RES COURSE

graciouscleo

Reaction score
Hi, I failed paper one but passed paper two for the recent May 2015 exams. Thought of appealing but does it help? Anyone appealed successfully before?
Or should I just register for the next exams in August? Kindly advise.

scarletwitch

Reaction score
Hi, I failed paper one but passed paper two for the recent May 2015 exams. Thought of appealing but does it help? Anyone appealed successfully before?

I think retaking is the better choice as plenty of res-to-be retake and pass. Never heard of people who appealed successfully before. Just my 2 cents.

noel13

Reaction score

Just retake it

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
If you are representing your mom or friend, under the CEA ruling, you have to declare the the relationship to the seller upfront.

To get your comms payment, you need to be a registered agent with one of the property agencies. Joining an agencies typically cost you $500 joining fee (one time) and another $500 per year for CEA fees, insurance and email account. Please note that it will takes approximately 4 months before you can start practicing as an agent (assuming you pass at the first attempt) including 1 month to attend courses, 1 month for exam, 1 month for results and 1 month for CEA to conduct background check before issuing you a license. Your property agency will also take a cut of 20-30% of your earnings for the initial x no. of transactions.

The comm for buyer agent is typically 0.5% rather than 1% depending on how you negotiate with the seller or seller agent.

Best wishes on your endeavors and Happy Lunar New Year!

Friend also needs? How to define friend?

starhub

Reaction score
RES Exam App

I just completed my RES course with Benchmark... hope to pass at first try!

Btw I found this free app: http://resexam.sg

so far quite useful for practicing :s12:

Good luck bros!

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
Is there such a thing like I can attempt the exam on my own without attending the course? Just 1 attempt and if fail then it is compulsory to attend the course to take the exam.

xiaoyuer89

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing like I can attempt the exam on my own without attending the course? Just 1 attempt and if fail then it is compulsory to attend the course to take the exam.

no u will need to attend the course. it's a pre requisite.

just to ask for people who took the exams recently, is the financial calculator needed as our lecturers ask us to get it?

Tasco

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone pass or fail in their latest paper? Results just came out 2 days ago I think

iphone1s

Reaction score
Having the right attitude now will not land you the sale. The key is to have reseources. To know the whos who. If you are not already prominent. Forget about real estate in singapore

Sophia.

Reaction score
Just to share, it's not advisable to try out mock questions before you really read and understand - getting your fundamentals right. Or else, there is a large chance of confusing yourself 'cause some mock questions out there are based on the old regulations/policies. Pretty dangerous to rely on them. I stayed out of the mock questions and I passed both papers on my first attempt.

I took my RES course in RIA school and if you like, I can get $100 referral fee from the school, and I don't mind just giving it back to you in full 100%. (If this promo is still avail from the school) PM me!

Sophia.

Reaction score
Anybody taking RES course and going for the October exams? I am going to help some aspiring realtors with the upcoming exams, let me know if you need help too!

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Res YEARLY renewal fee is 230 dollars. Application fee is 100 over dollars. Plus have to take compulsory courses every year. Have to buy insurance. Have to go jail for fraudulent tenants or fraudulent acts.

Exams are over 200 dollars and hard to pass.

Then now people would rather do diy than engage salesperson. Res is dead.

Last edited:

noel13

Reaction score
Res YEARLY renewal fee is 230 dollars. Application fee is 100 over dollars. Plus have to take compulsory courses every year. Have to buy insurance. Have to go jail for fraudulent tenants or fraudulent acts.

Exams are over 200 dollars and hard to pass.

Then now people would rather do diy than engage salesperson. Res is dead.

Ya Bro/Sis.

You are so right. It is a good decision to forget about it after thinking so hard and being so negative about it. Please don't consider it.

biggoodwolf

Reaction score
Jointly Register for RES at Pioneer hybrid Schedule in Aug?

Anybody interested to join the RES course at Jurong Pioneer?
Can jointly join this class and enjoy a discount?
PM me and we join together.

www pioneertraining org

Aug 22 to Sep 24

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.