Best ramen in Singapore

clokwerk0

Reaction score
Dinner at Menya Takeichi (Suntec City). Another Menya chain from Japan.

Tori based broth. Toppings consist of poached chicken breast (similar to Brothers ramen), seared chicken thighs, and chicken meatballs. No chashu.
Broth less intense in flavour and smell compared to Marutama's. Tend to find Marutama's broth has a strong fowl smell.

98F3A647-0959-4F1F-816E-F39241FB03A7_zpsachbfa1u.jpg

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Looks promising. :lick:

Dinner at Menya Takeichi (Suntec City). Another Menya chain from Japan.

Tori based broth. Toppings consist of poached chicken breast (similar to Brothers ramen), seared chicken thighs, and chicken meatballs. No chashu.
Broth less intense in flavour and smell compared to Marutama's. Tend to find Marutama's broth has a strong fowl smell.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Burosu Honten Ramen and Gyoza @ Emporium Shokuhin, Marina Square.
RM1hU2c.jpg

byYrzrv.jpg

S$15.30 for Tonkotsu Ramen with onsen egg add on. Very rich & flavourful broth. Comes with 2 pieces of thick chashu also. :lick:

xXIK9pB.jpg

appiez

Reaction score
Burosu Honten Ramen and Gyoza @ Emporium Shokuhin, Marina Square.
S$15.30 for Tonkotsu Ramen with onsen egg add on. Very rich & flavourful broth. Comes with 2 pieces of thick chashu also. :lick:

Had this just now, find the soup taste similar to tonkotsu king at Parkway Parade.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find Ajisen too salty. Seems like their standard has dropped.
Was their standard ever high to begin with? I haven't eat Ajisen I think at least 2-3 years liao, too many other better ramen around.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

urm... ate today... i think takagi ramen taste better than this... can't say is bad... but it's not really good either... soup is porky and not strong... char shu is thin... chewy but not very flavorful... ramen is more like mee sua... only the egg is naise... overall ratings 3/5...

if i stay in clementi i would eat cos it's still decent and not very ex (for ramen)... otherwise if u stay elsewhere not worth making the journey to the west just to jiak...

regards,
wacky

clokwerk0

Reaction score
urm... ate today... i think takagi ramen taste better than this... can't say is bad... but it's not really good either... soup is porky and not strong... char shu is thin... chewy but not very flavorful... ramen is more like mee sua... only the egg is naise... overall ratings 3/5...

if i stay in clementi i would eat cos it's still decent and not very ex (for ramen)... otherwise if u stay elsewhere not worth making the journey to the west just to jiak...

regards,
wacky

Will have to agree with wacky... Had the regular Tonkotsu ramen for dinner cos they ran out of the deluxe...

Noodles were too soft, and Mee Sua came to my mind too. Wonder what Johorkaki meant by "al dente" in his review, when the noodles were lacking in bite. And each time I pick it up with the chopsticks, it comes up in clumps.

Broth simply just emulsified with fats rather than rich in collagen. Possibly the reason for the strong porcine taste.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Lobster King @ Clarke Quay.
qpfbFVf.jpg

lV5vVGW.jpg

S$14.90++ for lobster broth (rich) ramen. Damn shiok. The broth is just bursting with umami taste. Gladded that they're sticking with the thinner hakata style noodles instead of the fatter ones found in their crab ramen. :D

3MWOqTF.jpg

LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lobster King @ Clarke Quay.

S$14.90++ for lobster broth (rich) ramen. Damn shiok. The broth is just bursting with umami taste. Gladded that they're sticking with the thinner hakata style noodles instead of the fatter ones found in their crab ramen. :D
Was there a mad crowd?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.