[Project Throne] Gaming chairs, know what you're getting and what you are actually paying for

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[Project Throne] Secretlab vs DxRacer vs Generic Chair, get to know what you are paying for

Introduction

Note: This project started out two weeks ago from the day of this post, and it will take a course of additional one month worth of research to complete this project. The aim of this project is to educate the community on gaming chairs and to know better on what the materials are being used in gaming chairs. Also at the end of the day, to provide consumers a rough guide to choose the right chair. So we are here to see a couple of brands out there and how they stack up against each other.

This project will consist of 2 parts.

-Part 1 will consist mainly the physical differences and overall outlook of the chairs. Also providing quotes from other people (visitors/guest) whom came to my house and give their own personal opinions and comments on all the three chairs.

-Part 2 will be dissecting all the chairs to take a deeper look into what are they actually made of.

How this project happened?

During Christmas period in 2015, there is actually some Qoo10 sellers selling generic gaming chair that looks pretty much identical to what Secretlab and DXRacer has to offer. So something came across my mind, and that was to do a research on all three different chairs. To do a benchmark on all the three chairs and to evaluate the materials being used. At the same time to get consumers to know what they are getting and what they are actually paying for.

Few months back, after doing the review of the Secretlab Omega (which can be found here), there were many people whom have asked for a comparisons between what Secretlab and DXRacer. So here I am, doing a research exclusively for HWC/HWZ people.

I went on to purchased the generic chair from Qoo10 with my own money. After which i went around asking my friends if they do own a gaming chair. After looking around and found a friend of mine whom actually have the DXRacer F series and he no longer needs it as he has a newer chair. So for that, a big thanks to you bro!

So here are the contestants. From left to right, the Qoo10 generic chair, DXRacer F Series, and lastly the Omega Classic.

How does this benchmark works?

I will benchmark all the chairs. These chairs are priced at around the same category, between $3xx- $4xx range, and compare it against the Qoo10 generic chair. At the end of it, we will be looking at a features comparison chart. All three Secretlab vs DxRacer vs some generic chair.

To start off, I will be comparing the DXRacer F Series, the Omega and the Qoo10 generic chair.

DXRacer F Series $550 or $470 [Parallel Import]

The DXRacer F Series is the entry level of DXRacer’s offering, but it is slightly more expensive than the Omega (at this point of time of this review). And a lot more expensive versus the V2 Throne that Secretlab has for an entry level. DXRacer have NO (I have to emphasize) official Singapore website. They do have only ONE official retailer selling their line ups, and for that the F Series is being sold at $550. But there are plenty of parallel importers selling the F Series slightly cheaper than the Omega at $470.

To start off, when I first sat on the F series, the first impression that I have gotten was, it resembled the feel of my older V1 Throne from Secretlab. Of cause the F Series came out earlier than the V1 Throne, there were something about this F series that came out slightly better than the V1 Throne that i had previously. The cushion is slightly firmer, and a little tougher than the V1 Throne that i sat on.

However the frame of the chair is definitely different from the V1. The frame is definitely not for bigger frame person like me. Most of the time the frame at the top portion of the back rest are found touching/hugging my shoulder arms. It is definitely designed for smaller frame people.

The arm rest took me by surprised, it ONLY offers height adjustment. There is no way to adjust sideways, or even move inwards or outwards. I found that the arm rest the F Series opted for a soft rubber based materials, which found to be “spongy” feel, it somehow felt comfortable to rest my arms on it.

Moving on to the base of the legs, it is a brushed aluminum base. The legs are definitely sturdy and heavy. The F Series added a plastic feet rest on the tip of the legs, which in my honest opinion, it felt crappy. It is actually uncomfortable to rest my feet on it. Its hard and totally not comfortable. They should have opted for a rubber base material instead of plastic.

A closer look on the plastic feet rest.

Now the unique thing about DXRacer chairs have in common is the reclining mechanism. It is able to recline all the way to the back of “almost” 180deg. Is it a good thing? Well somehow, it isn’t that good for my backbone, most of the time the centre of the chair meets the tail of my backbone. And it is somehow pushing against my backbone, making me having an arc on my backbone. Which can be quite painful after a period of time lying down.

Hydraulics were fine, according to DXRacer’s webpage, they are using the 4 star Hydraulics “a term used by them” which is actually a Class 4 Hydraulics.

