learning japanese

natsuoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you 先輩たち, now I know how to identify! :)

You are using a book that I use also! :D
Japanese for busy people 2 textbook
2020-japanese-for-busy-people-ii-textbook.jpg

Cool! ;) are you taking classes and which level are you at? I took classes some years back and taken n5 only.. Now study on my own and see if I wanna continue taking exams or not, or just study for fun haha.. Seems like all given back to sensei lol

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cool! ;) are you taking classes and which level are you at? I took classes some years back and taken n5 only.. Now study on my own and see if I wanna continue taking exams or not, or just study for fun haha.. Seems like all given back to sensei lol

I used these books when I was self-studying in my days. Nowadays I used these for reference in some introductory classes. :D

Toast A La Plunger

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
こんばんは

日本語のプロダクション練習は特にやっていないから文句の言葉遣いはちょっと不自然かもしれないけど

「人間失格」を読んでた人がいるんですか?少しのライトノベルを読めた事があるですけど、もしいるとしたら難易度はどれくらい高いのを教えてくれないですか?この古典はいい評判を持ってるので、面白い読書練習と思ってきた。

よろしくおねがいします~

Janetsk

Reaction score
どんな時どう使う日本語表現文型500

Can I use どんな時どう使う日本語表現文型500 to prepare for N1 or do I have to use it together with the Kanzen Master series or just the Kanzen Master series would do?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I use どんな時どう使う日本語表現文型500 to prepare for N1 or do I have to use it together with the Kanzen Master series or just the Kanzen Master series would do?

どんなとき is a good book to use. would recommend that to get a overall view of N1-N3 grammar. I`ve been using that book in my private N1 class.

U might need Kanzen Master to supplement some of the explanation inside.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought this time round, the N1 was kinda crazy... my student missed by 1 mark (99/180) for N1... 本当に惜しかったです。

darkhonour

Reaction score
こんばんは

日本語のプロダクション練習は特にやっていないから文句の言葉遣いはちょっと不自然かもしれないけど

「人間失格」を読んでた人がいるんですか?少しのライトノベルを読めた事があるですけど、もしいるとしたら難易度はどれくらい高いのを教えてくれないですか?この古典はいい評判を持ってるので、面白い読書練習と思ってきた。

よろしくおねがいします~

「人間失格」か。。ネットで見たことがありますね。
日本にいる間に何度も考えていた言葉ですけど。
もちろん、日本の挨拶文化になかなか慣れない自分のことを指しますが。

がんばればN2からライトノベルは読めると思うけど、わからない単語が多くて少し辛いかもしれません。
古典なら、N1を勉強しながら読んだほうがいいと思います。
ついでにN1対象の文法もすぐに把握できますので。

取り急ぎ。

jiahao99

Reaction score
Hi guys im have zero knowledge on japanese but im interested to learn it during my free time (currently serving ns). Im now looking at hougang japanese school or ikoma for lessons because of their location, which would be a better choice for me? Thanks :)

yuukiXkaname

Reaction score
Just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped! I passed my N5 through self-studying(had to stop a little due to other commitments though and didn't manage to finish the whole Genki book 1). Nevertheless I passed it.

Gonna continue to study and hopefully can sit for N4 this July. Thanks for all the help and hopefully I can continue to ask questions about stuff I don't really understand.

Thanks a lot everyone! I got 136/180 and scored As in all my sections: Vocab, Grammar and Reading. Not very good I know, but it's pretty much what I can do with all the time I had and the resources I can get. Looking to improve in any way I can!

Special thanks to dimitri sensei for his notes during the one session I attended and his advice on which books I should get. Of cos not forgetting the people here who were really helpful in answering all my questions!

Last edited:

Toast A La Plunger

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just my $0.05... I have heard nothing but good things about Shin Kanzen Master books :)

Toast A La Plunger

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
「人間失格」か。。ネットで見たことがありますね。
日本にいる間に何度も考えていた言葉ですけど。
もちろん、日本の挨拶文化になかなか慣れない自分のことを指しますが。

がんばればN2からライトノベルは読めると思うけど、わからない単語が多くて少し辛いかもしれません。
古典なら、N1を勉強しながら読んだほうがいいと思います。
ついでにN1対象の文法もすぐに把握できますので。

取り急ぎ。
お返事ありがとうございます :)

日本語能力試験はして事ないなので、自分の水準はN1とかN2などあんまり解りませんだ(去年の12月前後はJ-CATをしたN2の標準を得たけど)。でも今週の日曜日で「まほろ駅前便利軒」を読んでみる時難易度はちょっと難しすぎるんだと思った。というよりはつまらないかな。素人の眼で古典と小説を読むならニュアンスとか意味はわかんないって事かもしれんな。

僕決めた。あなたのアドバイスを従うべきだろう。これからライトノベルもっと読もうぜ!(笑)

laeticia

Reaction score
hi all,

just would like some suggestions. I am thinking of learning Japanese. I have total zero background in Japanese language before.

Currently, I see that Bunka and inlingual's elementary courses are both registered with WDA, meaning that I can utilize my 500 dollars skills futures credits.

Wonder which is a better school, if there are any difference? Thanks!

Have you decided which school to join? I'm also planning to use my skills future credit to take up an elementary class. Hope to be able to recognise enough characters so that I can at least use a dictionary for my upcoming holiday.

blackmath

Reaction score
Hello, I'm planning to take up Japanese classes at Hougang and would like to ask if there are any current students here? I read somewhere that the centre uses photocopies of Japanese language textbook instead of giving the original textbook to students, is it true? Also, how is the teaching flow for the elementary 1 class, too slow or too fast (in your own opinion and pace)? Thanks a lot! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.