Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaoyuan

Reaction score
Hi there! Standard bto house only requires 9k btu. Is more than sufficient. If you really want it to be cold you can go for 12k btu. Living room will be 18k or 21k depend on your size.

In Singapore, will recommend to go for either Daikin or Mitsubishi. Cost with installation is estimate 3k-3.1k with upgrades specs!

Hi..

Need advice as I am clueless. Wanna get 3 sys aircon for my 3 bto rm.

1) how many btu require for each rooms? Higher btu will it better?
2) which brand is recommended?

Thanks in advance

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im using starmex MXY-3A28VA .. btw any1 has used its dry mode? I thought it cools the room pretty well but not sure of its 'real' energysavings.

memoriess

Reaction score
anyone can recommend trusted and good air con companies? Looking for silver envi by daikin. system 3, 9k btu. Please advise.

guyferic

Reaction score
Why I ask qns for over 2 weeks, nobody reply. I'm so sad. Just like to find a good aircon installation company to install 2 aircon for 2 bedrooms, anyone have any suggestions?

For online I found Jex Aircon and Cool World Aircon, anyone use their services b4, care to share? I saw good and bad reviews for gain city so I think its heng suay one.

Aircon I'm looking at:

Starmex(5 ticks)
MXY2G20VA
MSXY-FJ10VE x 2(9000)

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why I ask qns for over 2 weeks, nobody reply. I'm so sad. Just like to find a good aircon installation company to install 2 aircon for 2 bedrooms, anyone have any suggestions?

For online I found Jex Aircon and Cool World Aircon, anyone use their services b4, care to share? I saw good and bad reviews for gain city so I think its heng suay one.

Aircon I'm looking at:

Starmex(5 ticks)
MXY2G20VA
MSXY-FJ10VE x 2(9000)

I would recommend Newway System.
My experience with them...
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...g-any-recommendations-please-1555211-444.html

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 btu 3 units
24 btu 1 unit for living room
28 compressor. Starmex 5 ticks

Does that mean that once I on my living rom unit, the other room can't be turned on?

theroomstudio

Reaction score
You can try this company called Dr Cool Asia. They install and service the air cons in my house. And they are the company that Goh Ah Bee engages as their service provider for any air cons bought at the shop.

luiohh

Reaction score
5 room HDB aircon - looking for feedback on quote

Hi all, looking for help on getting a new aircon to replace old one (about 10 years). I stay in a 5 room HDB, living room and dining area combined into one large area. I got a quote from "Tim Wong" who is active on renotalk forum. Wondering if anyone can help in the below.

1. Anyone has any experience with "Tim Wong" from renotalk? Seems to feature quite prominently there - not many reviews but those that I saw seems to be generally positive, didn't see any bad reviews.

2. He quoted the following:

===
Option 1 (5 ticks energy efficiency)

System 4 One Outdoor Condensor (For 3 bedroom 1 living-dining hall) with Compressor Capacity 28,000 btu- 5 ticks energy saving--Estimated $650 yearly electricity bill (based on NEA Test 8 hrs usage @ 25
degree temperature)

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex Inverter 2015 New model- $4,599

MXY-4G28VA/ MSXY-FJ10 (9,000 btu) x 3 + MSXY-FJ24 (24,000 btu) x 1
===

He also quoted a few other models which are cheaper by $600 - $700 from MHI, Daikin and ME starmex but which are only 2-3 ticks energy efficiency. Any thoughts - was thinking of getting the above Option 1 but i thought to ask if anyone here got any feedback/comments.

Thank you!

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tks for recommendation. they look good and trust-able, will arrange for a site survey, maybe from Newway and Cool world after the CNY period.:)

hello, which company did you choose in the end? does newway sell air cons itself? Can't seem to find any models on the website. Thanks!

Looking to install 2 air cons for a 3 room flat. anyone can recommend a shop/company?

guyferic

Reaction score
hello, which company did you choose in the end? does newway sell air cons itself? Can't seem to find any models on the website. Thanks!

Looking to install 2 air cons for a 3 room flat. anyone can recommend a shop/company?

not yet install but will arrange for a site survey hopefully by end of this mth. I think most companies will recommend the best suitable aircon after the site survey. Do your own research 1st and tell them your choice. I'm looking at this model, Starmex(5 ticks) MXY2G20VA, MSXY-FJ10VE x 2(9000)

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 btu 3 units

Does that mean that once I on my living rom unit, the other room can't be turned on?

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Went to see Mitsubishi Starmex last night and was quoted the following:

System 3 (5 ticks)
MSXYFJ10VE x 2 & MSXYFJ18VE with MXY3G28VA at $3649
Bracket at $150
Upgrade Copper piping and insulation at $180

Is this the current market price?

hanz170

Reaction score
I am planning to replace my Daikin with Mitsubishi Starmex but I am more interested in the cooling capabilities and noise level comparison between the older 2 ticks and newer 5 ticks system.

The brochures tells me the older system is quieter but the newer system cools faster. Between cooling faster and a quieter system, I think a quieter system tips it for me.

I am leaning towards the older 2 ticks system but will make a trip to the showroom to know more before I decide.

Last edited:

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
I have an offer to upgrade the 18k btu fan coil to 24k for $100. This is part of a system 4 for the living room. My place is a 4 room unit but with no door between the kitchen and living room.

My concern is at energy saving mode the 24k will consume
More power than the 18k one. So the long term running cost will be very high.

28degree

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for help on getting a new aircon to replace old one (about 10 years). I stay in a 5 room HDB, living room and dining area combined into one large area. I got a quote from "Tim Wong" who is active on renotalk forum. Wondering if anyone can help in the below.

1. Anyone has any experience with "Tim Wong" from renotalk? Seems to feature quite prominently there - not many reviews but those that I saw seems to be generally positive, didn't see any bad reviews.

2. He quoted the following:

===
Option 1 (5 ticks energy efficiency)

System 4 One Outdoor Condensor (For 3 bedroom 1 living-dining hall) with Compressor Capacity 28,000 btu- 5 ticks energy saving--Estimated $650 yearly electricity bill (based on NEA Test 8 hrs usage @ 25
degree temperature)

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex Inverter 2015 New model- $4,599

MXY-4G28VA/ MSXY-FJ10 (9,000 btu) x 3 + MSXY-FJ24 (24,000 btu) x 1
===

He also quoted a few other models which are cheaper by $600 - $700 from MHI, Daikin and ME starmex but which are only 2-3 ticks energy efficiency. Any thoughts - was thinking of getting the above Option 1 but i thought to ask if anyone here got any feedback/comments.

Thank you!

I used Tim for his service few weeks back. Overall is a pleasant experience dealing with him and his workers. Mine is York System 4. :)

sim21

Reaction score
10 btu 3 units

Can turn on, but no cold. Not enough capacity.

U can turn on with sufficient capacity for either all 3 bed rooms or Living room only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.