Now to the base cushion of the chair. It is somewhat firmer and also somewhat tougher. But however, although it is tougher and firmer, I find it uncomfortable after a period of time. I guess it may not suite me, but I guess that it is more of a personal preferences, and I am sure that there are people whom actually will appreciate it more than me. Rest assure, it is definitely build to last. The foam used, is far from being out of shape or would sink in any time soon.

Lastly the tilting mechanism is a basic one that is similar to any generic PC chair and the imitation Qoo10 gaming chair. Overall the DXRacer F Series no doubt is very well balanced.

Secretlab Omega $499

The Omega is a chair out of the league when compared to those two chairs. Considering that it is classified under a premium category of what Secretlab has offered. It has more functions than what the other two chairs has to offer.

When i first gotten the Omega, it weighs like a tank. The Omega feels solid as it is. It is a lot more sturdier and also the overall stability of the Omega is superb.

It is designed for people with bigger frame. It has this wide seat frame that allows bigger frame users to sit comfortably.

Another thing i have to stress about is the tilting mechanism found in the Omega. It is so smooth that tilting it is easy and without needing to recline and lock in any position as well.

Just a recap, the Omega has a tilt lock mechanism on the left side. Unlike the other two, it is just a generic tilt lock. Which is not as easy to lock than the Omega.

The arm rest Secretlab have implemented a new feature known as the 4Directional (4D) arm rest, it was also found to have a much larger base than the other two. It is made of rubber, but this time round it’s a little tougher than the other two. So it is not as comfortable as the other two but I enjoyed the larger arm rest. Overall it is able to tilt left and right, move forward and backward, shift left or right, lastly up or down.

Moving to the base of the legs, it is made of aluminium, this is probably the first chair that Secretlab have implemented in their current new line up together with the V2 Throne. Back then the V1 was made of plastic frame. It has improved a lot, it is a lot more heavier and also a lot more sturdier. Although the Omega did not come with an extra feet rest, as it is being aluminium, it felt cool and comfortable on my feet and somehow the feeling of resting my feet on it is a lot more comfortable than the DXRacer F Series. I find myself an addict resting my feet on it.

The reclining back rest won’t go as low as the DXRacer F Series, but it is definitely enough,. I did rest on the Omega after a period of long hours gaming. And the back rest did not push my backbone upwards as compared to the DXRacer F Series, it is probably due to Omega was not able to recline as much as the DXRacer F Series. So for that i consider a plus for comfort.

Hydraulics, just like the DXRacer F Series, are equipped with Class 4 Hydraulics.

And lastly the cushion base of the chair, the cushion found on the Omega is far much more thicker and firmer than the other two. Even the back rest is a whole thick foam by itself.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qoo10 Generic Gaming Chair $130-$200

Now, the moment of truth, the Qoo10 Imitation Gaming Chair that everyone is asking about. To those whom thinks that it will probably be like how the other known brands are offering, you are so wrong. Before reading further, this will be the most hatred description for this chair ever. Pardon me if it sounds more like a complain.

The imitation chair that was sold in Qoo10 came prefixed. The base cushion and the backrest was already fixed in the box. The chair was shipped with close to minimal protection and poor packaging. The base cushion and the back rest was forced to almost a 180deg angle, forcing the back rest beyond its normal position. The plastic covers that were supposed to cover the reclining mechanism came slightly bent and went out of shape. However the nightmare was not over. The back rest was not able to go back to its upright position, it got stuck. After some forcing, the back rest managed to return to its upright position.

The legs, casters, arm rest and the hydraulics are not assembled together. Ok I have to admit, i may sound harsh on this, but it has to be make known. It came half assembled, and it came provided with a manual in Chinese and has far too little descriptions on it. If i was not a handyman, i would have a hard time understanding how to fix it up myself. The manual is far from readable, there were no proper instructions on which bolts and screws were used on which part of the chair. It became like a complete jigsaw puzzle for me to fix it up.

Here are the instructions

I also noticed that there were no washers provided, washers are very important, and they have excluded it, and it is needed as chairs are being moved around most of the time, having vibrations with this chair will cause the screws to become loose and drop off easily through time. The screws provided were not any steel screws, it was simply low grade.

Moving on after fixing the chair, the first thing when I sat on it, it was totally off balanced. I suspected that it was due to the tilt mechanism that was position in an oddly manner. Unlike the other two chairs, it was positioned at a far back of the base of the chair.

There are times when I sat at the front base cushion, it tilted forward and I fell once because of that.

Before i continue further, lets take a closer look at the positions of the tilting mechanism.

