The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
2mw8he9.jpg

My Cny hairstyle styled with uevo green
I tried to style it with more layered at the front bit I cant seems too is my hair too thick or not fine enough to achieve layered front?should I use hairspray to fix the hair as the shape wpuld go out after 6 hours around there?would there be any side effects using hairspray?
Need to ask junhong daikor cos ur hair reminds me of his

Sent from a galaxy far, far away using GAGT

dj_flame

Reaction score
I need a new haircut, throw me ideas.

Caveat: No undercuts or high fades/slopes please. No korean/asian popstar hairstyles too. I'm a 100% SPG.

Something textured and slightly messy would be good.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dj_flame

Reaction score
Lol not helping.

Pictures would be good.

I was thinking of either-or, leaning towards the angmoh guy:
2016hairtrends5.jpg

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
hi all, need hair sexperts here to advise.

see the front bangs of this guy below:
a8a155ad8288475be16a087b2dcbf0b8.png

any idea how to style it so that it sweeps to the side? i tried blow-dry but useless. would i need some kind of pomade or gel or something for this task?

i asked the hairdresser previously to cut it to this shape and if i use my hand to manually sweep it sideways, it goes side but a bit of walking or wind, then it all comes vertically straight down.

tks a lot!

tomomibaby

Reaction score
hi all, need hair sexperts here to advise.

see the front bangs of this guy below:
a8a155ad8288475be16a087b2dcbf0b8.png

any idea how to style it so that it sweeps to the side? i tried blow-dry but useless. would i need some kind of pomade or gel or something for this task?

i asked the hairdresser previously to cut it to this shape and if i use my hand to manually sweep it sideways, it goes side but a bit of walking or wind, then it all comes vertically straight down.

tks a lot!

U could just comb ur hair to the direction you want to swept,and blow dry it that direction and just apply a strong hold wax that should be able to hold whole day.any adjustment could be done with just hands or comb if u prefer natural feel would be good if u use ur hands.

Find that pomade and gel the shine are too strong and not able to adjust the style

For strong hold wax would recommend Byvilain Gold digger/dynamite clay or if u want to try japanese brand u could try uevo green/grey all are available online.Just avoid gatsby by all means. IMO
Just my 2 cents hope it helps

Last edited:

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
U could just comb ur hair to the direction you want to swept,and blow dry it that direction and just apply a strong hold wax that should be able to hold whole day.any adjustment could be done with just hands or comb if u prefer natural feel would be good if u use ur hands.

Just my 2 cents hope it helps

tks, tbh, i've no idea how to angle my wrists in such a way that i can comb it to the side like this. because if i try it, the front part will end up looking like this:

2E0B5A3700000578-0-image-a-3_1446485143504.jpg

:s22::s22::s22::s22::s22::s22:

same for hands. not sure if i'm supposed to rub the gel into the front part of hair then use fingers to sweep it, because when i do that, the hair ends up in bunches of strands, not one whole neat patch like the previous pic.

tomomibaby

Reaction score
tks, tbh, i've no idea how to angle my wrists in such a way that i can comb it to the side like this. because if i try it, the front part will end up looking like this:

2E0B5A3700000578-0-image-a-3_1446485143504.jpg

:s22::s22::s22::s22::s22::s22:

same for hands. not sure if i'm supposed to rub the gel into the front part of hair then use fingers to sweep it, because when i do that, the hair ends up in bunches of strands, not one whole neat patch like the previous pic.

Just dig about 10 cent amount and rub it,apply to hold head and focus on the bangs just focus it by moving your hair to the direction you want using ur hands moving it foward and not backwards or else would look like the pic,if there still a few strands could juat use ur comb to comb it down or just apply a little bit of wax.

This should help
https://youtu.be/PXZxaUqwda4

Watch until 1.40 it should give u the style u want,rest the vid is styling it to give a more texture front

BTW what wax are u using?

Last edited:

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, tks for the vid and tips.

I'm not using any wax currently, only shiseido powdershake for volume n PowerPoint for hold. I have very bad experience with wax and gel in the 90s (always end up making my hair fugly like lao uncle).

Btw, when i sweat during exercises, i find that i can actually make it sweep sideways very nicely.

tomomibaby

Reaction score
Hi, tks for the vid and tips.

