OCBC Credit Cards Annual Fee waiver (Ridiculous)

lingua101

Reaction score
OMG, if i'm the bank, i also dont want customer like you.

spend so little still wanna open mouth big big LMAO... pls cancel...

good riddance...

Same happen to me. I asked for Robinson Card waiver, they refused, as I hardly use the Robinson card. But I spent quite some on the Platinum card and keep giving them fee for Balance Transfer.

I do not know why they should be so calculative (again citing the $5000 spending).

Anyway, I do not really care la. I just cancel the card, as I found OCBC card is evry lousy anyway.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lifetime fee waiver means no need to call in. Thats what waiver means.

See reply from OCBC:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/81527897-post687.html

Titanium never used
Frank - about $10 a month, because my main card don't have paywave and sometimes i use paywave =:p

Nope, I was made to call in for a waiver as I didn't hit minimum spend. OCBC's reply does not say it's a perpetual automatic waiver.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today I received a charge of annual fee of $160 to OCBC CashFlo Credit Card and I requested for waiver. The OCBC CSO Officer told me that in order to enjoy the annual fee waiver, I must spend $5000 for the entire in order to enjoy the waiver.

This is ridiculous, cos it didn't communicated to the consumers during the signing of the credit cards especially on the $5000 spending requirement. Think it is really dirty of the bank to impose such a thing.

I am gonna cancel both my credit cards soon, if they don't process the waiver.

To be fair. At the time of your signing. Did anyone tell you that you can get waiver of annual fee?

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Although, to be fair, if you read your statements from around October, there's a table with a section for "minimum spend requirement for annual fee auto waiver". This is set at $5k for most cards.

mlam84

Reaction score
Although, to be fair, if you read your statements from around October, there's a table with a section for "minimum spend requirement for annual fee auto waiver". This is set at $5k for most cards.
Thanks! Just take a look at the last page of my eStatement

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have clocked >$5000 on my OCBC 365 and Frank last year but think they have lost their competitiveness. Don't see myself spending $5k on any of the cards in the next year. Intend to cancel all my OCBC cards.

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to get lifetime waiver? I have already cancelled half of my ocbc cards. Isn't it ironical? Those cards so uselsss yet ocbc insists on annual fee. Other banks have much better cards yet the annual fees are waived like no tomorrow.

Just go down to any OCBC branch and bring along 2 passport sized photos, income tax statement and CPF contribution history and ask for the lifetime waiver form and proceed to fill up and choose the cards you want to apply for. OCBC will then assess your eligibility and inform you of the outcome of the lifetime waiver.

jentang

Reaction score
Does this apply to other banks like standard chartered and UOB? OCBC cards are useless to me.

Just go down to any OCBC branch and bring along 2 passport sized photos, income tax statement and CPF contribution history and ask for the lifetime waiver form and proceed to fill up and choose the cards you want to apply for. OCBC will then assess your eligibility and inform you of the outcome of the lifetime waiver.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, it's a normal thing. Just cancel the card and move on. I cancel cards all the time. Re-apply after 6mth-1year can liao.
Yup....it is good they send me statement for annual fee.....i got about 20 cc n hard to keep check.
I only use one mainly....the rest is use once then keep....use once to get free gifts. Im hardly a big spender.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

kexin90

Reaction score
Have held OCBC credit card since end 2014 and have a very good credit record but they refused to waive my late fee charge + interest for last month. This is the second time I am requesting a waiver in 2 years.

In addition, I first called in to waive the charge on 24 Jun - applied through the automated system and never got a reply. Tried again through the operator on 9 Jul. Thereafter received an sms on 14 Jul to say that the waiver was rejected. I have been trying to call in for an appeal since 8 Jul and held for at least 10min each time. There is no way to speak to an operator as they are always "experiencing high call volume."

Honestly I think it is time to cancel the card and move on to other banks. The Frank card became unattractive after they changed the T&Cs in Oct 2015, so you can only enjoy the cash rebates after spending $400 offline.

zumaba

Reaction score
Have held OCBC credit card since end 2014 and have a very good credit record but they refused to waive my late fee charge + interest for last month. This is the second time I am requesting a waiver in 2 years.

In addition, I first called in to waive the charge on 24 Jun - applied through the automated system and never got a reply. Tried again through the operator on 9 Jul. Thereafter received an sms on 14 Jul to say that the waiver was rejected. I have been trying to call in for an appeal since 8 Jul and held for at least 10min each time. There is no way to speak to an operator as they are always "experiencing high call volume."

Honestly I think it is time to cancel the card and move on to other banks. The Frank card became unattractive after they changed the T&Cs in Oct 2015, so you can only enjoy the cash rebates after spending $400 offline.

really dun know who are the talents behind OCBC to design such rubbish $400 pending thingy like "outside online" (for Frank card) and/or "outside NTUC shop" (for NUTC plus card).

just for the sake of a 5% rebate for online and/or NTUC shop, you have to stress yourself to check every now and then to make sure >$400 offline an/or other shops, but get no any return on these $400 spending ? How stupid this is?

Well, OCBC might be just so happy with its talents' "creative" ideas. LOL

Last edited:

jentang

Reaction score
Patience is the key to speaking to a CSO. I waited for more than 30 min on a weekday night before I get to speak to the CSO. Then the CSO transferred me to another CSO and I have to wait for another 5 min. But luckily it's not another 30 min wait. Btw, my call is also to enquire on my annual fee waiver because I did not receive any sms and needed to know the outcome.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi kexin90,

We are sorry to learn about your experience with our hotline. Have you managed to speak to our service executive?

If not, do drop us a PM with your contact details, and we will arrange for a call to you.

We could help to put up an appeal, but do note that it will still be subject to the bank's review and approval.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi kexin90,

We are sorry to learn about your experience with our hotline. Have you managed to speak to our service executive?

If not, do drop us a PM with your contact details, and we will arrange for a call to you.

We could help to put up an appeal, but do note that it will still be subject to the bank's review and approval.

^DG

Hi kexin90,

We haven't yet heard from you.

Should you require for us to assist, please PM us your contact number and we will get in touch.

Thank you.

^WX

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Just terminate the card lah if no waiver.
Ocbc cards are not fantastic anyway
Plus suck service so long to speak to the cso.
Ccb

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just terminate the card lah if no waiver.
Ocbc cards are not fantastic anyway
Plus suck service so long to speak to the cso.
Ccb

I thought last time i called in if after some time cant get thru to any CSO can leave down contact no for them call back. Now no such option? But thats like more than a year ago. Have not been calling for some time since. Managed to spend more than $5k so another year of auto fee waiver. So far so good for moi.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.