Parenthood Provisional Housing Scheme(PPHS) under HDB

needreader

Reaction score
anybody staying @ these flats ? wondering what condition these units are in ? really bare basic as in no kitchen

I stayed there. They only provide lightning, showering facilities and toilet bowl. You have to buy your own furniture and kitchen appliance. However, the rent for PPHS flat is much lower than market rate.

bearine

Reaction score
If anything faulty, can get the town council to repair. Including the fluorescent lights inside the house. If want to remove anything, have to reinstate when moving out.

drcotton

Reaction score
Hi, anybody know who can be listed in the application as occupiers? If my siblings want to stay with me can?

baymax

Suspended
Reaction score
not trying to be funny or what but from the pics on the hdb webby. it looks pretty bare right. All SOP comes like that ?

bearine

Reaction score
not trying to be funny or what but from the pics on the hdb webby. it looks pretty bare right. All SOP comes like that ?

Yup. It is bare. For mine, only had lights, sinks, toilet bowl, shower + heater unit. Internet box all these have to ownself get and install. Stove height is too low as well. Bedroom doors got creaking noise. The gap between the bedroom door to the floor is rather huge, same for the main door.

If dun like, going to change or amend, just make sure reinstate when move out.

Last edited:

bearine

Reaction score
Hi, anybody know who can be listed in the application as occupiers? If my siblings want to stay with me can?

Need to declare I think. But if not everyday, then dun need bah. I think the main thing is as long as u dun sublet for $$$.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stsying at Boon Lay drive. Boon Lay area got yuan ching road also. Boon Lay drive lease until apr 2017 only. Need to move if ur hdb not ready, very ma fan.
Hah? Issit? Moi bto completion is 4Q 2017 sia...

I alr applied for pphs. My only options are boonlay, yung kuang rd...

Edit: Eh bro i just noticed u also applied for skypeak right!!!

Sent from my Den Den Mushi without using GAGT

Last edited:

bearine

Reaction score
Ok sounds good.

How's the environment there ah at boonlay dr? I mean, you know... :s13:

Cons:
Hmmm, the people abit more "messier" there. Neighbours smoke, the smell somehow will get over to my unit, once in a while. But there are actually alot of young couple with kids there. When raining, the place very muddy there, but they are "refurbishing" the place there. There's cockroaches once in a while, maybe a monthly visit. Never seen that many in my entire life! So, get a higher unit if it's available. :(
Oh, and, strangely low (height) kitchen counter, after putting my temp cooking stove, it is still too low.

Pros:
Convenient. Even though to lakeside MRT only have 1 bus (240), but there's a 240P that operates during peak hours, waiting time not that long, generally will be able to get there in 10mins or less. If not, to Jurong Point, u have quite a few no. of buses. Supermarket(24hr) and eatery are just 3 mins away. Walking distance to police station (change address once moved).

Cheapest rental location, yet convenient. The place was built in 1978 (iirc), pretty old, but they revamped quite a bit. So, still liveable.

Last edited:

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cons:
Hmmm, the people abit more "messier" there. Neighbours smoke, the smell somehow will get over to my unit, once in a while. But there are actually alot of young couple with kids there. When raining, the place very muddy there, but they are "refurbishing" the place there. There's cockroaches once in a while, maybe a monthly visit. Never seen that many in my entire life! So, get a higher unit if it's available. :(
Oh, and, strangely low (height) kitchen counter, after putting my temp cooking stove, it is still too low.

Pros:
Convenient. Even though to lakeside MRT only have 1 bus (240), but there's a 240P that operates during peak hours, waiting time not that long, generally will be able to get there in 10mins or less. If not, to Jurong Point, u have quite a few no. of buses. Supermarket(24hr) and eatery are just 3 mins away. Walking distance to police station (change address once moved).

Cheapest rental location, yet convenient. The place was built in 1978 (iirc), pretty old, but they revamped quite a bit. So, still liveable.
Oh my cockroaches. Ew.

Yah seams pretty much the same as in the past. Wouldn't say it's a slum and still a slum, but I'd say the community there is quite 'lively'.

Are there still many vacancies there? On the hdb website say there's 7 vacancy slots So i hope there's higher floors that are vacant to choose from.

bearine

Reaction score
Oh my cockroaches. Ew.

Yah seams pretty much the same as in the past. Wouldn't say it's a slum and still a slum, but I'd say the community there is quite 'lively'.

Are there still many vacancies there? On the hdb website say there's 7 vacancy slots So i hope there's higher floors that are vacant to choose from.

well... 5th floor has alot of vacant units. The lift only service 1, 5, 9. I dont check every level luh. Heh. i stayed on 6th btw. Still got roaches!!! :(
Had 4 bottles of spray on standby at different areas.. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.