I'm not using any wax currently, only shiseido powdershake for volume n PowerPoint for hold. I have very bad experience with wax and gel in the 90s (always end up making my hair fugly like lao uncle).

Btw, when i sweat during exercises, i find that i can actually make it sweep sideways very nicely.

Oh I see,as I have the same style as you just sharing some tips haha but with wax the shape wont go out of shape even though I sweat alot,BTW can share with me is the powerpoint hair spray is it good as u have one how is it compare with other hairspray?is there any much diff like the hold duartion with or without?

Last edited:

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Oh I see,as I have the same style as you just sharing some tips haha but with wax the shape wont go out of shape even though I sweat alot,BTW can share with me is the powerpoint hair spray is good as u have one how is it compare with other hairspray?

Hi, i would say totally worth the money.
I haven't used other spray before except gatsby sprays (various hardest versions), and i would say spraying a tiny bit of PowerPoint spray provides 5x more hold than spamming my head full of gatsby.

Best is, the fragrance is very tasty (like fruit juice) and looks very natural. Best part is, against super huge beach level winds, your hair will get messed up (if you are not using wax or gel), BUT just style it back and the HOLD returns! With the Gatsby sprays, once the hair is messed up, the hold goes away for good.

I'm only using powdershake on the top n sides of my hair without wax n gel, and PP alone is enough.

Btw, are u using golddigger? How does it compare against Gatsby moving rubber series?

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Just to add, pp can easily last 1.5+ full day assuming u don't get wet in rain.

Can even last if u lie in bed and toss n turn, though a bit of the hold will be gonw if u do that.

Can also last somewhat against extreme sweating once the sweat dries (intense cardio)

tomomibaby

Reaction score
I haven't used other spray before except gatsby sprays (various hardest versions), and i would say spraying a tiny bit of PowerPoint spray provides 5x more hold than spamming my head full of gatsby.

Best is, the fragrance is very tasty (like fruit juice) and looks very natural. Best part is, against super huge beach level winds, your hair will get messed up (if you are not using wax or gel), BUT just style it back and the HOLD returns! With the Gatsby sprays, once the hair is messed up, the hold goes away for good.

I'm only using powdershake on the top n sides of my hair without wax n gel, and PP alone is enough.

Btw, are u using golddigger? How does it compare against Gatsby moving rubber series?
Thanks Bro,might consider getting one haha,will it have white flakes as i read online gatsby tend to have it when u swept ur hair,depending which Gatsby moving rubber u comparing,if u comparing the one I had b4 the purple one forget the name,gold digger is much easier to wash off as gatsby to me is really hard to wash off i need to shampoo it 2 times.The hold on gold digger is much better.I find that gatsby get sticky cant sweep back with my hands even though is much oily than gold digger.Well just my opinion and vary from which gatsby u using.

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

powdershake can use for ur fringe also. spray on ur hands first.

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Bro,might consider getting one haha,will it have white flakes as i read online gatsby tend to have it when u swept ur hair,depending which Gatsby moving rubber u comparing,if u comparing the one I had b4 the purple one forget the name,gold digger is much easier to wash off as gatsby to me is really hard to wash off i need to shampoo it 2 times.The hold on gold digger is much better.I find that gatsby get sticky cant sweep back with my hands even though is much oily than gold digger.Well just my opinion and vary from which gatsby u using.

Powerpoint spray no white flakes, don't worry. i regularly use those brush comb to further enhance the volume, sometimes use hand as well, no issues with that. if you look at the details and reviews on junhong's site on this spray, you'll read the same thing. that's why when i discovered this thing, it was one of the best discovery in my life. before that, i spent more than a decade wondering how come the gatsby spray all don't seem to have any effect on my hair.

also, the gatsby moving rubber all seem to be useless, no offense.
tried the red, purple, green, gray, blue, brown before....:s8::s8:
all those nonsense about green = max airy volume, red = max hold etc....are all BS.

btw, is gold digger good for making those faux hawk / mohawk type of spiky hair? thinking of getting one for my bro. i remember reading got gaoxing and a few others here sell it, didn't keep track :s13:
where did you get yours from?

powdershake can use for ur fringe also. spray on ur hands first.

tks, how many times do u spray on it? also, after spraying, i assume you rub into the front part of hair, then sweep it sideways, then blow-dry?

tbh, i never thought powdershake can be used like that, because once the mist leaves the bottle, it seems to vanish into air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.