The DXRacer F Series

It was found to be slightly to the back but not as far as the Qoo10 Gaming Chair. And it has a wider base than the Qoo10 Gaming Chair.

The Omega

It is different than the other two chairs. It is actually the entire base cushion of the chair. It is using like a H Frame, but it is found to be at a forward position.

The Qoo10 Gaming Chair

It was found all the way to the back. Noticed something? They are using wood for the base, which is gonna be extremely hot and not breathable as compared to the other two the Omega and the F Series which wood was not present, instead it was stuffed with much more thicker foam and with "suspenders" are being used to reinforce the base. This helps in maintaining breath-ability to help maintain coolness while siting on it.

The arm rest is found to be much softer than any of the other two. It is so soft that when I rest my arms on it, it forms the shape of my arm or elbow. Surprisingly the arm rest that came with this chair is actually the same offering of the V1 Throne. It can height adjust, it can tilt left and right. Honestly speaking this Qoo10 offering on its arm rest is slightly better than the F Series from DXRacer.

Now moving on to the base legs. It is made of cheap light aluminium. I suspected that they had very little alloy mixed on it. It is by far the worse base legs I have ever seen, it is hollow, and it is light. Moving the chair around gives me a creek, it is extremely noisy, and it is rattling. The feet rest is retarded, it is totally not comfortable to rest on it, and it is definitely very slippery. At times I find my feet slipping off the leg rest.

A couple of days later, the casters have failed to move smoothly on the floor. The base legs were off balance and eventually all the casters have jammed up each time I tried to maneuver the chair. And because of it being all jammed up, it makes the chair tilt forward or sideways each time I maneuver the chair. And at times the chair just topple off.

Below are the failing casters, noticed something? The casters jammed up so badly that the wheels are coming off apart.

Hydraulics are not even graded, it is more like a cheap Hydraulics which at times jammed up while moving upwards or downwards. (More pics when dissecting the chair in part 2) Do be careful when it comes to hydraulics because once it fails, it will be a dead end for most chairs, as most companies would not offer to support for it.

Moving to the cushion base, it is by far the worse I have ever sat on. It is sinking and very thin, and it is not made of one whole piece, it was separated into two portion. I’m not sure why they did that, and when I sat on it, I found out that the cushion sank in due to it being two portions.

This is a complete ripped off chair, and totally not worth buying it. It is not safe for sitting, and it is completely different from any of the two known brands has to offer.

It can't even be classified under the entry level chair. In fact an Ikea chair is by far, the best chair that one could get versus the Qoo10 Gaming chair. And furthermore with Ikea warranty covered.

Lets move on to those guest that sat on each chairs and gave their thoughts on it.

Guest Thoughts

Names used are not real.

The DXRacer F Series

Brandon weighs 85kg says: "It is uncomfortable, it tugs my upper arms and it is irritating as i could not lean all the way back as my arms are pushing forward instead."

Nicole says: "It feels just like a racer chair, cushion felt hard, but i love it"

Jessie is 164cm tall says: "I'm too short for it, this chair is taller than me and very uncomfortable for my head"

Frankie says: "I felt like there is something missing, where is the gear stick?"

Tan says: "Too hard for my ka cheng"

The Omega

Brandon says: "It is remarkably stronger and it did not sway like how the DXRacer F Series sway. Approved chop stamp good"

Nicole says: "No, don't really like it as it is too big for my size"

Jessie says: IT IS STILL TOO TALL FOR MEEEE!!"

Frankie says: "Damn what have i been siting at home? It is way better and extremely nice to rock"

Tan says: "Very heavy, very sturdy, smooth, good"

The Qoo10 Gaming Chair

Brandon says: "Oh my! The chair cannot bring back upwards."

Nicole says: "Hmm, seems comfortable, but how come the cushion like got two pieces sinking inwards?"

Jessie says: "It is still too tall for me, and the head pillow is a joke."

Frankie says: "The chair topple when i tried to maneuver it, definitely not good and not safe for me."

Tan says: "Not safe, very hard to maneuver, keep toppling, this is not a chair for old folks like me."

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Craftsmanship

As for the stitches found on all the three chairs, they are very different in how they are being sewn in.

The DXRacer F Series

The F Series stitches were very well concealed. It tugged in neatly and it did not over stretched any PU Leather. Overall it is well concealed and very neat.

The Omega

It looks gorgeous, it is well sewn in, and extremely neat.

