experienced SCB reflect your portfolio wrongly?

I have transactions reflected in there that I did not do

you are leaving so much cash in your settlement account that people can use to do multiple trades?

normally i leave close to zero in SSA.

if funds are transferred from esaver to SSA, I will get sms alert.

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you are leaving so much cash in your settlement account that people can use to do multiple trades?

normally i leave close to zero in SSA.

if funds are transferred from esaver to SSA, I will get sms alert.

Left it there from the recent selling

many stop loss points triggered :(

Maeda_Toshiie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I finally have some time to start playing around with more accounts. Some questions.

1. I do not have any formal qualifications, but I have done trades before. Will I still be forced to go through some quiz to qualify?

2. The form allows the opening of settlement accounts for 10 markets.

a) Open all? (no reason not to?!)
b) I can only transfer the money from the SC's esaver to the settlement account for payment?
c) For foreign accounts, the bank's prevailing exchange rates apply? (I assume the bank will tell me how much to pay in SGD?)
d) What is the time limit to settle the payment?

3. To apply, I walk into any branch with the filled form, IC, and $1000 (+W8 BEN form), and I can get it done?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I finally have some time to start playing around with more accounts. Some questions.

1. I do not have any formal qualifications, but I have done trades before. Will I still be forced to go through some quiz to qualify?

the quiz online still need to be done no matter you hit the 3 conditions by scb or not. The quiz is by SGX or MAS requirements, not SCB.
Anyway, if you traded 6 times before, SCB part no issue liao.

b) I can only transfer the money from the SC's esaver to the settlement account for payment?
c) For foreign accounts, the bank's prevailing exchange rates apply? (I assume the bank will tell me how much to pay in SGD?)
I think it's 13 markets, open all, and b) yes, c) correct, it will ask you to confirm if you agree to the rate before you exchange so no worries, d) it's immediate, there is no delay. no 3 day or what.

3. To apply, I walk into any branch with the filled form, IC, and $1000 (+W8 BEN form), and I can get it done?

They have the forms, but if you filled it liao then just pass them lor.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes. You can state what trades you made though.

Yup. Most importantly open the USD account also...for the markets it's up to you but other than SGX, good to open US, London and Europe markets

Yup

Yup, there is a confirmation screen before you do the conversion. Do note the spread is equivalent to their credit card currency conversion rate, about 1 to 1.5% depending on currency.

You must deposit cash in before you trade, so you won't be asked to settle it at all

3. To apply, I walk into any branch with the filled form, IC,
and $1000 (+W8 BEN form), and I can get it done?

Yup. Eh W8-BEN the bank might provide though.

Answers in bold.

Last edited:

Maeda_Toshiie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the quiz online still need to be done no matter you hit the 3 conditions by scb or not. The quiz is by SGX or MAS requirements, not SCB.
Anyway, if you traded 6 times before, SCB part no issue liao.

I have a CDP account + a trading account at UOB Kay Hian that I made in 2011(?). I don't recall any quiz requirement. So this requirement is in place even for accounts on other securities firms?

I think it's 13 markets, open all, and b) yes, c) correct, it will ask you to confirm if you agree to the rate before you exchange so no worries, d) it's immediate, there is no delay. no 3 day or what.

They have the forms, but if you filled it liao then just pass them lor.

Right, so it is like those cash upfront kind of accounts? So the money should already be transferred into the securities account from the esavers.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have a CDP account + a trading account at UOB Kay Hian that I made in 2011(?). I don't recall any quiz requirement. So this requirement is in place even for accounts on other securities firms?
Yup. But I only did once when opening iOCBC. I guess you don't have to do liao.
You have already fulfilled everything. Just go open.

Right, so it is like those cash upfront kind of accounts? So the money should already be transferred into the securities account from the esavers.
Yup, that's right.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if i will continue buying through SCB anymore. such a mess.

Monday, 'A' call to inform me that my order went through and ask me if i wan to cancel. so i said i want to cancel since i bought through other platform

Tuesday (today) , saw the orders reflected on my SCB acc, called SCB . C answered. Asked C about the holding, how long it wil take to update since i request to cancel and told him abt A on Monday.C then said 1 or 2 working day as the brokerage is different department. All is well until....

on further investigating C said order is expired (from here on he nv said anything is being cancelled) and I replied back i had the holdings with the purchased amount and i told him about A again. then he check and said A is not from brokerage dept, dunno what department ??? he repeat back the same answer (at this point already blur:s11::s22:) How can expire yet i had the new amount of shares.

I ended the call since he can't explain it logically or an answer of any used.:mad:

log in my acc and saw the transaction ,same as bro Mancunian2, the trade is by call center.:vijayadmin:

damn annoyed. no idea what is happening. either A did/did not do her job ( no idea , seem like the cancellation wasn't shown on their system), or C is unsure or the whole thing is just badly managed

Updated: Got a called back from C, A did not help me to cancel as C said he checked with the brokerage department and there is no such request from me. so C helped me to send in the request to cancel. wonder what will happen if I did not call SCB today.

Now....WILL THE CANCELLATION BE SUCCESSFUL?:(

Last edited:

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Err not to put anyone down but if you didn't confirm that your cancel order was not processed, why you continue to buy on other platform? You really want the stock that badly to buy on that day?

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
That's scary... heng I never tio such thing... orders can anyhow do...
if huat then still ok, if market tank, who's gonna take responsibility...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.