The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ tell you so much. End of the day. Gotta try and see if it suits you.
If not how to convince you?

kiatky

Reaction score
Review for Original by Blumaan as I haven't seen too many review on Asian hair. Used it twice so far and these are my thoughts.

Scent: smell like a mild mint mix with other essential oils. Something like those candle wax you find in the store. I find it acceptable though not the best scent.

Application: easy to scoop out of the jar and spread(fiber like similar to bb90). But gets rather sticky and application takes more effort than other hair products. The sticky feeling in the hair does fade away after around 30min for me. I also find using original as a pre styler on damp hair works best. Not using too much product is key, experiment on the amount you need.

Hold: The hold is fantastic, it last up to 14 hours before it starts falling apart on the sides. (I'm in an environment from aircon to outdoor and hawker centre).

Washability: very easy to wash off from hands after applying. As for the hair I would say around 90% with just water and easily everything with shampoo. But I do enjoy the product build up.

Conclusion: it's a product unlike anything I've used as after 30mins it feels like there nothing in your hair. Literally. Hold and endurance is good however the application is kinda tough due to the stickness unless you use it as a pre-styler. Original takes a it of experimenting as if applied too much it may lead to your fingers getting stuck on your hair when restyling throughout the day.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Review for Original by Blumaan as I haven't seen too many review on Asian hair. Used it twice so far and these are my thoughts.

Scent: smell like a mild mint mix with other essential oils. Something like those candle wax you find in the store. I find it acceptable though not the best scent.

Application: easy to scoop out of the jar and spread(fiber like similar to bb90). But gets rather sticky and application takes more effort than other hair products. The sticky feeling in the hair does fade away after around 30min for me. I also find using original as a pre styler on damp hair works best. Not using too much product is key, experiment on the amount you need.

Hold: The hold is fantastic, it last up to 14 hours before it starts falling apart on the sides. (I'm in an environment from aircon to outdoor and hawker centre).

Washability: very easy to wash off from hands after applying. As for the hair I would say around 90% with just water and easily everything with shampoo. But I do enjoy the product build up.

Conclusion: it's a product unlike anything I've used as after 30mins it feels like there nothing in your hair. Literally. Hold and endurance is good however the application is kinda tough due to the stickness unless you use it as a pre-styler. Original takes a it of experimenting as if applied too much it may lead to your fingers getting stuck on your hair when restyling throughout the day.

FIRST BLOOD!

xiaokuang

Reaction score

Agree on the tough to apply and the time (maybe 20 mins ) for wax to settle in the hair...

Sent from Samsung SM-G920I using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ ya. at first will feel sticky.
once in should be ok.

i use it time to time. i got toooo many products already

who want david elliot pomade pm me.
i got tub 20% left.
giving away.

now i using those jap wax i bought in japan.
Uevo grey (hard to find in japan cause always sold out)
Deuxer 6 (solid wax, not as dry as uevo, got more oil content i think, can say its the jap version of clay pomade)
spice freeze (similar to uevo grey)

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Seems that u got ang moh hair

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
1g4tu0.jpg

All in all, blumaan has a minty smell and is definitely lightweight. I notice the stickyness when applying too but good thing is it's not difficult to wash off.

Gonna use this for CNY! Happy CNY to all! :s12:

tomomibaby

Reaction score
2mw8he9.jpg

My Cny hairstyle styled with uevo green
I tried to style it with more layered at the front bit I cant seems too is my hair too thick or not fine enough to achieve layered front?should I use hairspray to fix the hair as the shape wpuld go out after 6 hours around there?would there be any side effects using hairspray?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.