Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
May I ask, theHarry Potter (part 1) movie on Chn5 HD now, is there any sub?

should have chinese subtitles

24798899091_f8b051ae44_b.jpg

dreamboxjb

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anybody from Yishun can receive malaysian mytv via T2?
once they start use c47/682mhz, i cant get it at all...
:s11:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In previous thread, I actually updated my some of my problems. Here is some more update and some new questions that I have.

Background:
I have problem watching ChnU, CNA and Okto (006, 007, 008) on stable basis even when I already place my passive antenna beside my windows. This was resolved after I got a loaned set of Funke active antenna. Due to laziness and fact that it is just for testing, I place the Funke just below my TV, on my TV console. 006, 007, 008 have all been good. Channels 800 onwards all cannot watch but those are not important.

The Funke antenna got 2 parts. 1 part is the antenna itself with a cable and end plug that can be plugged directly into the TV. The other part is a cable, that split into 2 at the other end. Single end goes into TV, the double ends, 1 for USB connection 1 for connection to the antenna (part 1).

During CNY, out of boredom, and boliao, I removed the part 1 from part 2 (part 2 still attached to my TV and USB), and connect my passive antenna into the single end of part 2. My passive antenna is still beside my window. I am surprised that the result is excellent. Even those channels from 800 onward I can receive clearly and stable. However, all will be like sh1t (including 006, 007, 008) if I remove the USB connection.

So, I am thinking, instead of buying another Funke, I would like to buy the part 2 cable alone to connect to my passive antenna. Can anyone enlighten me, where can I buy that? Or if you have such cable unused at home, can sell to me?

Thanks.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In previous thread, I actually updated my some of my problems. Here is some more update and some new questions that I have.

Background:
I have problem watching ChnU, CNA and Okto (006, 007, 008) on stable basis even when I already place my passive antenna beside my windows. This was resolved after I got a loaned set of Funke active antenna. Due to laziness and fact that it is just for testing, I place the Funke just below my TV, on my TV console. 006, 007, 008 have all been good. Channels 800 onwards all cannot watch but those are not important.

The Funke antenna got 2 parts. 1 part is the antenna itself with a cable and end plug that can be plugged directly into the TV. The other part is a cable, that split into 2 at the other end. Single end goes into TV, the double ends, 1 for USB connection 1 for connection to the antenna (part 1).

During CNY, out of boredom, and boliao, I removed the part 1 from part 2 (part 2 still attached to my TV and USB), and connect my passive antenna into the single end of part 2. My passive antenna is still beside my window. I am surprised that the result is excellent. Even those channels from 800 onward I can receive clearly and stable. However, all will be like sh1t (including 006, 007, 008) if I remove the USB connection.

So, I am thinking, instead of buying another Funke, I would like to buy the part 2 cable alone to connect to my passive antenna. Can anyone enlighten me, where can I buy that? Or if you have such cable unused at home, can sell to me?

Thanks.

Part 2 will make the Passive Antenna became Active Antenna. Because your loaned antenna is old so may be a new one will be better. Suggest you get funke 5.0 or 5.1 la. Surprise to hear that you are bored during CNY. Can always go for a short trip during those 4 days. Many places to go and lots of online tv program and can play lg tv game.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For TV that supports DVB-C, does it still need indoor antenna to watch HD channel?

No need for indoor antenna. Will Starhub allow people to watch HD channels using their cable tv point without subscription? May be in future can only watch with their Starhub set top box if connect from their cable tv point. Do not think SH will allow free lunch.

Last edited:

Ottoke

Reaction score
No need for indoor antenna. Will Starhub allow people to watch HD channels using their cable tv point without subscription? May be in future can only watch with their Starhub set top box if connect from their cable tv point. Do not think SH will allow free lunch.

I think SH will allow ppl to use their cable tv point (isnt that what is it for in the 1st place?)

I think you can watch with their STB but you need to have their basic subscription, if not where do you get the STB in the 1st place?

Btw if let's say you forgot to pay the bills, they will terminate your paid channels except those FTA ones and they are still watchable.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think SH will allow ppl to use their cable tv point (isnt that what is it for in the 1st place?)

I think you can watch with their STB but you need to have their basic subscription, if not where do you get the STB in the 1st place?

Btw if let's say you forgot to pay the bills, they will terminate your paid channels except those FTA ones and they are still watchable.
Actually DVB-C Tv is easier to use and just plug into the cable tv point. On Tv they keep advertising about DVB-T2 and some online write up about T2 in Mediacorp website. They did not mentioned about DVB-C Tv so i am just guessing.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SH STB is only needed for paid channels (encrypted programme). FTA channels has along been available in analogue and now digital broadcast for free on SCV point. There is no reason why SH would restrict this in the future, furthermore there must be some sort of arrangement between broadcaster and MDA to provide FTA programme over their media be it via terrestrial or cable.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually DVB-C Tv is easier to use and just plug into the cable tv point. On Tv they keep advertising about DVB-T2 and some online write up about T2 in Mediacorp website. They did not mentioned about DVB-C Tv so i am just guessing.

Again another silly question. Just ask yourself, is Mediacorp = Starhub? The former is relying on DVB-T2 for broadcast whilst the latter can only do so via DVB-C. So why would Mediacorp mentioned some other technology which they can't provide? :s8:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Background:

Thanks.
Anyone????

nergnor

Reaction score
Cant seem to find the answer anywhere.. pardon if this has been asked before.. Can I get a dvb-t2 receiver and connect it to my computer LED monitor via hdmi (instead of a connecting to a LED TV) to watch TV channels? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.