The Qoo10 Gaming Chair

This chair is way worse than the other two has to offer. It did stitched up, but however the PU Leather are tearing apart, and it looks like its gonna tear any time soon. The PU Leather is made of poor quality, and it is only going to get worse if the leather is being stretched.

Features Chart

Here are the summarised of all the features of all the 3 chairs. If i get hold of the V2 Throne, i would probably add in.

From the chart, the Omega since it is a premium chair, it managed to tick all the features chart. Next is the DXRacer F Series which has a feet rest pad, and less a multi tilt lock mechanism, and a 4 Directional arm rest which is present in the Omega. And the last place comes in the Qoo10 chair. Which is totally "off the chart" pun intended.

Thoughts & Conclusion Part 1

This brings to a conclusion for part 1. All three chairs were made differently. Each have its very own unique features that they have to offer. But sometimes, a price of a chair that is far too cheap, could be too cheap to be true. From this we can see that there are ways that generic gaming chairs like Qoo10 is selling is a far fetch from what Secretlab and DXRacer has to offer. They have found ways to cut cost somewhere and they compromise things and materials being used. This is to make sure that their cost are at all time low, trying to compete in market. It can be cheap, but it is a total waste of money to even consider buying it at $129. It does not even last a week before things starts to break apart. Lastly safety has been compromised when using the Qoo10 gaming chair. Which any users might end up with medical attention needed.

The Omega stands out from the rest of the chairs. But there is a reason why the chair is being benchmark here. It is due to the fact of its pricing. At $499, the Omega is considered as the most value for money, considering what it has to offer. As compared to the DXRacer F Series, it offers nothing much than what the Omega has to offer. Partly due to DXRacer F Series is not its main chair for comparisons. But however the price even after discount, is sold at $499 equivalent to the Omega. Hence naturally, the price/features, i will highly recommend to go for the Omega instead. It is by far the best chair for its price.

Warranty wise, despite that the DXRacer F Series do have parallel import, and they are bringing in and selling at $470, it is just $29 away from the local stocks and the Omega. With that, it is totally worthless to go for parallel import. Not only the lack of warranty support from parallel importers. The savings aren't that substantial, especially when the Omega and F Series local stocks are just $29 away with 2 years warranty.

For the time being, the price, features, overall warranty support and pricing. I have to admit the Omega takes the crown. It offers more features, overall 2 year warranty support, the price point at $499, and lastly the build quality of it. It is a no brainer to choose the Omega versus the other two chairs.

Like i have mentioned to others before, choices of chairs are always personal preference. It is a large pool of different customers that has different needs. There is no way to satisfy everyone. For me i chose the Omega because of what i know and what it is capable of. It checked most of the boxes and it is my preferred and recommended chair.

However, a bad chair out of the box can be a disaster. Not only if people whom do not know that those Qoo10 sellers are selling imitation chairs and thought that it will provide like what Secretlab or DXRacer has to offer. It will end up being a nightmare. They are better off buying an Ikea office chairs than the ones sold on Qoo10. At least we know that Ikea comes with warranty coverage.

It took me by surprise as the imitation chairs does not even have safety features. Which is totally dangerous to sit on and it is not worth the price even it is at $99, $120 or more.

Lastly, do not get me wrong. The purpose of this thread here is to see what are you are actually getting, and what are you actually paying for. It is not the final conclusion till Part 2 comes in. We will see more in part 2 when their chairs when are being dissected.

End of Part 1. Part 2 after CNY.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Part 2, Ripping it apart

Alright, finally managed to find some time to finish of what i have started. Sorry for the delays.

Part 2 is more about dissecting the chairs and to know what kind of materials being used. Since i have all three chairs with me, there was an issue on how am i gonna cut open my Omega. I did not want to cut open my own Omega and at the end of the day i do not have a chair to sit on ever again.

So what i'm gonna do right now is to ask Secretlab on whether do they have any damaged/rejected/spare or sample Omega chair that is good enough to do this project, and see if they could sell/donate to me. So for now i would probably wait for their response and see how it goes from there.

Updates: Secretlab has agreed to provide the rejected spare base cushion, and back rest for the Omega.

So lets begin. Secretlab vs dxracer, and the generic chair.

DXRacer F Series base seat

The first thing i noticed when i sliced open the base cushion, it was a little harder to sliced. It is actually quite thick.

Once it was cut across it revealed a high density cold core foam

Managed to cut open at the back of the cushion base. Here is a closer look on what it looks like. Now moving on to the sides of the cushion, again it revealed the base side frames are using high density cold core foam. It is actually empty and only covered by leather.

Removing the base foam revealed the bottom base are using high tension straps. This is the reason that allows your bottoms to stay breathable. It is not blocked by any form of medium such as wood that were found in the Qoo10 chair.

DXRacer F Series Back Rest

Moving on to the back rest, stripping the top portion was a little more tougher than the base. In this picture, you can see that the back rest is using a high density cold core foam, but this time round it is using thin padding. But i doubt the foam found on the back rest of this chair will be any thicker than the Omega. Time will tell soon...

Upon removing the back rest foam, it revealed the back support, it is supported by high density cold core foam WITH high tension straps and tubings. This adds the overall sturdiness of the back rest for the F Series. And allows the back to breathe overall.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Generic" Chair

This may cause a little discomfort.

Generic chair base seat

Cutting open the generic chair is pretty much easier than the F Series. It is far too easy to cut open as the leather is pretty much splits open easily when i first thrust my knife in. It is definitely not PU Leather, it is very thin. It feels more like PVC or other kinds of cheap materials being used. As you can see, it is no where near the F Series PU Leather being used.

Removing the base cover reveals a plastic wrapping. The plastic wrapping serves a protection layer for the foam. Once removed it reveals a poor quality foam. It is not in any form of high density cold core foam. This is found mostly used in packing parcels kind of foam. As the results, this is one reason why the generic chair foam compressed easily. As for the side base frames, they are using a poorly molded foam, and using their "PU leather" to hold the side base frame together. It offers the same as F Series, but the F Series is using a high density cold core foam instead.

Now removing the base cushion foam, revealed a shocking truth of the generic chair, recycled wood was found. The wood used were moldy, the wood has chipped off at the bottom corner. Using of wood is actually fine, it is supposed to be a much more sturdier base BUT it is much hotter to sit on it. No air could pass through the bottom. And hence after a period of time, users bottoms will feel hot. Another concerns that i have is the recycled wood being used. Termites or ticks MAY occur with those used woods being mouldy. This also means that the seat will not be able to conform to the body. The wood is supposed to be used to support the low quality foam. But from the looks of it, it might not last.

There are bolts that appears to be coming from the arm rest. Which is coming in from the bottom of the chair. Staples were used to fasten the "leather" onto the wood. Which would probably be loosen after a period of usage.

Moving on to the back rest

Generic chair Back Rest

Cutting up the back rest was simple. It revealed a thick but low density foam being used for the back rest. It is thicker than the F Series but it is low density and most probably it wont last in a long run.

Removing the back rest foam revealed a shocking "bare bone" back rest. There is totally NO high tension straps. It is made of rods weld together and formed like a H Frame. And to skimp further, not allowing others to know what they are using for the back rest, they cheated by using extra foam paddings on the H Frame metal joints. That explains why at first i could not feel the back frame of the generic chair before dissecting.

An overall look of the whole back rest

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Omega

Last but not least, the Omega.

The Omega base cushion

The first thing i noticed when cutting open the Omega was that, the layer of PU leather is MUCH tougher than i thought. Its much more thicker than the F series and of cause the generic chairs.

As you can see the PU leather from the following pic is thicker than the rest.

Once removed you will see the base cushion made of well molded cold core foam. It is extremely dense. In fact it is much more dense than the other two. And hence for some people whom actually said that the Omega base cushion was harder and firmer, yes it is.

Apart from that, after a hard time removing the base cushion, i went on to cut open the side cushion. It is also extremly hard to remove it.

As you can see, once cut opened, unlike the other two chairs where the side cushion was just nothing, just a cold cut foam and a leather pulled in to hold and form the shape of the side cushion. The Omega is different. It is packed with a cold core foam by itself. That is a whole piece to it and covered by the PU leather.

Now moving on, once the base foam has been cut, it revealed the bottom of the base, which is using high tension straps such as the one found in the F series.

The Omega back rest

The back rest is rather interesting. The Omega has a much more thicker cold core foam than the other two. In fact it is a whole piece by itself. And hence it felt much more sturdier than the other two.

Once dissected. It revealed two portions of the foam. One at the back rest, and the other is the frame of the back rest. It also revealed the back rest is using the high tension straps just like the F series.

The PU leather was holding along the sides of the frame.

For being a thick cold core foam for back rest and also the high tension straps were being used, it is a lot more solid, firmer and sturdier. Somehow thats the reason why the Omega is a lot more comfortable to rest on.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Final thoughts and Conclusion

Finally, after a long journey it is time to come up with a conclusion. This project is to educate the hardware community on how does chairs actually stacks up against each other. As we all knows that chairs are pretty much subjective. There is no perfect chair for everyone. Chairs are made to different comfort level for different people. To some people, they feel comfortable with just sitting on a stool, while some others whom have back problems may need a much more ergonomic chairs. Or to some, a good chair is needed for long hours of gaming. Etc. Now, the purpose of this project was to help in decision making on choosing the right chair.

As for the generic chairs. I have to stress that buying a cheap chairs such as the generic chairs are simply not worth it. When a chair is too cheap to be true, companies tends to cut corners somewhere. As such, it usually skimps on materials and also the build quality suffers accordingly. Making the overall experience not pleasant. If the generic chair cost $129, it is totally not worth the materials being used. You are better off buying chairs such as from Ikea.

Now for Secretlab and DXRacer, they are of a same standards. The way they are build, the materials used arent that far apart from each other. What DXRacer has, Secretlab has vice versa. Just different series, different pricing.

But for some reason, the DXRacer priced their chairs much more than Secretlab. Just for an instance the F series even with promotions ongoing are selling at $499. Which is the same price as the Omega. Personally after opening up those chairs, i honestly would go for the Omega instead. The F series at that price is no match for what the Omega is offering.

Price aside, warranty claims for all Secretlab chairs are done locally. Which covers any manufacturing defects. Also being a local company, the recovery time for any defects are being handle promptly on site.

DXRacer, IF it is a non official retailers in Singapore, the chances for support are minimal. One might need to go through a RMA process on their own. So look out for parallel importers. In Singapore there is only one official reseller. So buy from the correct reseller.

As for the generic chairs, the warranty is as good as no warranty support. 7 days is all you got. Any thing went wrong, you are pretty much on your own. The money paid totally not worth the price.

So to conclude, buy a chair that caters to your needs. A good chair goes a long way. Do not buy too cheap to be true chairs. You might ended up being short changed, and yet doesnt really last long. For that this project has come to a closure. Once again thanks everyone for viewing!

Last edited:

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really look forward to this as I'm getting the omega before CNY.
Your thread may poison me further ;)

With that said I was also made known of those imitations on the market and thought eh... Something must be wrong, or is it not?

Friend claimed those imitations are the same chairs (parts and all) from same factory as those by Secretlab. I obviously wasn't convinced of this as he had no convincing facts, though things are likely to be from china anyway.

Recently went to showroom (one hell of a way locating the exact "b-central" building...)

I sat on the V2 and instantly noticed about the left and right of the middle back rest not providing any cushion support.

Over to omega and the area I rest my ass wasn't as comfortable as V2 (subjective views on this) but still okay as the it's provided with the tilt mechanism and cushioned back rest.

My 2C.

Up for ya Roy! :s12:

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
This should be good. Is this the ~$120 one? $99 + $25 iirc.

Hope this would be similar to the Korean monitors to the world of 1440p and 4K monitors.

Won't be surprised if the quality and performance of the chair is very similar. Most of these chairs come from a particular OEM and are marked up considerably.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really look forward to this as I'm getting the omega before CNY.
Your thread may poison me further ;)

With that said I was also made known of those imitations on the market and thought eh... Something must be wrong, or is it not?

Friend claimed those imitations are the same chairs (parts and all) from same factory as those by Secretlab. I obviously wasn't convinced of this as he had no convincing facts, though things are likely to be from china anyway.

Recently went to showroom (one hell of a way locating the exact "b-central" building...)

I sat on the V2 and instantly noticed about the left and right of the middle back rest not providing any cushion support.

Over to omega and the area I rest my ass wasn't as comfortable as V2 (subjective views on this) but still okay as the it's provided with the tilt mechanism and cushioned back rest.

My 2C.

Up for ya Roy! :s12:

Yeap, thanks for the interest! Stay tuned!

Those Qoo10 sellers tbh, during Christmas period, those sellers actually copied every single text from Secretlab webpage. Word by word, and its going for 1/3 the price of what the original Secretlab is selling.

Rest assured, what Qoo10 is selling, it is far from what Secretlab has.

weione

Reaction score
Oh my,
Looking forward to this review to help in my decision making for a chair! :s12:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I find the foam a little too firm on the Omega, and bear in mind I'm saying this as a user, not just a single-try criticism.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.